7 Overlooked Health Risks for Male Expats Living in Thailand

CharlieH

On 10/23/2024 at 11:38 AM, proton said:

Well done if you can afford insurance after 75!

Yea Right, even If one can afford the over the top Premiums for the Health Insurance It's a Waste of money   with the Exclusions from the Pre-existing conditions,  

With my Pre-existing Big List at 78 they won't even look/think about me.

Why don't the governments in all countries come up with a Decent insurance that everyone can afford even with pre -existing .

They collect /Rob people from their money (they call that Tax )

An illness or injury experienced before enrollment in a health insurance plan may be considered a pre-existing condition. Pre-existing conditions can include health issues such as cancer, diabetes, lupus, depression, acne, pregnancy, or just about any other health condition you can imagine. 

On 10/23/2024 at 11:38 AM, proton said:

Well done if you can afford insurance after 75!

I stopped paying for health insurance several years ago. I've just turned 80 and I'm feeling fine but I told my wife if I'm diagnosed with a serious medical problem just get the doctor to give me pain killers and let me die in peace. I'm not paying large annual fees for health insurance only to die a few months later.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Isolation. 

It's unbelievable the number of people who melt down due to that issue, I've seen nervous breakdowns and many of the other things you mention here are a direct result of isolation. 

• Agree 1