Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

Snowflake. Which dealer did you go in to?

A mate just called LKS on Soi Sutthiphon (Rama 9).

They said the bikes are in stock but they can't sell or register them until the New Year because personnel are on holiday... go figure!

Registration doesn't matter, usually they give you a receipt and a red plate and then in a month or two you get the greenbook and proper plate. If they have them on the showroom floor there is no reason why you can't drive it away. More likely they are already sold or earmarked for someone.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snowflake. Which dealer did you go in to?

A mate just called LKS on Soi Sutthiphon (Rama 9).

They said the bikes are in stock but they can't sell or register them until the New Year because personnel are on holiday... go figure!

Registration doesn't matter, usually they give you a receipt and a red plate and then in a month or two you get the greenbook and proper plate. If they have them on the showroom floor there is no reason why you can't drive it away. More likely they are already sold or earmarked for someone.

Agreed.

Maybe something lost in the translation from my buddy...

Would like to be sorted this weekend but then wouldn't we all :D

wanke_rs!

Went over to the dealer that promised to call me when it arrives. Surprise surprise it's sitting in the middle of the shop. Apparently the call never came because the sales manager is on holiday until next week. Will call then. But they also want to keep the bike for 7 more days to 'show'. Ohh, and the price is up to 110,000 without tax, ins, or reg.

Went to the dealer in Ari, they were just putting theirs on the display, 120,000thb not inc. tax, insurance, and reg. Obviously the dumb farang price.

So now I can apparently wait until next week and pay 110k+ all tax/ins/reg.

Not comfortable paying that price others are on about buying it for under 103,000b including EVERYTHING!

If anyone knows a dealer that has one for sale, now, for under 110k I'll only be to happy to pop round there now with their money.

Anyone?

Edited by appropriate

What fuel are people planning to use?

In the broucher it says it can run on the following:

Benzine 91 (red) - 37.6 thb

Gasohol 91 (green) - 31.3 thb

Gasohol 95 (orange) - 33.8 thb

E20 - 30.4 thb

I've never been one to watch gas prices or buy based on the price, but 7b per liter is nearly 100b per tank fill, between Benzine 91 and E20.

Anybody any ideas on which one they'll use. My old little 150 was Benzine 91 all the way.

I don't fancy chopping and changing between the different kinds so will probably just stick with gasohol.

Cheers chaps.

Edited by appropriate

went to three different shops and all of them are selling for 130,000 including registration and insurance.

besides, all the bikes they are showing now already been sold one month ago god knows how as i am asking them to deposit the down payment for a month. again they made me feel the difference of being a farang in Thailand.

new years and new years.

Today I took my Honda to the dealer(CM) to have the oil changed.

The super cute salesgirl came running out, I thought wow she likes me, but no, she said

"today at 4pm we will recieve the 250 in red"...really I said, I'll come back then.

I did. All I can say is what a pretty bike specially in candy apple red....NICE!

The price, styling and honda brand name I am willing to bet anyone that this will outsell the Ninjette 5:1 - my most conservative guess.

What are we betting Nikster? I think I'd be willing to take that bet B)

I am open to suggestions - I'd say in 2011 to be fair so initial demand and / or supply problems don't factor in so much. A case of beer? Something more special? What do you want to give me, let me know :)

Hehehe. I realize 5-1 is betting that the CBR250R is going to be a huge runaway success, but I am pretty confident that's going to happen. I think Honda will pull a Scoopy-i again - doing absolutely nothing for years, waiting until the market is ready, then wipe the floor with the competition.

The racer in you will say "but... the Ninja 250R is a way better bike" - that may be so, the way you (ab)use it, squeezing it for every last bit of performance. But for the average new-to-big-bikes person the performance differences will be academic. I think what counts the most is looks, followed by price, followed by brand name, with actual performance at #4. Looks is about even as both of these machines look awesome; price, the CBR wins by a staggering 33%, brand name no contest. They'll fly out the doors.

It is a bit of nonsense what the Ninja 250 riders are posting; don't know who pi$$ed in their Cheerios, but it's getting stale real quickly.

I'm of the mind that at least 5:1 also in sales. Just a glance at Honda's, what 80%(?), dominance of marketshare should put it in proper prospective.

Finally you're not really 'abusing' the Ninja running it all day at 9000+ RPM; it's pretty much silky smooth up there and we've yet to hear of anyone's faltering...I'm obviously a Honda whore but I am a bit leery of any new design--and that's what the engine is. If I were going to purchase a CBR 250R I'd definitely wait to get feedback as far as longevity is concerned in regards to the powerplant. I'll also state that for a n00b the greater torque of the CBR will be better than the higher revving Ninja.

Money is now ready, I am going to Honda at 1400... I wonder what will happen???

Will I ride this weekend on a new bike or do I have to wait...

Well, I can wait for new years....

Good luck, think you need cause at many dealers they were booked or sold already.

btw anyone seen a black one yet seem most shops ordered the red.

went to three different shops and all of them are selling for 130,000 including registration and insurance.

besides, all the bikes they are showing now already been sold one month ago god knows how as i am asking them to deposit the down payment for a month. again they made me feel the difference of being a farang in Thailand.

new years and new years.

Seems the Honda dealers will charge whatever the market will bear, eh?

Higher prices for round eyes? TiT Honda APe style... <_<

So that's 130K Baht for the non-ABS version? Wonder what they'll be asking for the ABS version...

At least Kawa's prices are fixed. 147.5K Baht for the Ninjette 250R

For only 17.5K Baht more, (the price of a good helmet) the more powerful Ninja 250R should certainly continue to sell well.

Can't wait to see the CB"R" 250 - Ninjette 250 go head to head. I remain convinced the Ninjette will be worth the extra baht.

And please, all you CBR fans, don't take this as a diss against the new CBR. It's a very cheap bike, will hopefully prove to be of typical Honda quality, and is no doubt excellent value for money.

Ride On!

Tony

ps. Any of you hear about the recall of the new Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R? :blink:

wow, they are gonna buy back all the Kawasaki Ninja ZX10Rs!

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/kawasaki-ninja-zx-10r-technical-hold/

And here is something that CBR250R owners may be able to gloat about, if the rumour is true then there is also a potential problem with some of the Ninja 250Rs! Aas Dave said, the CBR250R engine is a new design, but at least both companies will do the right thing and sort any problems if they occur.

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/recall/recall-kawasaki-ninja-205r-ex250/

Edited by taichiplanet

new years and new years.

Seems the Honda dealers will charge whatever the market will bear, eh?

Higher prices for round eyes? TiT Honda APe style... <_<

So that's 130K Baht for the non-ABS version? Wonder what they'll be asking for the ABS version...

At least Kawa's prices are fixed. 147.5K Baht for the Ninjette 250R

For only 17.5K Baht more, (the price of a good helmet) the more powerful Ninja 250R should certainly continue to sell well.

Can't wait to see the CB"R" 250 - Ninjette 250 go head to head. I remain convinced the Ninjette will be worth the extra baht.

And please, all you CBR fans, don't take this as a diss against the new CBR. It's a very cheap bike, will hopefully prove to be of typical Honda quality, and is no doubt excellent value for money.

Ride On!

Tony

ps. Any of you hear about the recall of the new Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R? :blink:

BBBkk the offers at 130k baht are a rip off, several person on thai boards bought it around 103k till 110k on the road. Cause looks like demand atm is hight than availability so dealers try their best to get some extra $$$$. But as u said first comparisons against the ninja will be interesting.

As other posters have said, it not a massive difference in price. The Ninja was 139,900 when I bought it including over 5000 baht of quality accessories (OEM seat cowl etc.) so it's pretty much worth the extra for a parallel twin and the pleasure of dealing with Kawasaki Thailand as opposed to Ape Thailand.

As for sales figures, unless you have shares in either company who cares? If I see 3 or 4 CBR250's at every light and rarely see the Ninja 250R then I won't be losing any sleep, same as Ducati or Triumph owners probably don't care that not many people have the same bike as them.

The CBR250 will be a decent enough bike, but the idea that Ninja 250R owners are crying into their beer is a bit silly IMO.

Be interesting to see the head to head. My guess is it will be close with the Ninja edging it but we'll wait and see :)

Edited by JonnyF

http://www.asphaltan...technical-hold/

And here is something that CBR250R owners may be able to gloat about, if the rumour is true then there is also a potential problem with some of the Ninja 250Rs! Aas Dave said, the CBR250R engine is a new design, but at least both companies will do the right thing and sort any problems if they occur.

http://www.asphaltan...nja-205r-ex250/

Interesting about the EX250 recall, but fortunately it's only for 259 bikes. Guess there must have been a bad batch of engine cases that slipped past QC. Regardless, the EX250 is unchanged since the update in 2008 and I beat the crap out of mine but never managed to blow it up or break anything. Tough as nails that little bike! Ride On! Tony

http://www.asphaltan...technical-hold/

http://www.asphaltan...nja-205r-ex250/

Interesting about the EX250 recall, but fortunately it's only for 259 bikes. Guess there must have been a bad batch of engine cases that slipped past QC. Regardless, the EX250 is unchanged since the update in 2008 and I beat the crap out of mine but never managed to blow it up or break anything. Tough as nails that little bike! Ride On! Tony

Hopefully the CBR250 turns out to be as tough. Also it is worth re-mentioning that besides the 3 year warranty the CBR250 comes with a Nationwide Roadside Assistance. I think that is free if you buy before the end of year, don't know how much it will cost next year, but guess it won't be much. Also you will be able to take the CBR to any approved dealer for servicing/maintenance within Thailand, not just where you bought it. Just waiting for someonme to make a crack about having the need for roadside assistance! :)

If Kwaka bring out the Ninja 250 with ABS for around the same price as it is now, then that would make the choice much more interesting! With the EU aiming to have all bikes over 125cc to have compulsory ABS by 2017, we should see a lot more bikes with systems like the Bosch Generation 9 ABS in a couple of years.

Edited by taichiplanet

As other posters have said, it not a massive difference in price. The Ninja was 139,900 when I bought it including over 5000 baht of quality accessories (OEM seat cowl etc.) so it's pretty much worth the extra for a parallel twin and the pleasure of dealing with Kawasaki Thailand as opposed to Ape Thailand.

As for sales figures, unless you have shares in either company who cares? If I see 3 or 4 CBR250's at every light and rarely see the Ninja 250R then I won't be losing any sleep, same as Ducati or Triumph owners probably don't care that not many people have the same bike as them.

The CBR250 will be a decent enough bike, but the idea that Ninja 250R owners are crying into their beer is a bit silly IMO.

Be interesting to see the head to head. My guess is it will be close with the Ninja edging it but we'll wait and see :)

It's most interesting that in my travels around LOS (granted little of that was in BKK), I have yet to see a Ninja 250 on the road unless it was part of a planned ride with me.....mostly I believe it's a stab at those (apparent?) Ninja owners who are thread crapping. I don't think that ~2/3 the price equates into an un-"massive" difference either. At current prices that's some 175 tanks of E20!

It's most interesting that in my travels around LOS (granted little of that was in BKK), I have yet to see a Ninja 250 on the road unless it was part of a planned ride with me.....mostly I believe it's a stab at those (apparent?) Ninja owners who are thread crapping. I don't think that ~2/3 the price equates into an un-"massive" difference either. At current prices that's some 175 tanks of E20!

Yeah but Dave, you've hardly ridden in Thailand.

How many km on your Ninjette now?

I assure you they are out there-

And anyways, just because a certain motorcycle (think Honda Phantom) is more "common" certainly doesn't mean it's "better" (think BMW S1000RR) does it? Strange logic you're using there my friend :)

There seems to be, in my humble opinion, a bit of "irrational exuberance" regarding this new CBR250.

Yes, it's a nice looking bike and it's cheap. And ABS on a 250cc bike is quite revolutionary.

Beyond that I really don't see what all the excitement is about. It's only a 250cc bike after all, and to keep price low Honda made it a single, much to the chagrin of many who were hoping for a twin.

End result is a cheap and capable 250 misbadged as a CBR that's a bit overweight and underpowered compared to its closest competitor, the Kwacker Ninjette 250R.

Really comes down to what you're looking for.

If you want to win races you'll buy the Ninja 250R. If you want a nice looking cheap 250cc bike then the CBR 250 will fit the bill nicely. Then again, a Tiger Boxer 250RS is probably just as capable as the new CBR, but quite a bit cheaper.

I'm sorry if you consider this "thread crapping". I'm just sharing my two satang. :jap:

Ride On!

Tony

Edited by BigBikeBKK

somewhere in the thread before someone mentioned that the cbr25o will be the replacement for the 2 stroke racing series bikes. not sure but this could be it?

post-77479-0-98128600-1292561248_thumb.j

post-77479-0-61174200-1292561261_thumb.j

post-77479-0-67507500-1292561270_thumb.j

That looks like someone has set up a riding school (performance) using the CBR250 . Seems as tho they must have a direct Honda contact to get a fleet before available in the showrooms.

The MotoGP 125 2stroke class is being replaced by 250cc 4 stroke engines. (of any make) But they will be custom built race bikes. The CBR250 no matter how good, couldnt possibly be in the hunt against full featured race bikes.

The Honda 250 single just possibly may?? be the basis of some entrants engine but re-worked and tuned until you wouldnt recognise it as a CBR250 engine.

@Tony

For Thai it is all about the looks and that is why the CBR150r will be a very good sell and followed by the CBR250r as a good sell. And at least here in Pattaya there will be much more showrooms with CBR150 and CBR250 as there are with Kawa's (only 1 showroom). And Honda has much more fame as Kawasaki in Thailand, so yes I think selling-wise Honda will win from Kawa.

Chang Noi

BTW Just came from the Kawa-dealer and 2 new Versys' were off-loaded. Now ordering, delivery in Jan. The manager said "If I had 10 right now I could sell them all this weekend".

As other posters have said, it not a massive difference in price.

Nice back-pedaling, Jonny.....B)

I, and pretty much anybody else, would call 33% a significant, if not massive, price difference for comparable machines.

And I'm not dissing the Ninja 250 owners. I feel badly for them that Kawasaki sold them an over-priced bike.

And that will cost them money when they resell. They paid almost Bt.50k more than the Honda, and if they want to resell, they will have to under-price the Honda. So maybe a loss of Bt.70K for a 2 year-old bike. Ouch! That's almost 50%. :(

The above figures are based on the real selling price of the Honda (not present early-purchaser gouging) and the current price of the 250 Ninja (Bt.149K)

I must admit that i was very tempted when i saw a 2010 Ninja 250 on PhuketGazette.net. Then i realised I can buy a brand new bike and have 36,000 left to buy other toys!

Can we get a first hand review yet appropriate, snowflake? Don't keep us all waiting!

Edited by Kernow86

Then again, a Tiger Boxer 250RS is probably just as capable as the new CBR, but quite a bit cheaper.

I'm sorry if you consider this "thread crapping". I'm just sharing my two satang. :jap:

Ride On!

Tony

Yep, that's thread-crapping Tony.

Just be glad (I'm sure you are), that you are a past owner of a Ninja 250 or it would be you that was out Bt70K.

Kudos to Dave for not expressing any bitterness.

Ok, the review...

Went down there with lots of money to buy the bike... Not there yet, not sure when it would come, other people infront of me...

Farang not happy (Me that is)...

I told them that I asked long time ago, my friend (the Nayok) was with me so I was quickly shifted to the top of the queue/line...

Unfortunatly they did not have the bike inn so I would have to wait... (as I suspected)...

I then threw 30000B on the table, told them to speed up and get me one from another branch...

My mate asked about the price... Wait... 100000K flat for the non ABS model... So I said deal, papers were drawn up and I will now have to wait maybe a week or so...

Which is ok since I have my midterm tests next week and I should really pay attention to my work then - wait, my boss is sending me out of town on a school trip so I won't be here :-)

The pain with living far away from Bangkok is that we get the good stuff last! BUT for 100000 compared to someone saying 130000, I can wait a bit longer...

Sorry for no update, but a bike with my name is on the way, and believe me, I will tell you what it is like as I will run it inn in a day or so:-)

As other posters have said, it not a massive difference in price.

Nice back-pedaling, Jonny.....B)

I, and pretty much anybody else, would call 33% a significant, if not massive, price difference for comparable machines.

And I'm not dissing the Ninja 250 owners. I feel badly for them that Kawasaki sold them an over-priced bike.

And that will cost them money when they resell. They paid almost Bt.50k more than the Honda, and if they want to resell, they will have to under-price the Honda. So maybe a loss of Bt.70K for a 2 year-old bike. Ouch! That's almost 50%. :(

The above figures are based on the real selling price of the Honda (not present early-purchaser gouging) and the current price of the 250 Ninja (Bt.149K)

Back pedalling? I've said from the start that the Honda is a cheap alternative to the Ninja, more akin to the Tiger Boxer than the Ninja. Nothing wrong with that but it is what it is - no matter how enthusiastic people are about the Honda badge it is still a cheap looking single. I'm sure it will sell well.

As for affecting resale price, they're different bikes with different specs which will appeal to people with different tastes. Does a Mini lose value because a Honda City is released at 30% of the price? Of course not.

Then again, a Tiger Boxer 250RS is probably just as capable as the new CBR, but quite a bit cheaper.

Ride On!

Tony

Yep, that's thread-crapping Tony.

Just be glad (I'm sure you are), that you are a past owner of a Ninja 250 or it would be you that was out Bt70K.

Kudos to Dave for not expressing any bitterness.

If Dave is happy with his Ninja 250 which he had now about 2-3 years (?) why should he be bitter? Riding Bikes is a passion - resale value is one thing but enjoying your ride another .

I'd rather have a bike which i enjoy riding than buying one because it hold better resale value? Ideally both are combined , but have a look and see how many 2nd hand Ninja 250's are for sale? It seems their Owners are happy with the Ninja's.

mbox

I was quoted 110,000 for the normal bike and 120,000 for the ABS version in a Greenwing in Chiang Rai today, lovely looking bike but seat is too low and close to the footpegs to be a viable option, will stick with the D-Tracker or KLX purchase next month. I asked about the Mugen version and they didn't know what I was talking about!