If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? 4

Jockstar

16 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Does anybody else have a Déjà Vu with this song?

Self and friend were hitch hiking down the M1 in the summer and we got picked up by a Volkswagen with 3 guys on the front seat/bench singing along with this. Fun and happy times. Great music.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bannork said:

Waiting for love in the sugar cane fields- Tutsi in Supan no doubt.

nah...tutsi looks fer love with the unsuspecting veg vendors at the talat: 'bend over them cukes, babe...just a little bit more...yew know what I like!'...

mostly rice paddies around here and east toward Ayudttaya where we gots good river soil and irrigation...they gots sugar cane next door in Kanchana and Nakhon Pathom where it ain't so good...

and there's also the teenaged girls at the corner shop: 'lookin' good, babe' with a gentle squeeze of their lovely tight backsides...I'm just a harmless charming old falang with diabetes and high blood pressure and I can get away with anything...

• Like 1

On 2/9/2018 at 7:29 PM, Slaps said:

Well they shake their heads and they look at me as if I've  lost my mind

Lennon announcing the dream was over back in 1970. That terrible day of his murder back in 1980 sometimes seems just like yesterday.  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, bannork said:

I was listening to this when I was 12. A great song to sing along to and play on the guitar. 

1970 and I was on mescaline, an unexpected big dose (5 x in a big horse cap as I found out later) and I was in a bad way, total confusion...on the golden gate bridge from the marin side to SF...got off somewhere near golden gate park and decided that I needed to get back to Berkeley and familiar surroundings so that I wouldn't lose it completely...

there was an onramp at the bottom of Oak Street near the Haight but I forgot about that one and then began my epic psychedelic journey on foot from the Haight to North Beach where I was sure that there was an onramp back to the eastbay at the bottom of Broadway...

block by city block there were horrific apparitions with hoodlums and incipient violence and then soothing places with park benches...but I shivered with fear...

finally got back to Berkeley and bought a sixpack of Ranier Ale and calmed down...and then I thought: 'why didn't I get some beer on the walk to north beach? it certainly would've made things easier going...' no logical thought when one is fleeing, however...

it rattled the walls and shivered me timbers, horrible flashbacks and panic attacks...took about 6 months to get right again...

but that never stopped me from taking acid again...

'there must be some way outta here...there's too much confusion, I can't get no relief...' (better with jimi than with bob)

Edited by tutsiwarrior
  • Like 1