What No Rugby Forum!

The 2010 Super 14 season kicks off this coming friday, if its anything like last year, it should be a cracker.

Competition should be tight between the usual suspects.

Round 1

Fri, Feb 12

Blues v Hurricanes, Auckland

Western Force v Brumbies, Perth

Cheetahs v Bulls, Bloemfontein,

Sat, Feb 13

Crusaders v Highlanders, Christchurch,

Reds v Waratahs, Brisbane,

Lions v Stormers, Johannesburg,

Sharks v Chiefs, Durban,

come on then donnyboy! and anyone else out there.

predictions for the top four spots in the super 14

ill go, waratahs, bulls, hurricanes and hmm sharks.

Bulls, Crusaders, Hurricanes, Waratahs

how could you leave out the Crusaders?

My home Team the Blues could be a surprise package if they can sneak a few wins away

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

should be a good tough game....hard to know with the French, they are either amazing or brutal......if Ireland can keep it tight, the longer the game goes on, the french fans might get on there back and give us the advantage.

they sure can tackle thou :)

I'm not near any city with bars that have sports (rugby) channels unfortunately so can I have to make do barely watching it on my computer. But I have heard of a South African satellite that can pick up most/all rugby channels. Anyone know about it and how to receive it?

BTW I love the red sofa, shame there's a girl in the way.

England as the surprise package in the 6 nations........

Yep - certainly a surprising lack lustre performance today.... :D

Abysmal............. can't see them winning again in this years tournament :)

c'mon a wins a win aint it? :D

whats the low down donnyboy, for this weeks round of the super 14?

Watched the Highlanders vs Crusaders then the Reds vs the Waratahs yesterday (from the weekend ?) both great games. I must say this tournament produces much more exciting rugby than the 6 nations.

sorry for the late post,

Wk 2

fri result

Highlanders v Blues, Dunedin Blues 19-15

Reds v Crusaders, Brisbane Big upset Reds 41-20

Sharks v Cheetahs, Durban Another upset Cheetahs 25-20

Lions v Chiefs, Johannesburg huge scores Chiefs 72-65

sat prediction

Hurricanes v Western Force, Wellington, hurricanes should take it by 10

Bulls v Brumbies, Pretoria bulls should win by 15

Stormers v Waratahs, Cape Town, stomers should win narrrowly, 5 points?

sorry for the late post,

Wk 2

fri result

Highlanders v Blues, Dunedin Blues 19-15

Reds v Crusaders, Brisbane Big upset Reds 41-20

Sharks v Cheetahs, Durban Another upset Cheetahs 25-20

Lions v Chiefs, Johannesburg huge scores Chiefs 72-65

sat prediction

saw the reds v the crusaders game last night. the reds absolutely stuffed the crusaders!

saturday predictions hmmm..

hurricanes by 14-16 points over the force

bulls by 6-8 points over the brumbies. think it will be closer than most think.

waratahs by 7-9 points over the stormers.

sat prediction

sat results

Hurricanes v Western Force Hurricanes 47-22

Bulls v Brumbies Bulls 50-32

Stormers v Waratahs Stormers 27-6

Reds were the surprise package this weekend, totally out played & had more passion than the Crusaders,

they should beat my team the Blues this coming weekend too if they keep this roll going.

Crusaders should bounce back and roll the Sharks but it will be close.

Bulls look good, and top the table.

post-15912-1266799327_thumb.jpg

sat prediction

sat results

Hurricanes v Western Force Hurricanes 47-22

Bulls v Brumbies Bulls 50-32

Stormers v Waratahs Stormers 27-6

Reds were the surprise package this weekend, totally out played & had more passion than the Crusaders,

they should beat my team the Blues this coming weekend too if they keep this roll going.

Crusaders should bounce back and roll the Sharks but it will be close.

Bulls look good, and top the table.

yeah the bulls look good, but worrying the amount of points they seem to be letting in. may come a crooper up against a well organised outfit. thought about putting in the reds at the start, when the predictions for top 4 spots where made. i think from what ive seen they could keep it going.

donnyboy whats the score with this new outfit the rebels.

im a wasps supporter and we have just lost danny ciprani to them at the end of the northern hemisphere domestic season. are they a well backed financial franchise.

dosnt look good for the future as far as my club goes. losing players left, right and centre to the french league

re The Rebels, not sure. only thing i know is that theyre from Melbourne, and will make their debut next year

i might do a search later in the season to see who else they sign, they can start raiding other Aus team players from march 15, also rumours saying they will sign some Bok players as well, interesting.

i thought i might post a day earlier before i forget to post at all,

Wk 3 comments & predictions

Fri, Feb 26

Crusaders v Sharks, Christchurch

Crusaders need to get back on track after last weeks mauling, Crusaders by 12

Stormers v Brumbies, Cape Town

Stomers won against the Tahs last week, cant see anything to be any different vs Brumbies, Stomers by 10

Sat, Feb 27

Hurricanes v Lions, Wellington

Hurricanes should be too strong vs Lions, Hurricanes by 20

Reds v Blues, Brisbane

Reds were on fire last week, i expect it to continue vs The Blues, who played a ho hum game last week, Reds by 18

Western Force v Chiefs, Perth

This will be close, as the Chiefs had travel, and a big game last week. Force havent played well. Chiefs by 5

Cheetahs v Highlanders, Bloemfontein

Cheetahs had a solid game last week,Highlanders are travelling, Cheetahs by 8

Bulls v Waratahs, Pretoria,

Bulls look rock solid,Tahs werent any good vs Stomers, and need to step up, Bulls by 20+

might think about posting about the 6Nations tomorrow

Edited by Donnyboy

i thought i might post a day earlier before i forget to post at all,

Wk 3 comments & predictions

Fri, Feb 26

Crusaders v Sharks, Christchurch

Crusaders need to get back on track after last weeks mauling, Crusaders by 12

Stormers v Brumbies, Cape Town

Stomers won against the Tahs last week, cant see anything to be any different vs Brumbies, Stomers by 10

Sat, Feb 27

Hurricanes v Lions, Wellington

Hurricanes should be too strong vs Lions, Hurricanes by 20

Reds v Blues, Brisbane

Reds were on fire last week, i expect it to continue vs The Blues, who played a ho hum game last week, Reds by 18

Western Force v Chiefs, Perth

This will be close, as the Chiefs had travel, and a big game last week. Force havent played well. Chiefs by 5

Cheetahs v Highlanders, Bloemfontein

Cheetahs had a solid game last week,Highlanders are travelling, Cheetahs by 8

Bulls v Waratahs, Pretoria,

Bulls look rock solid,Tahs werent any good vs Stomers, and need to step up, Bulls by 20+

might think about posting about the 6Nations tomorrow

o.k. here goes.

sharks by 6 points.

stormers agreed by 10 or more!

hurricanes by 24 plus.

reds by 5-7 points even though the blues have injuries, i think they will keep it tight.

chiefs by 12 points.

cheetahs by 14 points.

bulls but i think it will be close, depending on how many points they let in.

Edited by tigerfish

wales v france; prediction!

i think this could be the thorn in the side, of frances hopes of not only taking the grand slam, but also the six nations title.

evening kick off, friday night down in cardiff, the welsh in full voice.

its going to be hard for the welsh and they are going to have to address a lot of areas to win, but i think they might just do it.

gatland will have for sure not been happy with the last two performances against england and scotland. too many silly errors, sinbins, stupid penalties given away and to many tries allowed in. if i am honest though, if it hadnt of been for all of the points listed above, they should have beaten england. as for the scotland game well the defence was all over the place in the first half, but showed enough know how under pressure, plus a bit of good fortune to get themselves back in the game.

key areas;

the defence is going to have to be rock solid, and be on its toes for the full 80 minutes.

the line out, i think is going to be a pivitol part of the game and the less they go there the better. the french will definatley target that area, and there could be a lot of territorial kicking by the boys in blue to put pressure on the welsh line out in their own 22.

the break down and scum will be where the welsh will want to try and hit the french hard and upset them. and we all know that if a french side that gets rattle and taken out of the groove of it own comfort zone doesnt react well.

as for the backs, the welsh have more than enough talent in their ranks to break the french line. but the service from the scrum half is go to have to be quick and on the mark everytime. if jones is going to be allowed to release them to run at the french 3/4 line.

i think the le bleus will come and play a tentative game and it could play into the hands of the home side.

ill go out on a limb and say wales by 6 points.

btw why the hel_l isnt dwayne peel in the starting line up

Edited by tigerfish

Updates

Crusaders v Sharks, Crusaders 35-6

what a difference to last weeks game, great defence, good ball handling, and the ability to move the ball wide, meant the Crusaders were able to keep the Sharks tryless, and scoreless in the 2nd half. New signing Zac Guilford a standout player imo

Stormers v Brumbies, Brumbies 19-17

didnt watch this game, but apparently it was a tryless game till the very end, Stomers could have drawn, but missed the conversion after the siren

Wales v France, France 26-20

didnt see the game, any thoughts tigerfish? France should be unbeatable now? and take it?

Predictions for the 6Nations

England v Ireland, gee tough call. England by 3

Italy v Scotland, Scotland by 10

Updates

Crusaders v Sharks, Crusaders 35-6

what a difference to last weeks game, great defence, good ball handling, and the ability to move the ball wide, meant the Crusaders were able to keep the Sharks tryless, and scoreless in the 2nd half. New signing Zac Guilford a standout player imo

Stormers v Brumbies, Brumbies 19-17

didnt watch this game, but apparently it was a tryless game till the very end, Stomers could have drawn, but missed the conversion after the siren

Wales v France, France 26-20

didnt see the game, any thoughts tigerfish? France should be unbeatable now? and take it?

Predictions for the 6Nations

England v Ireland, gee tough call. England by 3

Italy v Scotland, Scotland by 10

i thought the welsh were unlucky. the two french trys, interceptions, and the french in the second half were all at sea. there was a sinn binning around the 65 minute mark, but the welsh couldnt capitalised on it, just as they had got themselves back in the game.

as for the big clash today, i would love to see england win and mayby theres a slight chance with ireland having to make a few changes to their side. but, my head tells me the boys in green by 7-9 points.

italy could do the scots though, especially if they take heart from the performance against england 2 weeks back. home advantage aswell.

what the hel_l, italy by 4-5 points.

Edited by tigerfish

Yes they need more of the Irish flair

Precisely why Ireland haven't won it, instead of the dour penalties and drop goal mentality, remind me again how many tries England have scored in their 3 finals?

You carry on entertaining......... :) .......at least once England proved they can take on the best in the world and WIN.