Thaksin Tells Pheu Thai to Abandon Digital Wallet Plan

Just now, lordgrinz said:

A positive aspect of that would be the inevitable increase in highly educated people who would stop voting for corrupt dinosaurs.

This will take a longer time than yours and mines lifetime put together.........:whistling:

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Mason45 said:

Let's be serious and not think like gullible Thais. Was this 10,000 baht hand out ever going to happen? I told my missus to believe it when you receive it.

Well, the "1 million baht for every village" partly manifested as contracts for concreting and tarmacing of muu baan roads.

16 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

Yup, I told my wife that after MFP was kicked to the curb. I told her if they won, we might have seen some positive changes in our lifetime (10-20yrs), because obviously nothing was going to drastically change overnight. But with the way things are right now? There isn't a chance in Hell of things getting better for maybe 30 years or more, it's almost hopeless. Unless the Thai people rise up and throw out the dictators and Elites, they will be stuck with their fate.

"Thai people rise up" Never happen !!!!!!

• Sad 2

The "peasants" (the poorest demographic in the country) will vote for whoever pays them the most.

That's how Thaksin got into power in the first place. It was widely "rumoured" that the "poor people" in the rural areas were told they'd get 100 baht if they voted for him.

Gee, take a guess who won the election in a landslide ?

And remember the "30 baht healthcare" scam ? People flocked to him because they thought they were getting "healthcare" for 30 baht when all they really got was being able to wait in huge lines, to see overworked doctors that graduated at the bottom of their classes, who would give them a diagnosis or prescription.
And that was it.

(A lot of Thais I talked to said it was easier, cheaper and quicker to just go to the pharmacy like they'd been doing before.)

But those two things got Thaksin the support of the "red shirts" who were mostly made up of the poorest, least educated segment of society.

Despite Thaksin himself being a HiSo member of society like most of the top "yellow shirt" supporters.

So you can imagine that whoever offers that "demographic" the best deal will get most of the votes, regardless if it's a criminal who fled the country to avoid going to prison, or the criminal's sister who fled the country to avoid going to prison, or the criminal's daughter who will no doubt do exactly what her father tells her to do.

• Agree 2