Pick Up Export To U.k.

marshbags

Can anyone provide info on exporting to the U.K. and costs ect. and import taxes on a pick up 18 month old and the best method please?

Also would a Isuzu D max be o.k to safely put on the road legally from the Thai spec be acceptable.

My pick up has 6,400 genuine used K.Ms on it and i fancy taking it back with me to avoid any hassle of selling out here and currency problems.

I,ve had it from new and really like it.

Thanks marshbags.

Apparently the D-Max doesn't have any glow plugs to heat the block a bit before starting in the cold weather, the newer commonrail one does though I think.

You need to check if there's a model report for this truck, if not then you'll have a hard time registering it over there.

Heaters can be installed here for around 18K.

PM me if you want more info.

A 20' container is around 88K to Southamton at the moment.

Many thanks for your much appreciated information Terdsak and Raro.

May i ask for further information please.

What is a model report, is this the book i got when i bought the car ?

If it is, it,s in Thai and i will need to try and get an English version from Isuzu.

Regarding the heaters should it be done by the dealers for the best results ?

Regarding the container shipment, how does this compare to ro ro please.

I hope other members find this topic useful also.

Thanks again for your help and time. marshbags

A model report is what you buy in the UK from a company that has ested your car to confirm it conforms to EU standards. You need to check if they're available for your truck. They are for the Toyota Vigo, but so far I haven't shipped any Isuzus, no ones interested in them!!!

I doubt Isuzu will be able to install a heater for you as they not need for the local market. All the heaters we install are after market ones installed by a 3rd party mechanic.

Ro ro to the UK is around 60,000 Baht, they're pretty unreliable, but generally there's one a month. Containers leave every week, and are fully enclosed so less chance your car being knocked.

Cheers.

I'm currently waiting for a model report to come out for these babies in the UK.

NewTriton2.jpg

Can anyone provide info on exporting to the U.K. and costs ect. and import taxes on a pick up 18 month old and the best method please?

Also would a Isuzu D max be o.k to safely put on the road legally from the Thai spec be acceptable.

My pick up has 6,400 genuine used K.Ms on it and i fancy taking it back with me to avoid any hassle of selling out here and currency problems.

I,ve had it from new and really like it.

Thanks  marshbags.

just as a matter of interest, I asked a mate of mine that owsn a large freight forwarder how much to ship etc...these are inclusive of surcharges except for local terminal charges at both ends

1) 1x20ft FCL ex Bangkok to UK Port (Felixstowe/Tilbury) - Commodity Vehicles

Freight:        USD 1,650/20' (All in)

Line:            COSCO

Frequency:    Saturday, Wednesday.

Transit Time:  24-26 days

Valid:            11/12/05