Thai PM Srettha Axed Over Controversial Cabinet Appointment

3 hours ago, Purdey said:

I can't see the Pheu Thai (and Thaksin) allowing Anutin to take the reigns but, really, who is qualified?

You need to be qualified? Surely a commission in the army and immense wealth is sufficient.

5 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Coalition partners have selected Pheu Thai's PM candidate, Chaikasem Nitisiri, for the Prime Minister nomination following their meeting at former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra's mansion, according to reports.

https://x.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1823705492788797578

That,s all well and good  BUT do they have the numbers

1 hour ago, UWEB said:

Seems to be, you don't even know where you are talking about as you can't remember as you said.

Here's the thing. I don't care about what you think. I know what the proposals mentioned. You're the one in for a surprise. Not my problem.

3 hours ago, jippytum said:

He was just a puppet for Thaksin who wanted his crooked lawyer in the cabinet. Big mistake. 

Hope it gives a chance to move forward MP's. 

They never learn. After all Pheu Thai have been through with Tony and Yingluck, appointing someone with a criminal record was a foolish endeavour.

They get to govern by dint of MFP being sidelined, and still mess it up. They just can't help themselves. 

Ethics.

Not a word that most politicians in Thailand (or the Constitutional Court, for that matter) should use. Or even know the meaning of. 

Edited by rudi49jr
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BE88 said:

Now my curiosity is increased by the decision of the court on the 19th for Thaksin???

Just when you doubt it, it turns out you can build a better mouse trap.

1 minute ago, BE88 said:

Now my curiosity is increased by the decision of the court on the 19th for Thaksin???

Hope you realize its a different court for Thaksin,  It is NOT the constitution court but the criminal court

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Still no specifics. Yes, he presided over very dumb visa policy and allowed the Bratva and Triads to enter and stay. Perhaps the power brokers don't want the competition? 

Maybe these specifics. Tax remittances. Worldwide income tax. Foreign condo ownership. Digital wallet pouring money into CP's pockets.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Well there's no doubt that he deserved to be dismissed, he was certainly the do-nothing PM. H

THat's got nothing to do with why he was dismissed!

4 hours ago, Crossy said:

The boys are shining them up as we speak!

Got to have nice clean tanks for the world's press to photograph.

I live in Lopburi province, Lopburi has a big military base, home to the artillery regiment, their practice ground is 40km from us, for the past 4 days they have been out with the big guns on the practice range, we can hear them where we are.

I have been saying Ob-Long-Batie-Watt in Thai, or practicing for a coup, that brings up a smile on the Thai's.

"A new government must now be formed, and the ruling Pheu Thai-led coalition will nominate a new candidate for prime minister, which will be voted on by the 500-seat parliament." -CNN

WOO HOO!  Hi-ho the derrio! The Wicked Witch is DEAD! 😁

52 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Coalition partners have selected Pheu Thai's PM candidate, Chaikasem Nitisiri, for the Prime Minister nomination following their meeting at former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra's mansion, according to reports.

https://x.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1823705492788797578

Isn't this guy one foot in the grave already?

Weekend at Bernie's?

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

Here's the thing. I don't care about what you think. I know what the proposals mentioned. You're the one in for a surprise. Not my problem.

That's nice, I'm anyway not interested in what you think about me. But there will not be any surprise for me , at first at all there are no changes, and second I don't even have a Retirement extension.

Edited by UWEB