Agent recomendation?

On 8/6/2024 at 9:49 AM, HermosaBeachGuy said:

No.  I have over 800K in a thai bank.  I'm just looking for someone to do the paperwork and be my interaction with immigration personnel.  

The agent I use now also handles my 90 day check ins.

all in CW, as I know.

wow, ur being ripped off royally
friend of mine , had the 800,000 in the bank but had a bad experience with immigration in Phuket and has refused to ever go back there
Paid an agent 10,000/year to do his yearly extension for him ( 90 day reports as well) 
ask around ur immigration

• Thanks 1

On 8/10/2024 at 8:52 AM, proton said:

Were you dealing with 'Grace' at Thai visa centre?

2022 was 16,000, than she raised it to 25,000 when i found someone for 22
Now i hear her prices have dropped
very good service but 25 was way out of line

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

We all know that the price of 22k baht paid by the OP is high but the agent is going far and beyond..... 

'I didn't know location was an issue.  I NEVER go there, she always comes to me, or meets me at the immigration office' 

Not too many agents will come to you, so I reckon the 22k is on the money. 

You are paying for the convenience, some people have difficulty in travelling, mobility is an issue, so having an agent come to you is going to cost more. 

Thanks for this.... 

I check in here regularly, because I think it's the least I can do for people who go out of the way to respond to a post of mine.  So, I was pretty excited to come on here this morning and see how many new contributions there were.  I got optimistic.   

Sadly, it turns out to be some debate about whether or not I want to drag my 70 year old body onto a bus to save 10K baht...  

But, it's nice to see you get it. 

Let me gist this:

I live in bkk, I'm old af.   I am far from wealthy, but my economic circumstances are such that spending 22K baht annually to never have to interact with immigration besides showing up at CW once a year for about 90 minutes to do the bank verification and the initial meeting with immigration, at which I say absolutely nothing, is no hardship at all.

When I first came back to Thailand after being in covid exile in the US, I selected an agent VERY POORLY.... which resulted in a ton of anxiety and immigration issues as she'd gotten my visa 60 days late, and in another province.  After that experience I found the person/group I work with now, and they have been really quite good.

What prompted me to post this was two things:  1.  The person I'm dealing with either has employees, or others with whom she collaborates, and they seem to be the ones working with me now.. they have been less responsive and are no longer proactive at all... this isn't a massive issue, but it's a bit of a pain for me to have to chase after them to schedule stuff like my 90 day.   2.  As has become the focus of most posts on this thread, I was not burdened by the 22K fee, but I did have questions in my mind about whether that pricing was competitive for what I was receiving.

As of now, I've not had a reply which includes information about a preferable alternative to my current situation.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, HermosaBeachGuy said:

Thanks for this.... 

I check in here regularly, because I think it's the least I can do for people who go out of the way to respond to a post of mine.  So, I was pretty excited to come on here this morning and see how many new contributions there were.  I got optimistic.   

Sadly, it turns out to be some debate about whether or not I want to drag my 70 year old body onto a bus to save 10K baht...  

But, it's nice to see you get it. 

Let me gist this:

I live in bkk, I'm old af.   I am far from wealthy, but my economic circumstances are such that spending 22K baht annually to never have to interact with immigration besides showing up at CW once a year for about 90 minutes to do the bank verification and the initial meeting with immigration, at which I say absolutely nothing, is no hardship at all.

When I first came back to Thailand after being in covid exile in the US, I selected an agent VERY POORLY.... which resulted in a ton of anxiety and immigration issues as she'd gotten my visa 60 days late, and in another province.  After that experience I found the person/group I work with now, and they have been really quite good.

What prompted me to post this was two things:  1.  The person I'm dealing with either has employees, or others with whom she collaborates, and they seem to be the ones working with me now.. they have been less responsive and are no longer proactive at all... this isn't a massive issue, but it's a bit of a pain for me to have to chase after them to schedule stuff like my 90 day.   2.  As has become the focus of most posts on this thread, I was not burdened by the 22K fee, but I did have questions in my mind about whether that pricing was competitive for what I was receiving.

As of now, I've not had a reply which includes information about a preferable alternative to my current situation.

Yes, I saw that your received comments were getting off topic (happens too often), most of the replies were negative, just making reference towards the amount (22k) which I reckon is fair. 

Agents are a lazy bunch, I've never heard of an agent coming to you, but for a fee I'm sure they will. Good luck with your search, I'm sure one of the members here can help. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

9 hours ago, bradiston said:

So let him move to Pattaya! Only kidding. But if he's looking for easy visa....

Seems to me some members are missing the point. The poster has NOT mentioned why he wants agent recommendations.

Some members are instantly assuming why. Slow down folks. 

• Confused 1

On 8/11/2024 at 9:16 AM, zzzzz said:

wow, ur being ripped off royally
friend of mine , had the 800,000 in the bank but had a bad experience with immigration in Phuket and has refused to ever go back there
Paid an agent 10,000/year to do his yearly extension for him ( 90 day reports as well) 
ask around ur immigration

sorry but, there is literally nothing of use or value about this post.. so now you've wasted your time writing it, and now I've wasted my time reading it and replying.. . nothing better to do with your life?