Blocked sceptic tank.

rocky123

5 hours ago, rocky123 said:

Having problem flushing my Toilet

Maybe someone flushed a female sanitary napkin or similar. 

Go to Watsadu or similar buy a plumbing snake or something similar, plenty of options. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

5 hours ago, rocky123 said:

Having problem flushing my Toilet. Even after emptying my sceptic tank, a week latter the problem is still there.  Maybe a blockage somewhere. Anyone know someone that can fix please. I live on the darkside. Many thanks

Call a plumber. 

4 hours ago, PattayaParent said:

There's liquids and powders that you can throw down the toilet bolw to unblock the pipework, can't remember the names but they're available in Tesco and Big-C.

If that doesn't solve it you'll have to rod the pipe.

I'll go to Big C, it's a long way to the nearest Tesco. 555

Yeh, I still call it Tesco, and laugh at the name Mini Big Cs. 

Edited by KannikaP

8 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Plunger?

I have a similar problem here in rural Kamphaeng Phet.

I have used the plunger and that sometimes works.

I have also used a plumbers mate which is a long flexible rod which you feed into the toilet, then crank it around and move it on a bit and repeat.

That does not work for me.

Do you live in a 1 storey house or a 2 + storey house?

My toilet which bungs up is on the ground floor. The upstairs toilet works OK and flushes properly but the ground floor toilet gets bunged up now and again.

One short term fix is to pour a kettle of boiling water into the toilet and do the same with another kettle full of boiling water, then use the plunger.

That usually clears my problem for a while.

Hopefully I have managed to attach 3 drawings which may help you understand how toilets work and the pipes attached to them.ToiletUbend.png.efa67af506ab1a53dd97ec73a29bc41c.pngWhatsAppImage2024-04-09at17_46.56_e5ea9d07.jpg.f5c957bf05a5232bc89ef3a3a803adce.jpgPlumbingDrains.jpeg.ac181c4cafad8b9008a6a0f52009644a.jpeg

• Thanks 1

The guy who empties the tank also did a good job of unblocking one of my toilets. I think it has rather a sharp bend and solids stick in it .. so it's a pee only bog now. The tank getting full due to a lot of rain (or overuse) is also possible, but easily proven by taking the cap off. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The guy who empties the tank also did a good job of unblocking one of my toilets. I think it has rather a sharp bend and solids stick in it .. so it's a pee only bog now. The tank getting full due to a lot of rain (or overuse) is also possible, but easily proven by taking the cap off. 

And holding your nose tightly.

22 hours ago, rocky123 said:

Having problem flushing my Toilet. Even after emptying my sceptic tank, a week latter the problem is still there.  Maybe a blockage somewhere. Anyone know someone that can fix please. I live on the darkside. Many thanks

No the ground water rises up. When was your septic tank last cleaned out. Phone or bor tor they charge 500 baht up per tank.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, KannikaP said:

I'll go to Big C, it's a long way to the nearest Tesco. 555

Yeh, I still call it Tesco, and laugh at the name Mini Big Cs. 

Yes I still call it tesco lotus as does my girlfriend because my mind is slow probably because if she said let's go to lotus I would have to seriously think where ??

• Love It 1

On 10/16/2024 at 1:34 PM, johng said:

Lots of rain  at the moment  perhaps the tank is flooded from the rain ?

Septic tanks are designed to run full with liquid, it overflows to a ground drain. If it fills with solids then it must be emptied but that rarely happens.

I had a lot of problems with a tank. It filled for no apparent reason. No soakaway function. We ended up digging another tank about 10m away in the garden, that was below the level of the first tank, and connecting a large 6" blue pipe between the two, so the first tank fed into the 2nd any time the level reached the bottom of the pipe. A lot of hard work for my superman Cambodian builder. No problem since. My theory about the non functioning soakaway was lack of use over a period of time led to  the soil becoming rock hard and completely impenetrable. Anyway, the overflow system worked for me.

Edited by bradiston
  • Like 1

This is how to start dealing with a <deleted>ty problem. :cheesy:

When you flush is it backing up ready to overflow out of bowl?

If so, you got a blockage in the bowl get a plunger.

When you flush it goes down slow but not enough the mini log is still present but water does drain. Go out open up the cover to the tank if it is full after you recently empty now full if can't see clearly get a flush light if it looks more water than a thick pile of mud:cheesy: You got rain water filling up the cement tanks from the rain. Most likely builder dug a hole and put cement rings on top of each other and water entering the seams. 

How long you been in house just happening now.

I'm also on the darkside but got my own <deleted> to deal with :cheesy: