Pit Bull Attacks & Kills 67-Year-Old Woman Cycling in Pathum Thani

Georgealbert

19 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Yes, dog fighting took place in a pit. Between 2 dogs. They were never bred to fight or attack humans. 

Many dog breeds have been bred to fight/kill other animals. Be that bears, boar, foxes or whatever. It is not unique to the PitBull. 

Yes but the attacks are way out of proportion to their population. 

4 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Unfortunately, Thai attitudes to dog ownership often are not compatible with powerful dogs (caging them, little/no exercise, disciplining them with a stick etc.). Educating owners is the answer. I don't think I've ever seen a dog on a lead outside Bangkok. Mine stays on an extendable lead even when being exercised on our private land, just in case any local mutts wander over and attack him. Responsible ownership is key. 

Agreed and being both practical and realistic, there is zero hope of a "responsible ownership" culture developing in Thailand in the foreseeable future.

Ergo potentially dangerous dog breeds presenting a higher public risk should be banned in Thailand.

58 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

Yes but the attacks are way out of proportion to their population. 

Yep - readers can do a Google but from what I remember the "league table" for dog fatalities in the US is something like :

Pit Bull "type" >60%+

Rottweiler : 10%

All other breeds : <30%

I've mentioned before I used to have a Jack Russell. All Terriers are, well, Terriers....feisty, determined and with a major attacking instinct that is difficult to re-set when triggered.

I am sure this behavioural trait is one of the reasons Pit Bull Terriers top the list, along of course, with their sheer physical size and bite strength. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, realfunster said:

Yep - readers can do a Google but from what I remember the "league table" for dog fatalities in the US is something like :

Pit Bull "type" >60%+

Rottweiler : 10%

All other breeds : <30%

I've mentioned before I used to have a Jack Russell. All Terriers are, well, Terriers....feisty, determined and with a major attacking instinct that is difficult to re-set when triggered.

I am sure this behavioural trait is one of the reasons Pit Bull Terriers top the list, along of course, with their sheer physical size and bite strength. 

But this is Thailand and not the USA and is no way comparable.

• Haha 1

I’m a believer that most dogs are as good as they are treated. However, Pit Bulls have too many strikes against them that eliminates this premise. My wife and I have had an encounter with two loose Pit Bulls that attacked our leashed dog. I don’t have animosity towards the breed, but believe the risks of ownership overshadows the rewards. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, 2long said:

I tend to disagree.

Soi dogs have their own hierarchy and are not caged and mistreated. They can expend the energy that every dog needs to.

Soi dogs are easy to deal with, by walkers, joggers and cyclists... it can't just be me or my area where this is no problem if you show the right body language. A pitbull is just another dog, and would behave so in a gang of soi dogs. I hope!

Wow I've  heard it all now !!!!!!  is all i can say

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This horrific killer beast must be eliminated from the face of the earth within the next 48 hours

Anytime a dog attacks a human it needs to be punished, and anytime a dog kills a human it needs to be out down.

No questions asked, just do it and if the government won't do it, the people should do it. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, billd766 said:

More BS. From you this time.

Why do you think that dogs like these are being banned in the west?

The dog owner has admitted that the dog has already bitten her daughter, and now somebody is dead. No, the owner did not kill the victim directly, but by keeping the dog after it has already bitten her daughter, the dog has bitten again. This time sadly, it killed somebody.

You remind me of another poster who claims that his dogs are friendly and lovable and would NEVER bite anybody. Until one of them does.

Knowing the dog has a propensity to viscousness, like all bull breeds,  is one thing. Keeping it knowing full well  this particular pittie is a proven danger then allowing by intent or negligence to get free to menace the community is far far worse.

The owner should be put into a cage to be set upon by trained police dogs to bite and maul her (about the extremities only) until she is seriously injured. 

Then after she gets out of hospital charged with first degree murder 

These bulls, no matter how “well trained” or “responsibly kept” have an innate defect of temperament that makes them all 100 percent dangerous time bombs. The dog did nothing “wrong” btw, almost a shame they must be humanely destroyed It is only an innocent animal reaction to instinct or training. 

The only way to get thru to the cultists is to punish them as if they inflict the deadly maulings themselves 

15 hours ago, Luuk Chaai said:

killed ?   that's a pretty harsh statement.... I think the proper term would be Euthanized and the action should be an immediate repsonse

Closeup 45 caliber jacketed hollow ...this should do the trick ...

In Thailand it is actually not easy to find a vet to euthanize a sick pet. Not all vets perform this service. I think a court would have to order the euthanization for it to happen promptly.

21 hours ago, proton said:

Yes, we always get this lie, Pit Bulls XL Bullies and other muscle bound killing machines are bad breeds, thats why they are banned in some countries. They are not safe to be kept as pets, any more than a Lion or a crocodile is.

Who introduced this dog breed in Thailand? Maybe Thailand needed some Western enrichment.

14 hours ago, Kinok Farang said:

Strange that all bad owners own this type of dog.

There is an increase in homeless encampment where I live near to a bike path. It is attracting all the "good" people, homeless, drug addict, drug dealers, nutcases, prostitutes, etc. I have already had a few encounters with homeless people and those "lovely" dogs. Only the best of the best of the American society seem to own those dogs.

10 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

The dog needs to be euthanized immediately, no ifs or buts.

Shame we can't do it to stupid irresponsible owners.

I agree, the dog must go. However, you might be wrong about that we can´t do it to stupid owners. Maybe easier than with the dog, as they many times seem to have a higher value than people in this country.