New Pcx 150

tekinsel

"You are correct about US Federal road safety laws, the 250cc limit was put in place many many years ago because normally the weight to power ratio of the bike is high enough to not allow a person to be "blown" of the road by passing traffic especially big trucks. Yes in America the speed limits are higher but the roads are also significantly better. The highway speed limits in Thailand are 90kph (bike roads), the Toll Roads which we can't ride our bikes on are 120kph and YES those roads, most of them are in excellent shape, lot of crazy drivers to.

Of note I used to own a 125cc PCX, drove it from Bangkok to Pattaya several times with no dramas. Unfortunately to keep up with moderate traffic you have to be running around 90-100kph and the bike tops out at around 105kph (electronically limited mostly due to RPM limit of engine being reached and not the variator weights). The bike never did feel unstable although maybe a little light for that high a speed, bigger engine would have helped this out in the weight and power areas..."

Good grief ! Road laws are regulated by each state, Not the federal government. When was the last time you noticed a federal police car on the road, (anywhere out side of DC that is ?) Where I don't know every states law reguarding Engine size, I do know California, Oregon, Colorado and some others are 150cc Some state don't have limit sizes such as Hawaii

As for the roads in Thailand the speed limit for Cars and motorcycles, not Semi or BIG trucks is 120 kph on AH1 and AH2 as well as many others. Most riders use these for going north and south as I do Chaing Mai to BKK or on south on my PCX

And Lastly, The PCX does not have an Electronic limiter set at 105 as you say. I did work for Honda America for a while and know and ride with the Designer and R&D guys here in Thailand who made the PCX

Yes there is no federal highway patrol but they do hand out most of the highway funds and can pass laws that affect all highways that are financed with federal funds remember 55 miles per hour.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The seat cost 3000 baht from MaiThai in Pattaya they have dozens of designs and colours, feels very comfortable,

Hi Ian,

where is the shop from "MaiThai" in Pattaya?

Thanks Mr.J

The seat cost 3000 baht from MaiThai in Pattaya they have dozens of designs and colours, feels very comfortable,

worth every thb by the looks of it .......if i was a pcx owner ,thats the first thing id be buying ........

When you go to the shop all the prices are in Thai baht

Thus, a new PCX seat, shown at $110 would in the shop cost the equivalent in Thai baht (around 3422 baht?).

just bought one for 3.300 THB there , kept the original one(if not THB 400 discount)

Been into 2 shops today in Pattaya and ask for prices,

Miton (large local dealer): 85000 bath incl the 2 year 80% and transfers, so ready for drive. all 3 colors ready in stock.

Small shop on Sukhumvit near Honda Car dealership: 82600 incl the 2 year 80% and transfers. Have a white & red in stock.

The 2 yearly 80% theft insurance is 3500bath which I think is worth paying for but bear in mind the 2'nd year will only be 60% or app. 50K bath if stolen due to drop in value of bike.

I asked both places regarding the seat/panels. The white color PXC is very nice expect the redish ladyboy seat/panels (okay on the black model).

Miton lady said 3-4000 bath for change to black seat/panels but not 100% sure, boss not there.

Small shop: Lady boss had the calculator out and told me 2600 bath for black seat/panels.

Was up in Buriram a few days ago. Honda dealers there said PCX150 78,800 with everything. In fact they were 7000B cheaper on the CBR250 abs, 5000 on normal 250, 4000B CBR150 than Honda dealers in sukhumvit BKK. Seems like it pays to head out of town a little bit and save yourself a bit of money.

Was up in Buriram a few days ago. Honda dealers there said PCX150 78,800 with everything. In fact they were 7000B cheaper on the CBR250 abs, 5000 on normal 250, 4000B CBR150 than Honda dealers in sukhumvit BKK. Seems like it pays to head out of town a little bit and save yourself a bit of money.

You are right, there was another poster that bought one outside Patts and he also saved a few 1000.

I have however after consulting with the wife decided to sell our little Fino and will try to get that into the deal. I bought the Fino app. 3 years ago and I traded in a Wave then and Miton gave me over 5000 bath more for it than 3 other places was offering so I have to consider that as well. I could maybe sell it privately but are a bit busy right now.

The shop is on Soi Bua Khao on the left side as you drive from Pattaya Thai before LK

http://maithai-motorbikes.com/

Jeeez! Most of the parts they sell for the PCX are almost twice the price than from shops in Bangkok. Especially the 'Bikers' parts. What a rip-off.

Look here.........and they will post to you, same as KD Shop (look for the link on the left of the main page)

http://www.likito.com/products.php?idpro=49

The shop is on Soi Bua Khao on the left side as you drive from Pattaya Thai before LK

http://maithai-motorbikes.com/

Jeeez! Most of the parts they sell for the PCX are almost twice the price than from shops in Bangkok. Especially the 'Bikers' parts. What a rip-off.

Look here.........and they will post to you, same as KD Shop (look for the link on the left of the main page)

http://www.likito.co...ts.php?idpro=49

I can provide good prices on most PCX parts and accessories. Shipping is available as well. Just send me a PM and let me know what you need. Thanks.

Brian

I wonder when Yamaha will make a bike to compete with the PCX? and before you all start it's certainly not the Elegance.

I'd actually consider touring around Thailand with the GF on a PCX, but I certainly wouldn't on an Elegance.

When I was 17 I toured England and Scotland for 1500 miles on a 3 speed bicycle. I think people have gotten a lot weaker since then and a lot dumber.

I bet that you are not 17 now !

I wonder when Yamaha will make a bike to compete with the PCX? and before you all start it's certainly not the Elegance.

I'd actually consider touring around Thailand with the GF on a PCX, but I certainly wouldn't on an Elegance.

When I was 17 I toured England and Scotland for 1500 miles on a 3 speed bicycle. I think people have gotten a lot weaker since then and a lot dumber.

I bet that you are not 17 now !

When I was 50 rode my bicycle around Wales, England, and Scotland that hill to the Scottish border is murder.

I just purchased one from honda dealer in Bowin East of Pattaya yesterday, all in including, 2 years theft insurance 78000. Si Racha and OTT Mityon 85000.

Free delivery to home on darkside

I just ordered a white one same place today. 78500 all incl, they deliver to our home very near Bkk/Pattaya hospital. Eta 7 days from now on.

Thanks for the tip marstons and cordinates for GPSwai.gif , 6500 bath saved which will be used for another seat and still money in the pocket. smile.png

They are really nice people to do business with, if you look around Pattaya many dealers have PCX 150 in stock and they are slow to sell at 85000, stealers are just being greedy and over pricing .Make sure you get a good lock like a Xena disk lock/alarm as 150 PCX are one of the most stolen bikes in Pattaya.

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought one and absolutely love it!

Suprisingly good on fuel too, I'm getting around 40k/lt.

One complaint, there is a slight rattle in the front somewhere when I go over small bumps. When it's time for it's 1000km service I'll get them to look for it.

Not a major rattle, anyone else noticed a slight rattle in the front end?

post-32112-0-36119400-1338548279_thumb.j