Anyone else tired of being followed around malls?

1724513382129.jpg.cf7c7b6f2799caf1e136e7a4f4da524f.jpg1724513287221.jpg.8813f5fb206ff2b944e9f5ab46548724.jpg1724513378011.jpg.e6f5e9eac8ab5b7ad1f6e04bd5eb019c.jpg

I went Robinsons yesterday and was looking at the stalls.  A little insect-like man in a uniform sideways walked up to me and took a photo of me.  The stall had piles of cheap plastic crap on it.  Plastic bracelets, kids toys, soft toys, plastic lizards.  For some reason he though he was about to foil a heist.

How about you?  Do you get followed by security in Thailand.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Why didn’t you just ask him for his line I’d? Obviously he has a thing for you. But to answer your question, no never in TH. But had a few lurkers in China.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chris Daley said:

1724513382129.jpg.cf7c7b6f2799caf1e136e7a4f4da524f.jpg1724513287221.jpg.8813f5fb206ff2b944e9f5ab46548724.jpg1724513378011.jpg.e6f5e9eac8ab5b7ad1f6e04bd5eb019c.jpg

I went Robinsons yesterday and was looking at the stalls.  A little insect-like man in a uniform sideways walked up to me and took a photo of me.  The stall had piles of cheap plastic crap on it.  Plastic bracelets, kids toys, soft toys, plastic lizards.  For some reason he though he was about to foil a heist.

I get harassed by security if I park the motorcycle in a car parking spot at some large stores. 

I do that as the motorcycle parking is often a long walk and that is annoying as it is really for the employees .

It's as though you are a second class customer arriving on two wheels.

• Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

No.

Next?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

Anyone else tired of being followed around malls?

Do you get followed by security in Thailand

It does not surprise me with all the deadbeat, scumbag foreigners coming to Thailand these days. 

Blame the badly behaved foreigner for your lack of freedom. 

I remember when we were given Royal treatment but now they keep a close eye on us.

The Thai's aren't stupid, they see too many bad foreigners. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

It is the draconian philosophy of some security companies here.  They instruct their personnel to take photos of everything.

They do seem to fixate on older white foreigners.  Do they have a history of catching these people stealing, or is it racism? 

6 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

No.

I do not get followed by security.

Just uni girls, mostly, in their tight black skirts and white blouses with the silver ornaments dangling from the pockets over their breast.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, stoner said:

harassed ?

you mean the security guy is doing the job he is paid to do by stopping entitled a holes like you from parking where you are not supposed to. 

Thank you for your compliment.

You are correct about the security employee doing his work as instructed by his employers. 

His employers need to consider there positioning of the parking of motorcycles. 

1 minute ago, itsari said:

Thank you for your compliment.

You are correct about the security employee doing his work as instructed by his employers. 

His employers need to consider there positioning of the parking of motorcycles. 

they have. that's why the bike section is a little further away. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Just uni girls, mostly, in their tight black skirts and white blouses with the silver ornaments dangling from the pockets over their breast.

... and then you wake up.

• Haha 2

I tend not to pay any attention to other people while shopping as I'm busy doing what I'm there for, so I have no idea if they follow me around or not and I don't care one way or the other.

All they will see is a very good customer who spends way too much money and buys multiples of every item so I don't need to come back very often.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/25/2024 at 9:58 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

No.

You dreamer you. You just happen to be going in the same direction.

Ah, the top floor of MBK is a lustful man's wet dream paradise.

If I were a professor at the university I doubt I'd be doing much teaching as I'd be distracted too much.

My 8 year Thai GF eventually left the bar to go back to school in Buriram and I asked her if she wore a uniform like them, and she said she'd be expelled if she did.

On 8/25/2024 at 9:52 AM, bkk6060 said:

It is the draconian philosophy of some security companies here.  They instruct their personnel to take photos of everything.

They do seem to fixate on older white foreigners.  Do they have a history of catching these people stealing, or is it racism? 

Perhaps they are looking for a sugar daddy.

I think it's the OP's problem. Never happened to me. Perhaps he looks suspicious.

Security work in a shopping mall must be purgatory.....talk about time passes more slowly for people in shops.

He is probably doing it to stave off the urge to self-harm.

On 8/25/2024 at 2:30 AM, NanLaew said:

No.

Next?

What I find happens - occasionally thankfully - is that when I go to a (say) Big C Superstore for example, where there are wide isles and in general very-well laid out stores, is I will end up near someone wheeling a trolly and I seem to keep bumping into the same person/persons over and over again. There are a couple of possible explanations for this, one of which entails me being out of my mind.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, safarimike11 said:

What I find happens - occasionally thankfully - is that when I go to a (say) Big C Superstore for example, where there are wide isles and in general very-well laid out stores, is I will end up near someone wheeling a trolly and I seem to keep bumping into the same person/persons over and over again. There are a couple of possible explanations for this, one of which entails me being out of my mind.

How long do you spend pushing YOUR cart around at Big C? I pretty much have the short-list in my head (or more often written on a Post-It), and knowing what I want and where it is, I am in and out fast.

I also limit Big C excursions to mid-morning, Mon-Fri as where I live, weekends tend to be full of hillbillies and their brood schlepping around, elbows on an empty cart, lapping up the air conditioning (and bumping into people). Also, going in too early gets you in amongst the old farangs whose pension check has just dropped, filling up on Cornflakes and whatever's on the yellow-label, near-expiration date stand, giving you the stink-eye.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/25/2024 at 4:21 AM, SAFETY FIRST said:

Blame the badly behaved foreigner for your lack of freedom.

Why not blame the Thais who are being racist, given the actual very low number of issues there are with foreigners in Thailand?

There's literally zero logical reason to think that a random foreigner in your store is there to steal, simply because they are foreign.

And yes, if someone believes that seeing an occasional "drunken foreigner does something stupid" article means it's ok to assume that all foreigners are thieves, they're probably a racist too.

• Thumbs Up 1