Prawit Visits Parliament to Sign In, Then Leaves – Misses 84 of 95 Sessions

webfact

Untitled-3.jpg

Picture via Sanook

General Prawit Wongsuwan, MP and leader of the Palang Pracharath Party, made a brief appearance at the Parliament building this morning.

Arriving around 7:40 a.m. with his security detail, he went to the second-floor entrance of the House of Representatives chamber to sign in and confirm his presence before the session's official start at 9:00 a.m. However, immediately after signing, he left the premises in his private vehicle.

Reports indicate that General Prawit has rarely been seen at Parliament in recent months. His last appearance was reportedly during the selection of the prime minister in late 2023. Since then, he has missed numerous parliamentary sessions.

The latest data, revealed by former Pheu Thai Party spokesperson and MP Phrompong Nopparit, highlights General Prawit's frequent absences.

Between July 3, 2023, and September 19, 2024, Parliament held 95 sessions, of which he missed 84. This has raised concerns about his commitment to parliamentary duties. 

This public scrutiny follows calls for accountability, as citizens question the role of their elected officials in the legislative process. General Prawit’s attendance record has prompted further debate over his participation and representation as a senior member of the Palang Pracharath Party, reported Sanook.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-10-16

news-footer-3.png

image.png

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Arriving around 7:40 a.m. with his security detail, he went to the second-floor entrance of the House of Representatives chamber to sign in and confirm his presence before the session's official start at 9:00 a.m. However, immediately after signing, he left the premises in his private vehicle.

Probably needed a sleep after such an exhausting time just to get out of his car, climb the stairs, and sign his name.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Imagine a job where you clock in and then go home, how long would you stay employed ?

Italy....555

“Italy’s king of absentees” by the media, reportedly stopped showing up for work in 2005 but continued to collect paychecks, amounting to about €538,000 over the years. The case came to light during a broader investigation into absenteeism in Italy’s public sector, which has had issues with “ghost employees” in various government agencies. Several managers at the hospital were also investigated for their role in enabling or failing to report the long-standing absence.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Imagine a job where you clock in and then go home, how long would you stay employed ?

Forever if they let me, which seems to be the case here.

21 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

describes my experience at a Thai university for a few years when I first arrived in the late late late 90's

15 hrs a week of class time, plus the summer off with pay all for 35k per month all in.  I doubled that or more with another 3-5 hours of public lessons each week in the evenings

I arranged my classes so I worked three days per week and between us, the foreign teachers signed each other in on days we were off-site.  

During the summer the lower-level Thai teachers would sign the foreign and senior teachers in so we could travel. Sadly that became problematic in my final year before I joined the corporate world. At the ripe age of 25, it was a brilliant gig while it lasted.

As I understand it, English teachers don't get paid all that much more now. 

15 minutes ago, madone said:

describes my experience at a Thai university for a few years when I first arrived in the late late late 90's

15 hrs a week of class time, plus the summer off with pay all for 35k per month all in.  I doubled that or more with another 3-5 hours of public lessons each week in the evenings

I arranged my classes so I worked three days per week and between us, the foreign teachers signed each other in on days we were off-site.  

During the summer the lower-level Thai teachers would sign the foreign and senior teachers in so we could travel. Sadly that became problematic in my final year before I joined the corporate world. At the ripe age of 25, it was a brilliant gig while it lasted.

As I understand it, English teachers don't get paid all that much more now. 

Many years ago I remember when they were building Darling Harbor in Sydney, They found out one guy who arrived in 'His' taxi everyday for 10+ years, he never reported for work, to anybody, not even on his first day, so he was never missed. 

2 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

So no meeting no payment.. a signature should not be enough.. besides sleeping during the meeting is same as not attending.... These old dinosaurs should be banned to proceed.. If they don't want to go, fire them. 75 should be the max age 

IMHO the retirement age for ALL politicians should be that of the normal Thai workers.

An exception to that should be that if they reach the retirement age during that period, they should be barred from standing for parliament.

53 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

They should pay them based on their attendance, and have an attendance record showing hours of attendance, including any refusal to vote.......anything below a certain level of acceptance, they should then be removed from office, and a special election should be initiated to replace them.

The special election should be at their OWN expense.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

This has raised concerns about his commitment to parliamentary duties. 

I would have thought his complicity in the 2014 military coup led by Gen. Prayut to overthrow an elected government and abolish the constitution would have raised concerns about his qualification for parliamentary duties going forward.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Sack the fat git.

The slugs only commitment is to his waist line the pie manufacturers must be working overtime...

Stop his income and bring before the NACC or another of the anti this and that commissions or committees and strip him of his income and privileges.

5 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

So no meeting no payment.. a signature should not be enough.. besides sleeping during the meeting is same as not attending.... These old dinosaurs should be banned to proceed.. If they don't want to go, fire them. 75 should be the max age 

PLus a rule that missing more than say 10 meetings cancels any entitlement to meeting money or any other benefits.