List Of Favourite Restaurants In Phuket

donna

eXo wine bar in Rawai near the museum ,

Called in a few nights ago with some friends , Italian owned with a French Chef I beleive.

Marco the owner was very attentive and seemed like a genuinely nice person.

Prices are ok , and the tapas were good .

Actually had some fresh made pasta for the first time in years , forgot just how much better it is vs premade.

Agreed!

But if you try Rustichella pasta.........:)

Went last Monday to Capannina on Nanai Soi 2. Superb food, great service and reasonable prices. I had spaghetti with clams (live from the trays at the entrance which were still squirting liquid. There must have been 40 or so clams of varying sizes in my serving!

My friend had penne Fiorentino (?) which she says was excellent but too large a portion. All the other patrons were Italian and the setting around a small swimming pool was excellent. 2 mains, 2 beers, 650bht.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Cherngtalay Restos

It's a given that the Sunset Restaurant (beside the Black Cat) is probably the best local thai restaurant in the area, and best value for money. Full of half locals half tourists. Also good is the Farang (at Lemongrass House). On the beach the Laypang and Lotus are good, but beach pricey..

Any other recommendations in the immediate area similar to Sunset?

Edited by stuarty

Cherngtalay Restos

It's a given that the Sunset Restaurant (beside the Black Cat) is probably the best local thai restaurant in the area, and best value for money. Full of half locals half tourists. Also good is the Farang (at Lemongrass House). On the beach the Laypang and Lotus are good, but beach pricey..

Any other recommendations in the immediate area similar to Sunset?

The barbecue at the first restaurant to the right when looking at the water at Surin Beach is good (Nok's?). They usually have the rotisserie spit going with ribs and chicken.Yum.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a place on Kwang Road that we go to probably around once a week or so for an early supper, that serves Northern Thai food. It's not 'fine dining' but it does do excellent quality Thai food that is more subtle than the typical southern Thai fare. My personal favourite is braised pork with ginger in a mild curry sauce/gravy. Coupled with a good pork fried rice and a large, ice cold Leo, it's an ideal sunsetter supper. The restaurant itself I would describe as 'rustic' with quite a few traces of it's Lanna roots, a variety of seating styles, and some quaint hand wash facilities. Even the background Northern Thai music is pleasant, though I resist the temptation to 'sing along'........biggrin.png

The name of the place in Thai is: "Huen Phu-chiang", which very roughly translates into 'mountain home in town'. The wife and I just call it 'northern'. Turning into Kwang Road from Chaofa West, it's around two or three hundred metres on the left.

post-62520-0-06921100-1393509655_thumb.j

post-62520-0-38110300-1393509686_thumb.j

post-62520-0-15601500-1393509713_thumb.j

post-62520-0-41773300-1393509739_thumb.j

post-62520-0-81128500-1393509758_thumb.j

post-62520-0-47448300-1393509782_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Los Amigos - Nai Harn.

For years and years, upwards of 11 years, I have been going to that place with my friend. We have not gone for about 7 months. We went back last night.

I know that the owner, Terry, has been trying to sell it. Old girlfriend walked off a couple of years ago and the new one is doing the cooking, as the old cook left also.

The salsa was bland and had a strange after taste. The chimichanga beef and the beef with chips was salty. No refried beans served with the combo I ordered.

I have always had a different combo than what was shown on the menu and the old crew, left long ago, where always happy to change and adjust the prices.

Not this time. Mai mee, cannot, no hab.

Very disappointed. I have always recommended the place as a tex mex place, far from the real stuff, but sufficiently good enough.

Prices went up a lot, as well.

Los Amigos - Nai Harn.

For years and years, upwards of 11 years, I have been going to that place with my friend. We have not gone for about 7 months. We went back last night.

I know that the owner, Terry, has been trying to sell it. Old girlfriend walked off a couple of years ago and the new one is doing the cooking, as the old cook left also.

The salsa was bland and had a strange after taste. The chimichanga beef and the beef with chips was salty. No refried beans served with the combo I ordered.

I have always had a different combo than what was shown on the menu and the old crew, left long ago, where always happy to change and adjust the prices.

Very disappointed. I have always recommended the place as a tex mex place, far from the real stuff, but sufficiently good enough.

Other than the third line bit of gossip, I have some questions as I too frequent this restaurant.

Why not ask for a new salsa this "one is bland" (certain Europeans don't do spicy)."& BTW chop some fresh Thai chilies in there too".

Then I think if you just order exactly what you want combo-wise "a beef taco,cheese enchilada and refried beans", things would be o.k.

Last time I was there I had a good meal.

Edited by grumpyoldman
  • Like 1

Los Amigos - Nai Harn.

- List Of Favourite Restaurants In Phuket -

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

nice topic

but ... i like to know the best THAI restaurants in PATONG at Phuket...

somebody have ?

i will stay in patong

and i dont go to eat where the falangs go to eat, overpriced

but i want to go eat at the restaurant where the THIA go eat !!!

somenbody can help ?

You need to understand that Patong is only about tourists, mainly Falang. The Thais that do live there are those employment is associated with the service industry, and they mainly buy their food from stalls.

To get genuine Thai restaurants, you need to get away from the West Coast of Phuket in general, and Patong in particular. The East Coast (and the far North) has a rich variety of mainly Thai restaurants where whilst you might meet the occasional (normally resident) Falang, they will certainly be in the minority.

As a starting point, you should look back through this thread.

Edited by pagallim
  • Like 2

nice topic

somebody have ?

i will stay in patong

somenbody can help ?

For years, No. 6 restaurant in Patong has been great, though since moving from Phuket 5 years ago I haven't eaten there. However, quickly scanning Tripadvisor looks still great. It's on the 2nd road, very easy to find. However, it is always full of farangs, and it's definitely not overpriced.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g297930-d2256384-Reviews-No_6_Restaurant-Patong_Kathu_Phuket.html

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Coconut Bar, Rawai Beach, across from Baan Had Rawai.

They do an excellent chicken breast salad which I have re-branded Appendicitis Salad or Weight Watchers Salad.

Stomach pains after 4 hours, seriously considering a trip to Bangkok Phuket hospital for an appendicitis check-up after a painful night but, after a day and a half, nature took its course and 2 1/2 days later the pain is now subsiding.

The good news - I've lost 5 Kg.

I remember now why I never eat salads.

I had a meal at no 6 and wasnt so impressed.
If you have time.
goto Natural restuarant in Phuket town.
All of Patong is over priced i lived there for 3 years.

nice topic
somebody have ?
i will stay in patong

somenbody can help ?

Mexican Food: definitely an acquired taste, I know many Brits and Euros don't go for it but if indeed it is something you like go for,

-Moo's Tex Mex the large Mexican combo, it's not on the menu, you just order it, taco, quesadillas , and a burrito, your choice of beef or chicken, I usually mix it up, chicken taco, beef q's etc., very good price for that big of a meal.

-Sala Mexacali, quality food. Little pricey and sometimes a little slow, but really good Mexican. Hasta luego !

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Had a good burger at Catalina in Naiharn yesterday. It is just on the right side when you turn from Saiyuan to take the road to Kata. They have a selection of burgers, shawarma, kebabs & Thai food. KB would likely be interested if he has not already been. Most of the burgers are 150 or 200 gram beef but they do chicken, steak & shrimp burgers as well. The place looks fairly new.

• Like 1

Had a good burger at Catalina in Naiharn yesterday. It is just on the right side when you turn from Saiyuan to take the road to Kata. They have a selection of burgers, shawarma, kebabs & Thai food. KB would likely be interested if he has not already been. Most of the burgers are 150 or 200 gram beef but they do chicken, steak & shrimp burgers as well. The place looks fairly new.

So this is somewhere by Gig's Jam Club?

I think the place formerly known as Typhoon.

• Like 1

No idea about Jam Club but if you follow the directions you can't miss it. They are on FB where you can find a map.

Actually ate there last night with another board member. It's as stevenl said, the old Typhoon and 30 metres away from Gig's Jam Club. Other BM ordered their big burger and boy was it big, as well as tasty. Steak burger I had was a bit tough. but will definitely go there again.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You must try Sala Mexicali it's really different a mix between mediterranean and Mexican food. Very high quality cuisine at very reasonable prices. It's only open late afternoons and evenings. It is located near the Lemon gas station same side about 2 kilometers from the circle in Chalong on the way to Rawai.

LiveSteam

Hey, This Mexo ging is Yucatan style. Cozumel and Cancun etc. Very fresh food, I like it