Sleepwalking Man Falls from 5th Floor to His Death

Georgealbert

IMG_4815.png

Picture showing the damaged roof area, where the body was found.

August 25, a machinist tragically fell to his death from the fifth floor of a building while sleepwalking, a habit he was known to have. The incident occurred in Phra Nakhon, Bangkok.

The 25-year-old machinist (name withheld) was known to frequently sleepwalk, according to his relatives. On the night of the incident, he fell from the fifth floor of a five-story commercial building where he lived with two other residents. His lifeless body was found draped over a first floor roof below. The building lacked window guards, and the victim's bedroom on the fifth floor had an unsecured window and door.

The incident took place in the jurisdiction of Phra Ratchawang Police Station. Police reported that the victim lived on the top floor, and one of his two co-residents, a relative, confirmed that the young man had a history of sleepwalking.

The victim had been employed at the local machine shop for over two years. His employer shared with reporters that the young man often mentioned his sleepwalking episodes, including waking up in the bathroom on lower floors despite going to bed on the fifth floor.His employer described him as a cheerful, lively individual who was free of any significant stress or personal issues. However, his frequent sleepwalking had been a concern, and the employer had repeatedly advised him to be cautious. Tragically, this habit led to the fatal fall.

A nearby drink vendor also recalled the victim as a friendly and outgoing person who was usually seen accompanied by a close friend. They often visited the vendor's stall together, and the victim had always appeared in good spirits. The vendor expressed shock at the sudden and unexpected accident, extending condolences to the deceased's family.

The police have taken the victim's close friend in for questioning as part of the ongoing investigation into the cause of death.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-08-26

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, Wiggy said:

It might have been prudent to live on the ground floor. 

Yeah, or at least fix bars for window and more secure locks for doors

Edited by Gottfrid

oh dear Georgealbert,   this is very sad news as he was only 25yrs old ....  he had his whole life ahead of him. 

Sadly,  it's been taken away at the blink of an eye.  

he should have been chained to his bed until morning .... 

RIP 

poor machinist 

3 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

With respect, he may then have "sleep walked" out into the street and been killed in a road accident.

I did that when I was about eight years old. Only known incident of me slipping walking. I’ve always been curious about what things happened during the unknown sleep walking incidents 

• Thanks 1

i did it out of my bedroom window a few years back and dislocated my shoulder.... i was in agony.  luckily i live on the ground floor, but still hit the ground like a sack of spuds and woke up in the garden wondering what the ....

I hope the cops at least investigate the co-resident relatives.  It's about as likely that they pushed him out of the window, then blamed it on sleep walking.  Shouldn't be too hard to confirm or deny that he actually did have a problem, by asking other relatives who had an alibi.

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, Wiggy said:
14 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

while sleepwalking, a habit he was known to have

It might have been prudent to live on the ground floor. 

Easy enough for him to walk to a higher floor...he was a sleepwalker.