Report Traffic Violations for Cash Rewards, Say Thai Police

2 hours ago, webfact said:

A total of 10 prizes were awarded, with the top prize being 20,000 THB. The total sum of rewards distributed on this occasion was 50,000 THB, generously sponsored by Viriyah Insurance.

:cheesy:  :cheesy: so even if the reward was 1k that's just 50 drivers.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Videos selected for their content will not only earn monetary rewards but also receive a certificate of recognition from the Royal Thai Police, honouring the citizen's contribution to public safety.

No thanks imagine yourself being splattered over the news, for dobbing someone in who got caught fined or jailed when most own guns. Cops are allowed bullet prove vests we are not. 

2 hours ago, John Drake said:

Well, I'm just going to set up a camera at a couple of pedestrian crosswalks and see how much I get.

You're a Thai citizen?...

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Police, alongside partner organisations, are offering cash rewards for citizens...

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Police, alongside partner organisations, are offering cash rewards for citizens who capture traffic violations on video as part of the "Volunteer Traffic Eyes" project. Total rewards exceed 50,000 THB.

A way for the poor to make an honest living?

4 hours ago, John Drake said:

Well, I'm just going to set up a camera at a couple of pedestrian crosswalks and see how much I get.

Might be better to set up outside a Police station. 😀