Russian Woman Rescued After Drifting at Sea for 7 Hours in Sattahip

Georgealbert

4 hours ago, kwan said:

Vodka for breakfast ?

Splicing the mainbrace ......................Aye Aye captain.

1 hour ago, watchcat said:

Sounds like it. My kind of woman, but to young for me.

Sounds like you need to Splice Your Mainbrace .....:giggle:

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, renaissanc said:

She is so lucky. I couldn't float for 8 kms without a life vest.

She had two rather large funbags for floatation.......

p.s. lucky lady.

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Staying afloat for 7 hours without a floatation device, ie just treading water takes some doing.

in gentle waters if you simply keep your lungs full you could just float there. Never tried this for 7 hours though. Either way a strong woman. Probably all those years on the potato farm supplying the local vodka factory.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

The woman, identified only as Junior, explained that she had been staying at a hotel in Najomtien and had gone for a swim at around 09:00, after consuming a small amount of alcohol. She had unintentionally swum far from shore and lost her sense of direction, eventually drifting 8 kilometres out to sea. Exhausted and disoriented, she floated and signaled for help until the fishing boat spotted her.

Never swim after a liquid breakfast.

9 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

after consuming a small amount of alcohol. She had unintentionally swum far from shore

Small amount?  So only one bottle of vodka? 🤣🤣🤣  That said, she is an extremely fortunate lady to have been found so far from shore.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, morrobay said:

Screenshot_2024-09-26-07-54-28-002_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.ac0dc11f93c866d4b4b20a116e127bc8.jpgOn the 25th the high tide would be about 3 pm. Then of course going out. So she swam into the outbound tidal current 

If high water was at 3pm then low water would have been about 2.15am.

She went swimming at 9am.....when the tide was rising and flowing inshore.

It would have continued to flow in for several hours:

"The woman, identified only as Junior, explained that she had been staying at a hotel in Najomtien and had gone for a swim at around 09:00,"

She was picked up.....the "incident" at about 4.00pm:

"The incident occurred around 16:00 on September 25, when a local squid fishing boat spotted the woman floating in the open sea"

The tide was indeed flowing out at that time, but the reason she found herself a long way offshore was that initially her, presumably, strong stroke, against an incoming tide, placed her further from dry land than she intended as the surfline crept further inland/up the shore behind her.

I think it likely that she is not just any ordinary "casual" swimmer.

Edited by Enoon

2 hours ago, Enoon said:

If high water was at 3pm then low water would have been about 2.15am.

She went swimming at 9am.....when the tide was rising and flowing inshore.

It would have continued to flow in for several hours:

"The woman, identified only as Junior, explained that she had been staying at a hotel in Najomtien and had gone for a swim at around 09:00,"

She was picked up.....the "incident" at about 4.00pm:

"The incident occurred around 16:00 on September 25, when a local squid fishing boat spotted the woman floating in the open sea"

The tide was indeed flowing out at that time, but the reason she found herself a long way offshore was that initially her, presumably, strong stroke, against an incoming tide, placed her further from dry land than she intended as the surfline crept further inland/up the shore behind her.

I think it likely that she is not just any ordinary "casual" swimmer.

My error for misreading the time she entered the water. Yes the tide was coming in at 9am . But in no way can I believe that this women could swim 

about 15 km . Especially against an incoming tide. No way. So two possibilities: The tidal currents direction in the gulf can be very complicated . It would take a lot of research. Not now. The other scenario is she booked up with the fisherman. I can believe that over her swimming against the tide . Especially with the photo.

Edited by morrobay
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, morrobay said:

My error for misreading the time she entered the water. Yes the tide was coming in at 9am . But in no way can I believe that this women could swim 

about 15 km . Especially against an incoming tide. No way. So two possibilities: The tidal currents direction in the gulf can be very complicated . It would take a lot of research. Not now. The other scenario is she booked up with the fisherman. I can believe that over her swimming against the tide . Especially with the photo.

The usual AN bar stool detectives are out in force I see!

She's not holding his hand you know, she is holding his arm for stability, that's a tiny boat to be standing up on. You guys must really get a kick out of making up such drivel.

• Agree 1