All the Blood pressure medications

9 hours ago, ignis said:

CKD is kidney disease ?  YES

BP med's at moment   LO sar tan

Hugh blood pressure is really bad for the kidneys. Never leave high blood pressure untreated. 

14 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Yea, I asked the doctor I waned to changed and he was fine with it. I just changed over. On that very first night I slept soundly and didn't wake up till the morning. I use olmetech (the arb). 20 mg at night time along with a statin. I don't have any  obvious side effects but it's important to get regular blood tests to check on kidney and liver function. I'm a bit fatigued on occasion but maybe I'm just a lazy sod. lol. 

It just goes to show however, that Doctors are in the 'try it and see what happens' frame of mind. 

I went to see Urologist for enlarged prostate symptom a few years back and had a list of possible medications which could be appropriate. Showed him and he said 'which one do you want to take'?

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Hugh blood pressure is really bad for the kidneys. Never leave high blood pressure untreated. 

just watched one doctor's youtube vid.

he claims high blood pressure is also related to dementia. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

just watched one doctor's youtube vid.

he claims high blood pressure is also related to dementia. 

Not seen the video, but yes.....I have hypertension and recently had an MRI which indicated 'moderate cerebral small vessel disease, SVD'......a precursor to dementia, strokes, MCI etc...... and almost certainly due to the hypertension.

Get that blood pressure down!!!!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Not seen the video, but yes.....I have hypertension and recently had an MRI which indicated 'moderate cerebral small vessel disease, SVD'......a precursor to dementia, strokes, MCI etc...... and almost certainly due to the hypertension.

Get that blood pressure down!!!!

Recently watch a doco about low dose LSD and people suffering dementia.... the results were jaw dropping.

wish I had of known... woulda fed my mother LSD instead of spunking the coin to put her in a care facility !

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Recently watch a doco about low dose LSD and people suffering dementia.... the results were jaw dropping.

wish I had of known... woulda fed my mother LSD instead of spunking the coin to put her in a care facility !

Might give it a buzz.....what's to lose?

Not my mind sadly.

15 hours ago, ignis said:

As Sheryl suggested  upped my dosage from 25 mg to 50mg  = very tired all the time

Now BP is 167/68     1st one to high ? second one to low ?

Yes, your systolic BP (top number) is too high if this reading was taken at rest.

And your pulse pressure (difference between top and bottom numbers) is extremely  wide. Sometimes this can just be due to an erroneous reading of the bottom number (common with home machines, even the best) and sometimes due to cardiac problems. You should consult a cardiologist, especially since you have a history of heart problems.

8 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Yes, your systolic BP (top number) is too high if this reading was taken at rest.

And your pulse pressure (difference between top and bottom numbers) is extremely  wide. Sometimes this can just be due to an erroneous reading of the bottom number (common with home machines, even the best) and sometimes due to cardiac problems. You should consult a cardiologist, especially since you have a history of heart problems.

I keep a daily chart going back years.

going back and looking up to chaging to local Village Hospital, [Covid time] my monthly reading were near the same

Blood Sugar 112   Blood Pressure  daily monthly adverage  121/78

Past 3 years at local Hospital advrage monthy reading = 170 + over  71

Local Hospital = No Have, on a few of my Meds so were changed + on others dosage changed + no end of Vitimins tablets addred  = 11 Vitimin tablets taken every day..

Biggest change was Blood Sugar used to take Metformin 3 x day + 18 units of Insulin morning + 12 units evening.

Local Hspital 1x metormin mrning + 35 units of Insulin morning + 24 units evening.  [often take less as go in my readings]

Do you or anyone use/can advise  Bang Yai Government Hospital ? not sure I can face the long trip to Red Cross  Hospital anymore........... Don't want to change to a worst Hospital

On 8/14/2024 at 6:57 PM, KannikaP said:

It just goes to show however, that Doctors are in the 'try it and see what happens' frame of mind. 

I went to see Urologist for enlarged prostate symptom a few years back and had a list of possible medications which could be appropriate. Showed him and he said 'which one do you want to take'?

Sometimes they just don't know and everyone reacts differently. She was a bit surprised ay my night time incontinence (think my prostate is slightly enlarged), but upon some research I did  find that this is a side effect, albeit a rare one. I schooled her that evening 😄 So anyone with prostate problems should probably avoid CCB's. 

12 hours ago, ignis said:

Do you or anyone use/can advise  Bang Yai Government Hospital ? not sure I can face the long trip to Red Cross  Hospital anymore........... Don't want to change to a worst Hospital

Community hospital (lowest level of government hospital). It will not have a cardiologist.  

In that genrral area you could try the Mahidol Golden Jubilee Medical Center.

For that matter Siriraj (arguably the best govegnment hodpitdl in ghe country) would still be much closer than Red Cross Hospital. 

There are also a number of private hospitals in this general area  that are mainly used by the Thai middle class so much less expensive than the "international" hospitals  though of course still more than government. Thonburi Hospital, Thonburi 2 hospITal, ChAo Phya for example (woulD help if I knew more exactly where you live). 

12 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Community hospital (lowest level of government hospital). It will not have a cardiologist.  

In that genrral area you could try the Mahidol Golden Jubilee Medical Center.

For that matter Siriraj (arguably the best govegnment hodpitdl in ghe country) would still be much closer than Red Cross Hospital. 

There are also a number of private hospitals in this general area  that are mainly used by the Thai middle class so much less expensive than the "international" hospitals  though of course still more than government. Thonburi Hospital, Thonburi 2 hospITal, ChAo Phya for example (woulD help if I knew more exactly where you live). 

Out in the stick for past 20 years near Sai Noi, about 80 baht Taxi to Sai Noi Hospital

No longer drive, so must use Taxi or Mini Bus, [2 Mini Buses go by Village 2x a day 10 am + 3:30 pm]  there is a 6 wheel truch Bus goes by from 5 am every 2 hours but is to difficult for me to get on....... at least if I went back to Red Cross easy on Public Transport, [can get a lift 3 people go past most morning between 4 am & 5:30 am] to the Pruple Line end station

2004 had a Burst Apensix and was taken to Kasemrad International Hospital, very very expensive, even with a shared room was 85,000 baht  !!  so stay away from Private/International Hospitals

1 hour ago, ignis said:

Out in the stick for past 20 years near Sai Noi, about 80 baht Taxi to Sai Noi Hospital

No longer drive, so must use Taxi or Mini Bus, [2 Mini Buses go by Village 2x a day 10 am + 3:30 pm]  there is a 6 wheel truch Bus goes by from 5 am every 2 hours but is to difficult for me to get on....... at least if I went back to Red Cross easy on Public Transport, [can get a lift 3 people go past most morning between 4 am & 5:30 am] to the Pruple Line end station

2004 had a Burst Apensix and was taken to Kasemrad International Hospital, very very expensive, even with a shared room was 85,000 baht  !!  so stay away from Private/International Hospitals

I really do not know which hospital you mean when you say  "Red Cross".  Do you possibly mean Chulalongkorn Hospital in central Bangkok?

Do nto confuse the3 cost of being an inpatient at a private hospital with costs of simple consultation (usually 1,000 - 2,000 baht, but do not get meds at hospital)

Anyhow go to a major hospital or medical center which has a cardiologist, up to you which one.

Mahidol Golden Jubilee Medical Center in Salaya is about 30 minute drive form most of Sai Noi but of course I can't say as to specifics of public transport from your village.

8 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I really do not know which hospital you mean when you say  "Red Cross".  Do you possibly mean Chulalongkorn Hospital in central Bangkok?

Do nto confuse the3 cost of being an inpatient at a private hospital with costs of simple consultation (usually 1,000 - 2,000 baht, but do not get meds at hospital)

Anyhow go to a major hospital or medical center which has a cardiologist, up to you which one.

Mahidol Golden Jubilee Medical Center in Salaya is about 30 minute drive form most of Sai Noi but of course I can't say as to specifics of public transport from your village.

King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital, The Thai Red Cross Hospital,