Manchester United

redrus

32 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Thanks for the link. Looks like they are measuring them over short distances: "The speed in kilometers per hour (km/h) for a given frame is based on the previous 15 frame-to-frame speeds." 

So doesn't surprise me a small nippy guy would win. Over 100m however, someone like  Lukaku or Pogba would win I think. Look at the build of 100m sprinters, tells you all you need to know.

I think before the PL era they did have a 100m race for some of the fastest players in the 1st Division (not everyone competed) - I think Andrei Kanchelskis won that or have a completely imagined that?

Nice footballer Lukaku but in a 100m sprint might be a bleeder. Short distances always go with the Quarter Horses.:thumbsup:

Pogba might not be fast (to some) but he doesn't need to be, try getting the ball off him - he goes through players like hot butter, I would almost call him awkward to the extent opposition players don't know how to deal with him.............that is his strength, he is a threat that is identified that way and uses up resource trying to shut him down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I think at full pelt he is one of, if not the fastest player in the PL. When he is jogging around he has the languid look of a tall guy, so has that 'lazy' look about him.

For me athelticism is being able to run very fast, jump very high, and be very strong. So I can't think of more athletic player in the PL tbh. 

Whether he uses that athletic ability often enough is a different question. 

Fastest players in the Premier lists are often on t'internet - Sane is fastest - and I'm pretty sure Pogba is NOT "one of, if not the fastest player in the PL". Come on Ricky.

2 hours ago, carmine said:

A little word to the wise.  BB doesn't actually know what a "physical player" is. :shock1: Not only did he let it slip, he confirmed he didn't thinking he was being clever,  only to find that he was the only one on the entire forum who didn't know the phrase,  so i shouldn't bother getting into this one either!!

Carmine, I find your post very confusing.

"BB doesn't actually know what a "physical player" is - based upon what exactly?

What did I let it slip?

What/where did i confirm I didn't think I was being clever?

What are on about?

Very STRANGE post that!

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Ah the famous Pakistani sprinter! 

Yeah it never occurred to me Sane was 6ft to be honest. Maybe he is a loss to Belgian athletics.

As for which PL players would do the best in a marathon... probably one of the guys highest in the 'distance covered' list. Always surprised me that David Beckham was high up in the list. 

Sane is a loss to Belgium athletics: I'm at a loss to understand that! 

Sane has a German athletics mum and Senegelese footballing dad and he holds dual German and French citizenship.

Not sure the ability to be a super fast 100m sprinter would be that useful in football which is mainly short sprints.

Walker believes he's faster than Sané and sterling and has challenged them to a race, for charity I believe,  but nothing confirmed.  Pretty sure Walker means a half- or a full pitch sprint.

17 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Fastest players in the Premier lists are often on t'internet - Sane is fastest - and I'm pretty sure Pogba is NOT "one of, if not the fastest player in the PL". Come on Ricky.

Over a short distance, with the ball. I want to see him in a 100m sprint. If Sane wins, fair enough! 

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Sane is a loss to Belgium athletics: I'm at a loss to understand that! 

Sane has a German athletics mum and Senegelese footballing dad and he holds dual German and French citizenship.

Germany then... I forgot. Seems like most good PL players play for Belgium these days! Interesting to see how far they go in the WC.

9 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Can Alexis and Pogba have 2 good games in a row?

Will Jones / Smalling keep their places even if Bailly is fit?

Will Rashford get a start or will he stay loyal to Lingard?

Questions....

answers

maybe

possibly

unsure

........hope this helps :thumbsup:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

He's in esteemed company with Ronaldo 2nd and Choccy 3rd most. Chokky :post-4641-1156694083:

Interesting to see Scholesy never won it. I guess there was always another player who was a bit more flash / scored more goals. 

On 5/2/2018 at 4:05 PM, RickG16 said:

Interesting to see Scholesy never won it. I guess there was always another player who was a bit more flash / scored more goals. 

Or realistically someone simply had a better individual season.  Thats how the players vote.  

7 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

would you even make top 4 without De Gea this season...

Dcf4kr-X4AA7mlh.jpg-large.jpeg

Yes, You know we would not have to play with ten men and have a ample replacement in Romero the Argentinian national keeper.

• Like 1

Very unlike Jose to call out and trash young players in public.  This time, not one but two.  Must be wonderful for team spirit.

He might not rate Rashford but i'd have him at Spurs in an instant.  It would be a terrible shame to see Jose destroy yet more young talent.  

Edited by carmine
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, smedly said:

You know what guys - lots of people I know hate Sir Alex and have voiced it to me on numerous occasions - probably the most successful manager ever in UK football and what is really exceptional is the fact that he is British born and bred.

I give respect based on performance because he earned it which for some is a hard pill to swallow and very hard to admit for some who have fallen fowl of his outstanding legacy.

I do hope that he recovers fully and continues to enjoy his elderly years and his retirement as everyone should

Get well Sir Alex Ferguson you are and always will be a legend 

I agree with all those sentiments and wish him a speedy recovery.  But try to remembers no ones perfect, a sentiment i'm sure Alex Ferguson would agree with!

Whilst i have mixed feelings about certain sides of his character theres no doubting he was a magnificent football manager that has become a modern day icon.  

• Like 1

FCSo Yaya is leaving and all he can talk about is us, how he came to City to put us in city's shadow, well in our worst period in 30 years included since the city take over here is the trophy count. ?

United:

Premier League: 08/09, 10/11, 12/13
FA Cup: 15/16
League Cup: 08/09, 09/10, 16/17
Europa League: 16/17

Total: 8 trophies

Liars:

Premier League: 11/12, 13/14, 17/18
FA Cup: 10/11
League Cup: 13/14, 15/16, 17/18

Total: 7 trophies

That’s some shadow we’re in. Our shittst decade for the best part of 30 years and we’ve still outshone them.

i will just add we could add a fa cup to that too.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, nev said:

FCSo Yaya is leaving and all he can talk about is us, how he came to City to put us in city's shadow, well in our worst period in 30 years included since the city take over here is the trophy count. ?

United:

Premier League: 08/09, 10/11, 12/13
FA Cup: 15/16
League Cup: 08/09, 09/10, 16/17
Europa League: 16/17

Total: 8 trophies

Liars:

Premier League: 11/12, 13/14, 17/18
FA Cup: 10/11
League Cup: 13/14, 15/16, 17/18

Total: 7 trophies

That’s some shadow we’re in. Our shittst decade for the best part of 30 years and we’ve still outshone them.

i will just add we could add a fa cup to that too.

Nev, you shouldn't get wound up by a massive premadona dona that whilst supposedly being an adult throws his toys out because he didn't get a birthday cake!!

Terrific player in his day, world class,  but sounds like a truly pathetic <deleted> of an individual.

• Like 1