Act Of Parliament To Help Thaksin: Chalerm

webfact

Act of Parliament to help Thaksin: Chalerm

The Nation

Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung on Tuesday confirmed the government would enact a legislation to restore justice for "everyone", including former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

"Right timing is the key to issue an act of Parliament for all parties (involved in the political turbulence)," he said.

Chalerm said the government would await for the work completion by the Truth for Reconciliation Commission before deciding the next step.

He said he believed the legislation to grant amnesty to all parties involved in the political conflict would not be opposed.

He said the draft decree on pardon would not be applicable for Thaksin as the government had openly planned to rescue him from the legal predicament via an legislative act for amnesty.

"Only those defeated in the last general election are displeased with Thaksin's rescue," he said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-11-22

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Justice for everyone? Including for cases of asset concealment (Remember the "honest mistake"?), which would have make someone unfit to serve as PM?

Yes, Khun Chalerm, "right timing is the key", which you so evidently messed up in the first round.

Thaksin doesn't need to be rescued, Thailand needs to be rescued from greed, corruption and addiction to power.

So what is going on now ?? Looks like the Royal Pardon attempt pretty much went down in flames. So now they are trying to do it through government decree ?? Or is Thaksin's name still on the Royal Pardon being submitted but they are denying it is? To call Thai politics murky is a bit of an understatement.......But I suppose Thaksin spent a lot of money to get his sister elected, and he wants full value for it. Meaning he will continue to tear Thailand apart until he gets to sit on the PM chair again. His statements of wanting to do what is best for Thailand are ringing a bit hollow...

Edited by EyesWideOpen

PM Orders Governors to Estimate Damages while Refusing to Comment on Royal Decree

The prime minister has ordered the governors of flood-hit provinces to estimate damages in their provinces and immediately provide relief to flood victims through progressive assistance measures.

Meanwhile, she refused to provide any comment about a decree issuing a royal pardon for her brother, the former prime minister.

Prime Minster Yingluck Shinawatra talked about the remediation measures for flood victims, saying that in principle, the relief measures for Bangkok have been approved.

The Bangkok governor and other governors of flood-hit provinces have been ordered to examine and estimate damages to accommodate and provide relief to flood victims through progressive assistance measures, other than primarily providing 5,000 baht compensation, and that she will later study the details carefully again.

She further confirmed that the government will take best care of its citizens.

Once estimated damages are submitted, the government will immediately provide compensation, even before the situation normalizes.

However, Yingluck refused to provide any comments about a decree that issued a royal pardon for her brother, former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-11-22

footer_n.gif

Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung on Tuesday confirmed the government would enact a legislation to restore justice for "everyone", including former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

"He said he believed the legislation to grant amnesty to all parties involved in the political conflict would not be opposed".

How pathetic. First of all he and everyone else know he is lying. Secondly he is insulting the intelligence of every Thai person in this country.

"He said he believed the legislation to grant amnesty to all parties involved in the political conflict would not be opposed".

How pathetic. First of all he and everyone else know he is lying. Secondly he is insulting the intelligence of every Thai person in this country.

Who are you to speak for the people of Thailand.

Most people still love him.

Most of the Many Very Very Very Very Very Thails that I known and the few poor ones also love him.

I think the only people who do not love him are Farang bar owners and their Customers

Edited by harryfrompattaya

Wiping the slate clean of politically related crimes for the last 5 years is NOT "restoring justice".

Seems like the choice is either peace or justice. A tough one, to be sure.

There won't be peace if Thaksin avoids justice.

The Democrats and the PAD have said they don't want an amnesty. The red shirts only seem to want amnesty from after the coup and don't seem too happy about amnesty for Abhisit.

It seems, once again, that it's only for Thaksin.

From the above article, it states that Thaksin's name is not on the list, but that the language remains unchanged from the earlier draft...

I would guess that they confirmed Thaksin's name is not on the list to settle things down, but want to keep the same languagein the pardon request.

That way if it gets signed this year, then there will be precedant for pardoning people convicted of coruption. If so, then it will be a shorter step to include Thaksin into the pardon request next year...

If the only issue is the" fugutive on the run" problem, he could then come back and turn him self in a couple of days before the pardon approval to ensure that he qualifies to be on the list...

Baby steps ....

Most of the Many Very Very Very Very Very Thails that I known and the few poor ones also love him.

I think the only people who do not love him are Farang bar owners and their Customers

Most people still love him? :rolleyes:

I didn't realise that the PAD and a large number of Thai people frequented Farang owned bars.

He said he believed the legislation to grant amnesty to all parties involved in the political conflict would not be opposed.

Sure, not a soul in Thailand will be opposed....it's the right thing to do...just ask anyone on the streets....need to get this done fast (preferably when nobody is looking) since everyone is wondering why it hasn't been done already.

From the above article, it states that Thaksin's name is not on the list, but that the language remains unchanged from the earlier draft...

I would guess that they confirmed Thaksin's name is not on the list to settle things down, but want to keep the same languagein the pardon request.

That way if it gets signed this year, then there will be precedant for pardoning people convicted of coruption. If so, then it will be a shorter step to include Thaksin into the pardon request next year...

If the only issue is the" fugutive on the run" problem, he could then come back and turn him self in a couple of days before the pardon approval to ensure that he qualifies to be on the list...

Baby steps ....

The "earlier draft" that they are referring to is last year's draft.

But that's for the pardon for December 5.

What this thread is about is for "legislation to grant amnesty to all parties involved in the political conflict".

How thick is this feeble excuse for a Deputy Prime Minister. Justice for everyone involved in the political conflict won't be opposed? It was Thaksin and his Black and Red henchmen that were all at the forefront and the reason for the violent conflict. This pathetic excuse of a political party drags Thailand deeper into lawless dirt with every ridiculous statement and action that they put forward all over one worthless convicted criminal.

Wrong , you are obviously not talking about people from Bangkok and Very Very Very Very many other people from other areas of Thailand

After living in this country for 17 years, paying yearly taxes and having a Thai family I think I have at least a small insite of the Thai people.

There are two classes of people who "love him". One is the hi-so "elite" cronies that are in bed with him so to speak. The other one is the poor people he has duped into beliving he loves them and has them at the pennacle of his heart.

As for Farang bar owners and their Customers I cannot address that because I am neither.

Maybe you can explain why you love him and I can be corrected that there are three classes that "love him".

I think it is a good idea. Chalerm should be commended for offering a clean slate to Abhisit and Suthep and I'd imagine the PAD as they are part of the political conflict. The best bit is with the slate wiped clean they can all start again from scratch - Yipeeee!

Chalerm, wiping the slate clean does not rid the country of its underlying problems, that is a very simplistic view and one only a buffoon would subscribe to.

My own view is the real power brokers in PTP are sensing their popularity on the wane and are scrambling to shore up its power base by any means necessary.

It was strongly opposed this week mr. chaler, now you are suggesting that if the wrapping is changed just a little nobody will oppose it.

Again mr. chalerm you think that the vast majority of Thais are fools.

So mr. chalerm 'justice for everybody'. Does that include justice for the people assassinated under thakin's supervision in his war on drugs, and the deaths in the tak bai incident?

Edited by scorecard

It was strongly opposed this week mr. chaler, now you are suggesting that if the wrapping is changed just a little nobody will oppose it.

Again mr. chalerm you think that the vast majority of Thais are fools.

So mr. chalerm 'justice for everybody'. Does that include justice for the people assassinated under thakin's supervision in his war on drugs, and the deaths in the tak bai incident?

Not so fast. We have to first hear mr. chalerm's twisted definition of everybody.

According to the Bangkok Post Chalerm is saying that he won't be back before the New Year, but they'll find another way to bring him back next year.

Seems like they're going to use the consequences of the military-led attempt to take back the RED SHIRT ARMED OCCUPATION OF THE BANGKOK CPD as a bargaining chip.

lets hope it stays with ridiculous.

dangerous is more what i call it.

i am outright pessimistic on the middle long term political consequences(turmoil) this sort of nationalistic behavior

will produce for Thai AND foreigners in Thailand

This is all getting pretty ridiculous now.

True, it's been ridiculous for years, but these are not the actions of a government that has any form of long-term stability or reconciliation in mind.

Sad.

Most of the Many Very Very Very Very Very Thai's that I known and the few poor ones also love him.

And who are you also to speak for the people of Thailand?

I have been coming to, working in and living in Thailand for 18 years now.

I am neither a bar owner nor a customer whoever I do have a stake in the country through my wife and 7 year old son and I can remember the time back in 2001 when the rules of justice were kicked aside and ignored for his "honest" mistake about knowing where and who held onto "his" money, some billions of baht IIRC.

At least 3 of the judges ignored the facts and the law and allowed him to become Prime Minister.

Oddly enough that same week another member of the TRT party was also brought to justice under the very same laws and gave the very same excuse.

Guess what?

He was found guilty and the election in his constituency was taken again.

Double standards anyone?

If you want to add in the inconvenient part about Thaksin being Prime Minister when the coup was called in 2006 it is simply not true at all.

He called a snap election and when the results came in even though the opposition boycotted the vote the PTP still could not win.

He had a time period to call another election and during this period he was only the acting Prime Minister.

He then publicly went to the King and resigned from being the PM and walked away. 3 weeks later he took back the PM post illegally and was not ratified by HM the King, went off to New York and the rest is history.

As I am sure that you would never believe anything that The Post or The Nation prints I Googled for you and found this link from the UK.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2006/apr/05/thailand

I am sure that if you really wanted you could do your own research (mine took only a couple of minutes) and learn more about your "hero".