New Rule Lets Convicts Serve Sentences Outside Thai Prisons

31 minutes ago, webfact said:

Thailand's Justice Minister Tawee Sodsong justified a new regulation that allows convicts to be held outside traditional prison facilities.

Thought this was already in place for when Thaksin returned......oh wait....is this for his sister??

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Just make sure that everybody who was convicted to prison serves at least half the time from the conviction in an actual prison - not in a hospital.

And if there is any possibility that the convicted criminals will repeat their crimes, then make sure they stay in prison.

And move people with minor drug offences to rehabilitation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

Well it looks like Tony was a early adopter of this new program......

Is a helicopter ride to a 5 star residence included?

Only in his case considering his ailments.

I recall reading years ago. That there was a request to the current government to build more prisons. I remember simply because their response to it shocked me. They had made the claim that if they build more prisons it would mean an admission that there are more crimes now. They rejected the idea to make more prisons based on this. It seems now that rather than build more prisons, letting  the prisoner free early to serve time outside a prison giving them the opportunity to commit even more crimes is better than making more prisons. Already Thailand prisons are way overcrowded. So why are they not making plans even now to make more prisons? 

This has to be for YL. So when she comes she can sleep a night at the prison and then get released to do her prison sentence at home. 

I've got an idea Somchai   !     how about we build another 100 prisons because with all the criminals, murderers , rapists and scumbags getting arrested here your going to fill those in no time.