Washing machine repair - where there is a will there's a way.

Excellent - perhaps things from this aspect of customer service in Thailand are improving. 

I had a similar interaction with Electrolux - figuring our drier (10y old) was on its last legs.

After a little pushing, discussion and finally getting through to the 'right people'... they came out with the promise that if they could fix it they would, if they couldn't, it'd just be a call out charge - They fixed it, costs were relatively cheap... 

I think the next time it 'goes' we'll just get a next one and I'm inclined to go with the same brand. 

As this is 'not a name and shame' but a positive outcome - who is the manufacturer that provided you with good service (in the end).

• Like 1

We replace wife's mums machine(dual tub) every 3 years or so as it get approx. 4 to 5 hours solid work each and every day.

LG 16kg and same model each time.

Seems a good design so why change it.

Flog off the old one for next to nothing to a relative( plenty in line) and away we go again.

Also seem when it comes to change, one of the electrical retailers or other will have it with a saving of around 2000baht so just over 7,000baht.

There are other top loaders there (same brand) which go out on a 10 year basis but no where near the work load.

During their life span maybe a couple of nylon clutches and that's about it.

Simple as to work on, no pumps just drain valve.

Worst case there is when others do not put smalls in a bag and they get wrapped under the agitator/pulsator.

16kg LG.jpg

• Agree 2

26 minutes ago, bluejets said:

We replace wife's mums machine(dual tub) every 3 years or so as it get approx. 4 to 5 hours solid work each and every day.

LG 16kg and same model each time.

Seems a good design so why change it.

Flog off the old one for next to nothing to a relative( plenty in line) and away we go again.

Also seem when it comes to change, one of the electrical retailers or other will have it with a saving of around 2000baht so just over 7,000baht.

There are other top loaders there (same brand) which go out on a 10 year basis but no where near the work load.

During their life span maybe a couple of nylon clutches and that's about it.

Simple as to work on, no pumps just drain valve.

Worst case there is when others do not put smalls in a bag and they get wrapped under the agitator/pulsator.

16kg LG.jpg

That's similar to what we use, Haier 7.5kg  about 3.5K Delivered and Checked working. The last one lasted about 7 years, the only thing that I had to replace was those straps that operate the drain valve, but eventually the motor packed up. Spares are available on Lazada. 

Nice story... had many good experiences like that. Was gonna say the balancing was likely off. Having worked alongside some of them, Thai engineers can be really switched on.

Regards machine, all for keeping things going, but would dump it next time. Was a Zanussi lover until had direct drive LGs. Super quiet and reliable. The things have an alarm when finished or you wouldn't know!

More than 15 years ago, I bought a small TOSHIBA 6.5kg top load automatic washer. B5999.

Probably 4 or 5 loads a week. In those 15 years, one B500 repair. I finally had to replace it a few months ago, not because anything wrong mechanically but the plastic control panel on the top had deteriorated from direct sunlight on the balcony and was becoming unusable.  I replaced it with the updated but nearly identical TOSHIBA model, still B5999.