Minister Pushes for Bangkok F1 Race Plan with 2024 Deadline

webfact

Seems a lot of Skeptics out there 

same people who love the sun and cheap booze. !! 

Thailand host some of the best motorbike racing in the world.  
I for one can’t wait for F1 in Thailand 

it will be the FIA who run the event with highly trained marshals from all over the world 

Roll on Thai F1.   

19 minutes ago, john11k said:

Thailand host some of the best motorbike racing in the world.  

They host SBK, they lost Moto GP several years ago.

Which other bets bike racing events you had in mind?

Edited by CallumWK

The lack of discipline and the dismal safety standards would be the first hurdle! The ethics and morals of the authorities there would be the next and so on!

A country with one of the highest road fatalities on the planet speaks for itself, the carrot for the FIA would have to be ginormous!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

What the ministers need to check is the tax on importing cars into Thailand. I remember back in the 1990s this was proposed and I believe there are some "Amazing" Thai taxation laws on not only the racing cars but all the support vehicles that simply made it impractical to hold an F1 race in Thailand.

I suspect, as usual, nobody has bothered to check why this hasn't happened before?

11 hours ago, Crash999 said:

Believe the track would need some major upgrades as from what I remember it’s only certified for F3. Plus remote location and not enough local hotels. 

Biggest issue may be that the track is privately owned. And this is another group’s attempt to launch a separate project affiliated with the government. Lots of new government contracts to issue. Wink wink! 

While Buriram is up to FIA standard, it's never on the card for F1, not enough attractions, and look at the recent additions to F1 calendar, all street circuit, which is more of a spectacle for TV, Buriram's got none of that

12 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I just don't know how they could ever adapt an international level of safety standards. There's such a lack of regard for safety here and there's so little discipline when it comes to adherence to high standards. I don't see it happening for decades, if ever. 

long haul flights from reputable international airlines land in thailand, are you saying thailand does not conform to international airline/aviation safety standards?