Hua Hin Hotel Manager Fired After Dispute Over Customer Review

So, we all know this hotel does not value their staff at all, I wonder which 'manager' it was who wrote this review - the 'general manager' or the social media manager.....

Now - which hotel was it?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, pacovl46 said:

That’s ridiculous! First of all, 20 Baht is nothing. If you can afford to stay at a 5 star hotel then you can afford 20 Baht for a toothbrush. Secondly, getting fired over this seems definitely excessive!

Alternatively a 5 star hotel should offer free what is often provided in 3 star hotels. It's not much to ask and at 20 baht the toothbrush would not have been an Oral B with soft bristles brush. The hotel seems stingy. Though I would never leave my teeth to the mercy of a cheap hotel brush.

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

The employee was fired for their attitude…the customer is always right manta is being followed…

is this a western or Thai hotel/chain?

you could always research the article for yourself to find out ...  it was mentioned in a post above .....   

Edited by steven100
  • Haha 1

Serves him/her right. Bad attitude to defend an indefencible policy of charging 20 baht for a toothbrush online for the world to see...and with attitude.  Silly person. I really doubt that is a company policy even. He shouldn't be a manager, I'd fire him.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, steven100 said:

he'll be flipping hamburgers at McDonald's next week :vampire:

OK, but the new Mcdonalds cook will demand 5 baht extra for the tomatoe sauce for there overpriced hamburgers.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Iron Tongue said:

Manager or the hotel should have simply posted "To save from waste, toothbrushes will only be provided upon request" -like how every other hotel in the world shows how green they are.

20 baht toothbrush?  Probably cost the hotel 7 baht.

Personally, I always travel with my own toothbrush as hotel freebies are usually of inferior quality.

You can use the toothbrush and give it a rinse then put it back for the next guest. 

• Confused 1

Some people really believe that they are superior... If you stay in a 5 star hotel and the hotel  has a policy as explained  there is no reason to make such a problem.  The manager should not be fired that is over the top. The customer who believes that he is God she be refused next time.. problems about a toothbrush how low can you go

I would agree witht the reviewer on this.  I have stayed at 5 star, 4 star and many 3 star hotels in the Land of Smiles and the defintion of  "service" is a fluid term. If one pays 5 Star prices this would mean "the guest should not have to ask any thing".  I have seen eco friendly and disposable toothrushes that are not made of plastic.  So "save the enviornemnt" does not ring true to me. In my experience I hated dealing with native hotel managers in LOS but all the foreign managers were receptive and friendly when I spoke to them about anything.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

In response, the manager left a comment in English, saying, “Now let me explain or educate you a little bit about green hotels; we care for the environment, and this is why we do not put dental kits for free in the rooms.”

This comment was not required.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

This comment was not required.

or even word it better ..... treating the customer like a school kid ...

but better still,  he didn't need that comment in.  

Edited by steven100

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

or even word it better ..... treating the customer like a school kid ...

but better still,  he didn't need that comment in.  

"Let me explain/clarify the hotels green policy" 

would have been better.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, pacovl46 said:

getting fired over this seems definitely excessive

In a way, yes. But maybe they were looking for some time to fire him. Now they had a reason. 

The text above is certainly not what should be send to a 5-star hotel guest from a 5-star hotel manager.

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

They should be free and if the guest does not steal it.... rinse it off and leave for the next guest !

The issue is not the toothbrush and its cost ffs. It’s the managers response to the customers comment.

• Agree 1