If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? 4

Jockstar

6 minutes ago, bannork said:

What a shame Lennon was taken so young. I wonder what he would say about Donald Trump and Brexit.

I am  afraid that I am rather cynical about that.....

So many honest, true, idealistic people in R&R, entertainment,  politics, business have not been able to cope with being famous & rich.

Maybe Roger Waters, Cleese, Mandela - can't think of many others.

Only the ones that die young seem to escape that fate.

51 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

I am  afraid that I am rather cynical about that.....

So many honest, true, idealistic people in R&R, entertainment,  politics, business have not been able to cope with being famous & rich.

Maybe Roger Waters, Cleese, Mandela - can't think of many others.

Only the ones that die young seem to escape that fate.

Lennon was always into politics and talking about the outside world, and he was intelligent and perceptive in my view. Honest in his emotions too,  to me the  1970 Plastic Ono band  album is among the best in rock 

4 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Lovely little town 

Living in Connemara, self and friends went to one of the festivals in the 70s. Sadly I got too tanked up to remember anything.

Love Ireland, everyone should go there at least once in their lives, so very different from England in terms of pace of  life.

1 hour ago, bannork said:

Living in Connemara, self and friends went to one of the festivals in the 70s. Sadly I got too tanked up to remember anything.

Love Ireland, everyone should go there at least once in their lives, so very different from England in terms of pace of  life.

Spent a few years living in West Clare, never felt so at home since. Witnessed the Clare hurling team win the 1995 all-Ireland for the first time since 1914.....  absolute mayhem.

• Like 1