Can somebody please explain this to me..

4 hours ago, bob smith said:

.. what is the deal with thai men?

why are they so reluctant to form a friendship with farangs?

99% of the thai men that I meet seem to have some kind of social barrier when it comes to farang men...

Seems to be a you thing, I have many Thai friends (male and female).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, simon43 said:

This is very true.  When I go to a Thai restaurant and speak in Thai, then I can't stop the Thai men chatting away with me. To be honest, I have never had a problem with unfriendly/shy Thai males, so long as they are speaking in Thai to me.  I think any person, Thai or not, male or female, will always be more confident to chat in their mother tongue.

Bob speaks Thai very well,according to himself.

I think he is just trying to ask where he can find gay Thai men,maybe the postman

found some one else.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

What's all this 'real players' bull5h1t? I live in a village and get on with everyone.

Not with hot women in the city obviously. Cause you know, you live in a village...

• Sad 3

5 hours ago, bob smith said:

99% of the thai men that I meet seem to have some kind of social barrier when it comes to farang men...

what are the reasons for this?

I find it very perplexing..

Are they scared of us?

Intimidated by us?

think they are bigger/better than us?

or do they just not like us??

I know that some people may have thai male friends but after many years living here i have precisely zero thai male friends.

I have many lady friends. and if it all comes down purely to 'cultural differences', then why are the women much more open to talking to/befriending western men?

This I find very strange indeed.

bob.

Agreed. After many years here I think it's insecurity (inferiority complex). Probably due to knowing you have more money or a bigger penis.

Jokes aside, it's very real. If I do get in a group it quickly devolves into whether they can get me to pay for drinks, etc. There's always a weird undercurrent or 'inside joke' thing going on. Less so if it's one on one. Less so the older they are.

Have you tried showing them your penis? When in doubt, whip it out.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Love It 2

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Agreed. After many years here I think it's insecurity (inferiority complex). Probably due to knowing you have more money or a bigger penis.

Jokes aside, it's very real. If I do get in a group it quickly devolves into whether they can get me to pay for drinks, etc. There's always a weird undercurrent or 'inside joke' thing going on. Less so if it's one on one. Less so the older they are.

Have you tried showing them your penis? When in doubt, whip it out.

Finally someone who gets it!

I agree with everything you have said and that has been my experience with hundreds upon hundreds of social encounters with thai men over the years..

I'm glad I'm not the only one!!

bob.

Edited by bob smith
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, bob smith said:

I agree with everything you have said and that has been my experience with hundreds upon hundreds of social encounters with thai men over the years..

bob.

It's pretty obvious. All one needs to do is look around. Do you see mixed groups of guys walking around, eating or drinking together? It's very rare. It would need to be a group from work or something like that. It's not a language barrier, many Thai guys can speak English fairly well. Definately enough to be drinking buddies.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

It's pretty obvious. All one needs to do is look around. Do you see mixed groups of guys walking around, eating or drinking together? It's very rare. It would need to be a group from work or something like that.

I think you summed it up perfectly with the inferiority complex line..

that's what it is!!

bob.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, bob smith said:

are you sure they are really your friends?

how do you know that they aren't slagging you off to their real friends as soon as your back is turned?

and the fact that you can't speak thai is a huge red flag.

oh to be a fly on the wall when you aren't in the room....

bob.

This shows your character Bob. So no wonder you have no friends.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

what are the reasons for this?

I find it very perplexing..

Are they scared of us?

Intimidated by us?

think they are bigger/better than us?

or do they just not like us??

I know that some people may have thai male friends but after many years living here i have precisely zero thai male friends.

I have many lady friends. and if it all comes down purely to 'cultural differences', then why are the women much more open to talking to/befriending western men?

This I find very strange indeed.

bob.

Possibles: Language barrier, education, cultural differences, racism or no desire to mix, not needing foreign friends as they have enough Thai ones, too busy trying to make a living, and the old one, doesn't trust the foreigner around the wife.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, phetphet said:

doesn't trust the foreigner around the wife.

this one I can relate to..

I would bang almost any thai mans wife just for a laugh, day or night!

bob.

Edited by bob smith
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, bob smith said:

bob.

You've got a van full of booze and ladies waiting. Who really cares about Thai men.

• Love It 1

Like I said, everyone's situation is unique.

there are those that have many male thai friends.

for me it seems no matter how social I am they just aren't interested..

bob.

Have you tried Lifebuoy Bob …

Edited by JAS21

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Re truth...

Perhaps you could update your fictional "party time " thread.

No need for confused emoji.

Your ongoing start nonsense threads on a whim.

Granted pub forum.

Just get a grip. At very least post factual rather than fantasy 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Re truth...

Perhaps you could update your fictional "party time " thread.

Is that the thread where he claimed to be fluent in Thai and having quite a few Thai mates?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

I think you summed it up perfectly with the inferiority complex line..

that's what it is!!

bob.

I assume you mean that the local men view foreign men as inferior. That's more like it. 

13 hours ago, Cameroni said:

Not with hot women in the city obviously. Cause you know, you live in a village...

No Cameroni, I have my own hot woman here. Don't need to go searching anymore. 

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Perhaps...

The thread I referenced included ...

"i've got 5 cases of champage, 

10 cases of red wine,

5 bottles of jack daniels,

5 bottles of vodka & about 200 bottles of beer, all in the boot of the motor ready for the off!

we will be fine dining at the hotel from start to finish.

we are also taking 5 girls with us that we have ordered online.

they weren't cheap but my god they are beautiful.

white skinned, big knockers and up for anything..

they are the hi-so type girls that koreans and japanese usually opt for.

Offensive at very least. 

Absolute BS at the least, as usual from Your Uncle.

17 hours ago, Gandtee said:

My biggest regret is not learning the language. It becomes very important when you reach old age.

My biggest regret is not being able to. Despite trying for 30 years and having a wife who teaches it I still have trouble getting the bank to understand how much I want to withdraw, and usually end up writing it down, a conversation is a distant dream.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, proton said:

My biggest regret is not being able to. Despite trying for 30 years and having a wife who teaches it I still have trouble getting the bank to understand how much I want to withdraw, and usually end up writing it down, a conversation is a distant dream.

...you need to up your game pal!

bob.

17 hours ago, Will B Good said:

they maybe be horrified at having their efforts to talk in English mocked.

i don't know anyone who openly mocks someone when they are trying to speak a different language. 

what kind of people are you hanging with....... iiii yaaa 

44 minutes ago, bob smith said:

...you need to up your game pal!

bob.

Too late, be dead soon and don't want to waste any more time on bloody Thai lessons where I cant even duplicate the tones :sleep:

• Agree 1

They are brainwashed zombies waiting for the next war.  Any careless comments could be seen as thought crimes.  They try not to stray too far from the doctrine of Big Brother.

One false move or a Facebook like and you doing a ten stretch.  That's why they appear guarded.  One plus one is three.

20 hours ago, CharlieH said:

In my experience, those Thai males that are fluent in English and have confidence in their ability its never an issue. Those that are not tend to keep very basic sentences and simply don't know how and with the Asian "losing face" embarrassment factor they simple choose not to engage.

I have several Thai male friends in my village, an Abbot, building workers foreman, farmers, and an owner of a construction company. They are not likely to come round for a drink on a Friday night but when we meet they are genuinely pleased to see me and have told me that they regard me as a friend, indeed they have proved this by going out of their way to help me when I needed it. Younger Thai males seem to be reticent, reserved and sometimes surly although the young Thai women are more open and willing to exchange pleasantries.

4 hours ago, stoner said:

i don't know anyone who openly mocks someone when they are trying to speak a different language. 

what kind of people are you hanging with....... iiii yaaa 

What a strange post?.....neither do I know anyone who would openly mock.....but that doesn't remove a Thai persons fear of being mocked.

Is he supposed to think oh wait..... Stoner and Will don't know anyone who would mock me...... so my fears must be baseless.....??? Is that how it works?

• Haha 1