Experience with a Ret. Visa from Jomtien but moving to another province

I am doing both my 90 days reports and VISA yearly renewal at the Thai Immigration Division 1, in the Government Complex in Chaeng Wattana, Bangkok. 

I only used a private agency when I applied for the retirement VISA for the first time. I handled everything else by myself after that. I often cannot do the 90 days report online but must do it in person at the Immigration office (as a rule, the first 90 days report, after re-entering the Kingdom from any trip overseas, cannot be done online but only in person).

I can only praise the Thai Immigration personnel for their helpfulness, kindness and efficiency.

Edited by AndreasHG
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AndreasHG said:

. I often cannot do the 90 days report online but must do it in person at the Immigration office (the first 90 days report, after re-entering the Kingdom from a trip overseas, cannot be done online but only in person).

You can do the TM47 via mail 15 days prior to due date. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Nip said:

I forward my Visa agent B600 and within a few hours he sends me a photo of my 90 day extension which I print out and stick in my passport. Takes about two minutes. 

Never heard of a 90 day extension, do you mean a 90 day report? In which case my Agent does it for 100B (Jomtien IO). 

Your agent doesnt have any pull outside of Jomtien reason she told you go back. Pull means he/she paid off IO for your extension at Jomtien.

Using agent get a new one where ever you plan to go.🤑

Edited by thailand49

19 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Using agent get a new one where ever you plan to go

Might be more convenient however certainly more (much) expensive than extensions via agent in Pattaya.

Many folks eg live in Bangkok and use a Pattaya agent for extensions. 

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Your agent doesnt have any pull outside of Jomtien reason she told you go back. Pull means he/she paid off IO for your extension at Jomtien.

Using agent get a new one where ever you plan to go.🤑

I knew of an 'agent' who was on KC you had to go with him to Jomtian, but could do 90 day reports on KC. Of course all agents "pay off IO". 

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Might be more convenient however certainly more (much) that extensions via agent in Pattaya.

Many folks eg live in Bangkok and use a Pattaya agent for extensions. 

I had a buddy who used an agent in Pattaya, live in Bangkok too, when he moved to Khon K, register a new TM30, he was knock back. Wife had to look for a new agent up at new location.

59 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

I had a buddy who used an agent in Pattaya, live in Bangkok too, when he moved to Khon K, register a new TM30, he was knock back. Wife had to look for a new agent up at new location.

many i know here in Phuket use an agent (S)  in phuket
Extensions ( this year) issued in Kamphaengphet
redo TM 30 for phuket
do 90 day reports in Phuket ( online not allowed)

No problem, 
FYI:
no problem shopping around and changing agents if you a find a better deal 

Edited by zzzzz
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/20/2024 at 6:31 AM, bigt3116 said:

Guessing you don't have the money in the bank? If so, you are pretty well stuck with the agency you are currently with, wherever you choose to live.

My friend lived in BK and used an agent in BK to get a visa ext from Jomtien. He later moved to Jomtien and started using an agent from Pattaya. Does his 90 days too. 

On 8/20/2024 at 2:45 AM, brianthainess said:

I knew of an 'agent' who was on KC you had to go with him to Jomtian, but could do 90 day reports on KC. Of course all agents "pay off IO". 

What is KC?

I now live in Chiang Mai. My extension needs to be renewed every March. Perfect timing... I'll spend smokey season.. March and April in Jomtien.. then return to Chiang Mai. Nothing wrong with this. 

17 hours ago, brianthainess said:

KOH CHANG TRAT 23170 THAILAND........

Thank you for your clarification.

I'm sure not only I but also other readers will appreciate it if the names of immigration offices are written in full, not in two-letter acronyms or abbreviations.

4 hours ago, Maestro said:

Thank you for your clarification.

I'm sure not only I but also other readers will appreciate it if the names of immigration offices are written in full, not in two-letter acronyms or abbreviations.

The main immigration office is on the mainland  in Laem Ngob  TRAT.  

Koh Chang has a sub office for 90 day reports. 

On 8/19/2024 at 3:40 PM, Nip said:

I forward my Visa agent B600 and within a few hours he sends me a photo of my 90 day extension which I print out and stick in my passport. Takes about two minutes. 

And you're absolutely certain that it's a photo of a genuine 90-day notification/stamp issued by your local immigration office and not one produced by an expert in forgery, are you?

21 hours ago, OJAS said:

And you're absolutely certain that it's a photo of a genuine 90-day notification/stamp issued by your local immigration office and not one produced by an expert in forgery, are you?

Yes 100% sure.