Paetongtarn Shinawatra Faces Political Crisis Over New Legal Challenges

It's impossible to believe any appeals by serial legal troublemakers will affect the Pheu Thai government.

Surely the whole point of allowing Toni back was to enable Pheu Thai to team up with the establishment in opposition to Move Forward?

The last thing the elite wants is Pheu Thai changing sides and siding with what is now the People's Party.

No doubt many of  Toni's opponents over the last twenty years, the generals, senators, etc are grinding their teeth at seeing the deeply flawed puppet master gleefully pulling the strings once again.

Could they really dare to upset the master plan?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

He should not openly meddle in politics. Live and let live and all that.

But Thaksin, not surprisingly, wants it all. And there are just too many people who don't want that.

He just can't handle that,

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Personally, I guess the deal was more like: Thaksin can come back and play with his grandchildren. He should not openly meddle in politics. Live and let live and all that.

But Thaksin, not surprisingly, wants it all. And there are just too many people who don't want that.

IMHO he has two choices.

Behave and go away from politics - at least in public.

Or he will be removed by the courts, election commissions, whatever. He has enough enemies, and I can't imagine that he will get away with what he does now for a long time.

Let's see.

Imo they wouldn't have let him come back unless he could be useful to them, ie oppose Move Forward.

Otherwise why let him back?

2 hours ago, bannork said:

It's impossible to believe any appeals by serial legal troublemakers will affect the Pheu Thai government.

Surely the whole point of allowing Toni back was to enable Pheu Thai to team up with the establishment in opposition to Move Forward?

The last thing the elite wants is Pheu Thai changing sides and siding with what is now the People's Party.

No doubt many of  Toni's opponents over the last twenty years, the generals, senators, etc are grinding their teeth at seeing the deeply flawed puppet master gleefully pulling the strings once again.

Of course no one dares to upset the master plan. Coz it was planned by The Master. 
Very well executed too might I add, HE is proving to be even more savvy than his old man. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Hunz Kittisak said:

Of course no one dares to upset the master plan. Coz it was planned by The Master. 
Very well executed too might I add, HE is proving to be even more savvy than his old man. 

despite looting everything, gone soon and then a whole different ball game, because of the unbelievable wealth involved ( for clarity,  i'm referring to a private citizen)

Edited by paddypower
spell
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Hunz Kittisak said:

Not more savvy, more decisive I would say. 

while i agree with best part of your post it should be pointed out      Thaskin committed Treason,  and i must point out  His Daughter WAS elected PM      PM is NOT Elected by the People  but by the MPs  but apart from theses minor errors good post

• Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The lawsuits claim that Thaksin orchestrated her appointment and that she did not adhere to constitutional and political party laws. These legal actions also call for the dissolution of the Pheu Thai party, the main faction in the current coalition government.

What a mess....

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, bannork said:

Imo they wouldn't have let him come back unless he could be useful to them, ie oppose Move Forward.

Otherwise why let him back?

To be useful... not the master of all.

Has Thaksin over-stepped the mark?

11 hours ago, bannork said:

Who the hell is Toni ????

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

To be useful... not the master of all.

Has Thaksin over-stepped the mark?

But Thais have known Thaksin's character  for decades: his arrogance, hubris and need for acclaim. Above all, the need to dominate. 

Nobody expected him to come home and play with Lego with his grandchildren.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

Who the hell is Toni ????

A derogatory reference to Thaksin Shinawatra who, while in exile in Dubai, assumed the social media nom de guerre of "Tony Woodsome".  

"Thaksin regularly took to the Clubhouse social media platform under the moniker “Tony Woodsome” to address supporters in Thailand while he was in exile."

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/8/22/profile-billionaire-and-former-thai-pm-thaksin-shinawatra

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TheAppletons said:

A derogatory reference to Thaksin Shinawatra who, while in exile in Dubai, assumed the social media nom de guerre of "Tony Woodsome".  

"Thaksin regularly took to the Clubhouse social media platform under the moniker “Tony Woodsome” to address supporters in Thailand while he was in exile."

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/8/22/profile-billionaire-and-former-thai-pm-thaksin-shinawatra

Oh, I see. And you changed the name then from Thaksin to Tony to Toni. Wonderful 🤗. Thanks.

On 9/3/2024 at 12:45 PM, jippytum said:

No  member of the Thaksin family have ever completed a full term in office. 

if Thaksin continues to demonstrate his massive ego on a daily basis hls daughter will fail also. 

You could add that no member of the Thaksin family have ever completed a full term in jail as well. 😆