Why do receipts cost so much?

AustinRacing

26 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Because you were late doing it weren't you?

You know you don't need to do these 90 day reports in person, you can send anyone to sit there and do it on your behalf.

Yes Einstein. But that was not the point. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, AustinRacing said:

Yes Einstein. But that was not the point. 

The point is, that you are encouraging corruption.

The fine is the same if you are 2 days, 2 months or almost 1 year late in reporting.

The law is there and has been for many years. You don't have to like it, and you can even do it online from home, and it is free as @ukrukes has already said.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, billd766 said:

The point is, that you are encouraging corruption.

The fine is the same if you are 2 days, 2 months or almost 1 year late in reporting.

The law is there and has been for many years. You don't have to like it, and you can even do it online from home, and it is free as @ukrukes has already said.

As I did yesterday.

Applied at 11.00am and got approval to my email by 3.00pm.

13 hours ago, billd766 said:

you can even do it online from home

You can, but only if it is not the first 90 days report after re-entering the country from overseas.

The first 90 days reporting, after you enter Thailand from a trip abroad, has to be done in person.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, ukrules said:

You know you don't need to do these 90 day reports in person, you can send anyone to sit there and do it on your behalf.

Can also do online.  I’ve been doing mine online for the past three years.  Works perfectly.  They send a reminder email 15 days before, and a confirmation email and document once complete.  Depending on how fast/busy an immigration dept. is, can take from a couple of days to a week.  It’s especially convenient for me as my provincial immigration office is 65km away.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

Couple of days late for 90 day reporting. IO asks “with receipt 2000, no receipt 1000”. I chose the latter. Makes you wonder is it the cost of the paper or the time to write it up that makes up the 1k? Please advise🫢

you are allowed 7 days late, so not just a little late, not hard to set a reminder

2 hours ago, AndreasHG said:

You can, but only if it is not the first 90 days report after re-entering the country from overseas.

The first 90 days reporting, after you enter Thailand from a trip abroad, has to be done in person.

I  mailed my 90 day report following my return to Thailand and it was approved.

Edited by norbra
  • Thanks 1

Stop arguing guys, hold on hold on, excuse me ‘I’m speaking’. Ok here is the deal:

1) I usually do the online but was over the grace period. Couple of days was figurative

2) highlighting brazen corruption in government processes. 
3) the post was satirical

Finally KH trademark 😂😂😂😂

It takes about two minutes to do the 90 day report online. (TM47), you get a receipt for free, print it out, and put it in your passport, what is there to moan about?

It takes a whole three minutes to do the TM30.

Edited by JamesPhuket10
typo

I have a big calendar  hung on the wall near the breakfast table with all

the important dates on , birthdays,hospital visits, 90 day reports ,and

renewal date , as I don't have a smartphone,  plus the batteries never

run out on a paper calendar...never miss a date ,don't pay no 2000 B  

regards Worgeordie

• Love It 1

19 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

Couple of days late for 90 day reporting. IO asks “with receipt 2000, no receipt 1000”. I chose the latter. Makes you wonder is it the cost of the paper or the time to write it up that makes up the 1k? Please advise🫢

I do mine on laptop. Home. Free. 😏😏😏😏

2 hours ago, steve187 said:

you are allowed 7 days late, so not just a little late, not hard to set a reminder

While you supposedly get 7 days, my last online report ran me TWO days late because they rejected it and said I needed to come in person. When I got there, they wanted 2000 baht for "late reporting". Do the clueless women at the desk not know about the seven day grace period?  Obviously not. No one said anything about "receipts". I am completely lost.

19 hours ago, ukrules said:

No need to be late now, online simple. You even get an email now as a reminder. So if you f##k up, problem belong you.😀