Imagine, if you will......

.........an incident where a white expat (US/EU?) attacks a group of Thai children and murders a number of them. 

Egged on by provocative posts from Anutin, many Thais turn violent, attacking male and female farangs in the street, torching property and setting fire to high rise condos where farangs are known to reside.

Would you, as an expat, sympathize with these Thais? Could you understand and accept why they have reacted in this manner?

or

Would you be furious that you, along with other totally innocent farangs, are being targeted and threatened in this fashion?

(Are you capable of empathy?)

• Confused 2

If murdering young children were part of the expat's religious duties, then targeting all farangs who followed that religion would be, in my opinion, perfectly logical.

If, however, the expat wasn't inspired by a murderous religion, but simply mentally ill, then demonising all farangs would be morally repugnant and clearly racist.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

If murdering young children were part of the expat's religious duties, then targeting all farangs who followed that religion would be, in my opinion, perfectly logical.

Which religion is that? Surely not Catholicism ?

• Love It 1

19 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

You first

Not sympathise.....but I would recognise how easily people could be manipulated via social media to behave in such a manner....unacceptable as it is.

I would leave if I felt the tide was turning against expats... but I have the luxury of being able to live in a whole host of countries.

• Love It 1

25 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

.........an incident where a white expat (US/EU?) attacks a group of Thai children and murders a number of them. 

Egged on by provocative posts from Anutin, many Thais turn violent, attacking male and female farangs in the street, torching property and setting fire to high rise condos where farangs are known to reside.

Bearing in mind the subject and the timing, you're clearly trying to correlate your bizarre hypothetical with the Southport incident...why?

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Bearing in mind the subject and the timing, you're clearly trying to correlate your bizarre hypothetical with the Southport incident...why?

None of your beeswax.

• Sad 1

Just now, Will B Good said:
2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

None of your beeswax.

You posted on a forum of which I am a member so it is very much my business, as it is everyone else's who reads the thread.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

but I would recognise how easily people could be manipulated via social media

Manipulation on social media is happening every day . ( influencers ...) .

You cannot believe all that is written on Social Media . ( SM )

Now , in times of AI , even less ... Even photos or Videos may be manipulated .

Your eyes will not show you the truth any more ...

Need to filter and analyse all the info on SM ... and check the credibility of the sources .

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

...but I would recognise how easily people could be manipulated via social media to behave in such a manner....unacceptable as it is.

covid was a good example of that!

35 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Bought one on Sukhumvit last week.....pretty sure it was soil???

You bought a bong and thought it was soil?

Oh dear....

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Which religion is that? Surely not Catholicism ?

Not Catholicism.  Catholicism is all about their priests repeatedly buggering little boys - not murdering them.

• Agree 1

I trying to mentally picture the Thai police force donning riot gear and trying to protect us foreigners from a raging mob if similar events were to happen here...

Nope, it's just not happening!

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

I'll never condone violence, unless it's an 'eye for an eye' situation, and only involving the principles affected, or family & friends of, and consider it their right.