UK Thai embassy issues warning amid anti-immigration protests

6 minutes ago, Pickwick said:

No, as I wrote above the figure of £36,000,000,000 is the total of unpaid tax not received by HMRC (in 2022) - through evasion, errors and other criminal attacks (I don't know what 'criminal attacks' means here, this is HMRC's wording).

The largest percentage of this unpaid tax (by far) is from small businesses, which is where my confusion came from. I apologise for the confusion and I'm glad you have pointed it out.

Nevertheless, that the amount of £36,000,000,000 is 'lost' to HMRC is true and correct. And the point of that big number was to use it as context to other big numbers being talked about.

It is true that the UK spends £8 million a day housing asylum seekers. It is also true that this is 0.25% of the UK's daily spend (link below).

I appreciate some people may feel that spending 0.25% of our daily budget is too much, but it is clearly not the main reason for the UK's financial problems.

(Calculated as a daily percentage of the government's yearly spend of £1200 billion see here: https://ifs.org.uk/taxlab/taxlab-key-questions/what-does-government-spend-money#:~:text=The government spends huge amounts,to around 45% of GDP)

The UK Government have just announced to cut the winter fuel bonus for pensioners , some will probably freeze o death this winter 

4 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

The UK Government have just announced to cut the winter fuel bonus for pensioners , some will probably freeze o death this winter 

True, which might beg other questions like where's the other 99.75% of the money going, or why do politicians award themselves such generous pay increases consistently that they don't need to worry about electric bills etc.

4 minutes ago, Pickwick said:

True, which might beg other questions like where's the other 99.75% of the money going, or why do politicians award themselves such generous pay increases consistently that they don't need to worry about electric bills etc.

The UK spends 3 Billion Pounds per year on Asylum seekers , whist at the same people cutting pensioners heating  benefits 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

The UK spends 3 Billion Pounds per year on Asylum seekers , whist at the same people cutting pensioners heating  benefits 

True, which might beg other questions like where's the other £ 1197 billion pounds going, or why do politicians award themselves such generous pay increases consistently that they don't need to worry about electric bills etc.

2 minutes ago, Pickwick said:

True, which might beg other questions like where's the other £ 1197 billion pounds going, or why do politicians award themselves such generous pay increases consistently that they don't need to worry about electric bills etc.

Do you really need me to tell you what the UK Government spends its money on ?

Don't you know ?

NHS , Schools, Army, Jails , Police , foreign AID

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Do you really need me to tell you what the UK Government spends its money on ?

Don't you know ?

NHS , Schools, Army, Jails , Police , foreign AID

Thank you for telling me Nick.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, jayboy said:

The vast majority was perfectly legal.You didn't like immigrants to the UK so you decided to be an immigrant somewhere else.Hypocrisy is off the scales.

The hypocrisy would be more marked, and certainly more remarkable, if the UK, or even western, expatriate community (we're not immigrants) was: running at 10%+ of the population, had set up, effectively, ghettoes within the major cities, was being massively reinforced by many thousands of undocumented young men, claiming to be seeking asylum yet destroying their identity documents prior to arrival, and being supported and housed at public expense; if these communities were agitating for their own legal system based upon entirely alien religious practices, if these communities had in the last generation given rise to terrorists who had bombed tube trains, buses and concerts, carried out many more individual terrorist attacks, and had repeatedly failed, as communities, to either act against or even hinder the perpetrators of these hostile acts, aimed at forcing change upon the society into which they had moved, legally or illegally.

If that were the case then the accusation of hypocrisy would mean something. It is manifestly not, so it is a ludicrous allegation.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

The reality in this day and age you cannot stop illegal, or legal immigration easily. And remember their were approximately one million migrants last year, of which only 52,000 were illegal (0.5%). 

All you can do is make it less attractive. I would -

1. Make illegal entry a crime (it actually already is) and fine everyone 5,000 GBP

2. Make them pay for any accommodation provided.

3. Pay the NHS surcharge.

4. Limit other financial support.

Obviously most cannot pay, but that debt is held by the government, and like student loans, will be deducted from pay packets until paid off. Anyone who doesn't make repayments for a year (without good reason) will be placed in a labour battalion until they find a job.

When they have paid off their debts, they can apply for citizenship and entitlement to usual benefits.

Legal migration is also an issue. Yes some people are needed, but many game the system, with fake qualifications and help from UK based family. My son told me about one dubious case - in his small rural Hampshire town, a Greg's bakery opened - but staffed entirely by Indians with poor English. What visa are they on?

Finally, what also has caused friction? Population. It was 56 million in 1972, and took over 30 years to reach 60 million. it has taken less than 20 years to add another 8 million. Housing is in short supply;  infrastructure and the environment are under pressure. No more population growth - please.

I've said it before I will repeat it. Starmer or two Tier Kear as we call him now has put into Operation Scatter. This in to free up Hotels and hostels used for Immigrants. These will be housed all free in your Neighborhood bringing there own way of life with them. So these members posting remarks about racism  bear in mind you could be there new neighbors.

• Confused 1

On 8/9/2024 at 6:38 AM, hotchilli said:

I came to Thailand in 2008, I could see the writing on the wall then... an Island nation that couldn't or wouldn't stop the illegal immigration.. I made the right decision.

Same here. I left in 2006.

The only consolation is that the idiots who just voted for Labour are going to be the same ones who can no longer afford to buy houses, get a doctors appointment or send their kids to a decent school. 

I am grateful to have experienced the 70s 80s and 90s Britain before it was ruined by immigration.

I am also extremely grateful to be able to live in Thailand away from the wokeists and liberalism that is destroying the West.

• Haha 2

I agree with all what you say jonnyf. Farage knows what's happened he told us and his team in the Reform party know now there trying to silence him because he wont take the lies and BS the labour party are doing to the Country.

• Confused 1

Turns out most of these rioters were drunks just as the pubs were closing, looking for a scrap.In fact some didn't even know what it was about.

As for Tommy Robinson, his real name is Stephen, which I suppose is not hard enough.

Do agree though they have to do something about these boats.The French could do more,

On 8/9/2024 at 3:18 AM, DonniePeverley said:

The racism from Brits is astonishing. In my opinion it's down to a massive lack of investment in education of their population, resulting in them holding such rancid views, and being easily manipulated. 

absolutely - anyone using the term "illegal immigrant" has shown themselves to be so ignorant as not to be able to form a proper opinion. They are fodder for the far right, though.

Edited by kwilco
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

I've said it before I will repeat it. Starmer or two Tier Kear as we call him now has put into Operation Scatter. This in to free up Hotels and hostels used for Immigrants. These will be housed all free in your Neighborhood bringing there own way of life with them. So these members posting remarks about racism  bear in mind you could be there new neighbors.

this is pure 100% racism - and argument so old it has no start date - but a clarion of the far right.Why do these people also argument they aren't racist or nazis when espoousing the basics of all right wing ideology and propaganda?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Same here. I left in 2006.

The only consolation is that the idiots who just voted for Labour are going to be the same ones who can no longer afford to buy houses, get a doctors appointment or send their kids to a decent school. 

I am grateful to have experienced the 70s 80s and 90s Britain before it was ruined by immigration.

I am also extremely grateful to be able to live in Thailand away from the wokeists and liberalism that is destroying the West.

Ditto

On 8/9/2024 at 7:53 PM, Mr Meeseeks said:

If you believe that, then you are completely out of touch with a large percentage of the British population and the root causes of these 'protests'. 

Islam is a clear and present danger to the way of life in the UK and is spreading like a cancer through English cities as Muslim birth rates outnumber those of the indigenous natives.

It is a dangerous ideology that MUST be open to criticism. Banning criticism of a fanatical religion is pure insanity. 

Precisely.  Islamophobia is the irrational fear of Islam.  I don't see anything irrational in being deeply concerned about the Islamic takeover of what is, fundamentally, a Christian nation.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JonnyF said:

who can no longer afford to buy houses, get a doctors appointment or send their kids to a decent school.

A situation created by the single issue Brexit Tories.

Edited by kwilco

On 8/9/2024 at 10:04 AM, Andrew65 said:

One of the first things that Labour have done is take pensioners heating allowance off them, and that's something that one would expect the Tories ("The Nasty Party") to do, and certainly not the Labour Party. I think it's a long time since Labour have been the party of the white working classes, for whom they were founded.

AARG! THE PLANET'S BURNING — CULL THE COWS AND RUN FROM THE MONKEY POX!

Some argue that a high percentage of illegal migrants are climate refugees. And if they're running from "global warming" they could find themselves freezing to death in the UK, like so many of the poorer pensioners do each year. Yet, everyone keeps banging on about how the earth is on fire. It's not! It's another fear tactic used by the global elite to push yet more draconian laws to control the ant farm (that's us, by the way). But did you know that every year, the cold kills almost ten times as many people as heat? [1][2]

Surely, the British people are right to have serious concerns. I mean, why would anyone welcome so many "undocumented" young men being put up in hotels and hostels across the length and breadth of a green and pleasant land? Who are they? Where do they really come from? And…. why are they really here?

I think what we're seeing is just the start of the anti (Illegal) immigration protests. Let's just hope that the next wave of demonstrations pass off peacefully.

1. https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/interactive/2023/hot-cold-extreme-temperature-deaths/

2. https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanplh/article/PIIS2542-5196(21)00081-4/fulltext

cold.png

• Confused 1

On 8/9/2024 at 4:33 PM, Pickwick said:

I have no problem if you think that's too many, but not sure what you base your opinion on. The vast majority of the 10.3 million you mention work and pay taxes, own their own homes or rent privately; or are students paying high premium to UK universities; or are spouses of British citizens. Asylum seekers make up 1.7% of this number and all other refugees/stateless people (including Ukrainians etc) make up a further 2.3% (of the 10.3 million).

Very few people are of the extremist view that there should be some kind of open door policy on immigration, but most are aware the UK would be in real trouble without continued (and controlled) migration, as the population ages and the work force shrinks. Unless of course you want to go down the Singaporean route and encourage people to never retire - abolishing the State Pension would save some money. I would imagine such a scenario would not be popular though, even with the mindless thugs who were rioting.

Legal migrants pay the NHS surcharge to access the NHS should they fall ill (and those on work visas obviously pay taxes too).

We have a housing-crisis, the NHS is in crisis, surely adding 10+ million people to the population hasn't helped matters?

9 hours ago, Stubby said:

AARG! THE PLANET'S BURNING — CULL THE COWS AND RUN FROM THE MONKEY POX!

Some argue that a high percentage of illegal migrants are climate refugees. And if they're running from "global warming" they could find themselves freezing to death in the UK, like so many of the poorer pensioners do each year. Yet, everyone keeps banging on about how the earth is on fire. It's not! It's another fear tactic used by the global elite to push yet more draconian laws to control the ant farm (that's us, by the way). But did you know that every year, the cold kills almost ten times as many people as heat? [1][2]

Surely, the British people are right to have serious concerns. I mean, why would anyone welcome so many "undocumented" young men being put up in hotels and hostels across the length and breadth of a green and pleasant land? Who are they? Where do they really come from? And…. why are they really here?

I think what we're seeing is just the start of the anti (Illegal) immigration protests. Let's just hope that the next wave of demonstrations pass off peacefully.

1. https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/interactive/2023/hot-cold-extreme-temperature-deaths/

2. https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanplh/article/PIIS2542-5196(21)00081-4/fulltext

cold.png

Just yesterday 800+ arrived.

On 8/9/2024 at 11:08 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

Lied about the 20b debt deficit (which they knew about prior to the election)

They will have to raise taxes (see above. They promised not to do this in their manifesto, another lie).

No plan to stop uncontrolled illegal immigration. It will be 'normalised' under their watch.

Pie-in-the-sky plans to build 1.5m homes which is impossible (illegal immigrants to be prioritised over natives).

Moving illegal immigrants into small communities and out of holding facilities such as the Bibby Stockholm.

Scrapping the only deterrent to illegal immigration (Rwandan resettlement).

Five weeks into their stint and they have lost control of the inner cities. There are riots and protests on a daily basis. These will continue and possibly get worse.

Pensioners heating allowance removed.

Kangaroo courts operating 24hrs targetting a single demographic of the population.

Two tier policing of indigenous natives and minorities, as demonstrated and now admitted by former Police chiefs.

Labour MPs being arrested for threatening to cut the throats of protestors they disagree with.

Anti-Semitism out of control. 

Rape, knife crime and other crime out of control in minority communities.

Minority gangs roaming the streets armed with machetes, swords and knives unable to be dealt with by the Police.

Arresting people for comments they don't like on social media. 

Threatening to ban social media platforms because they have lost control of the narrative.

Plans to criminalise 'Islamophobia' if anyone criticises the Third-World cult and calls it what it really is.

Welcome to Great Britain 2024. 

Britain has a £2.7 TRILLION national debt (annual interest on that is around £80 billion). Money that we've spent that we don't have. How is importing more poor people going to help that situation?