Motorcycle Cuts in Front of Car, Causing Crash into Tree; Pattaya

Georgealbert

IMG_5842.jpeg

Picture from responders.

In a miraculous escape, a car crash occurred after a motorcycle abruptly cut in front of a Honda Civic, causing the car driver to veer off course and slam into a palm tree and a large road sign. The incident took place at around 02:30 on September 22, near the Khao Talo traffic light junction in Nong Prue, Bang Lamung District, Chonburi.

The Pattaya Sawang Boriboon Rescue Centre responded to the emergency after receiving reports of a white Honda Civic ,license plate Bangkok, that had lost control, overturned, and collided with the median, hitting both a road sign and a large palm tree. The vehicle was heavily damaged, but the driver, Mr. Chayapat Nutchongkham, 36, miraculously survived with only minor injuries. Rescue workers provided first aid before transporting him to the hospital for further evaluation.

Eyewitnesses reported seeing the Honda Civic and a pickup truck driving at high speeds when a motorcycle suddenly crossed in front of the Civic, causing it to lose control and overturn onto the median. Fortunately, the car crashed into the signpost and tree, preventing it from crossing into the opposite lane, where other vehicles were waiting at the traffic light.

Authorities are continuing their investigation into the accident.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-22

news-footer-4.png

image.png

12 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

Eyewitnesses reported seeing the Honda Civic and a pickup truck driving at high speeds

Speed kills yet the offence is ignored by Thai police all over the country.

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've already decided if a dog is causing me to crash I won't be swerving and crashing I'll be taking the dog out, discuss

100% agrre on that in a car.  More dangerous on a motorbike, so I bought a bigger bike now to take out small obstacles if necessary.  Stopping or swerving away is a possble death call.

46 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

Fortunately, the car crashed into the signpost and tree, preventing it from crossing into the opposite lane, where other vehicles were waiting at the traffic light.

Yes that was 'Fortunate' ................:coffee1::whistling:

• Like 1