British Invasion?

KRS1

Actually at many things they do,I have a friend in the Uk who works for Williams racing on the F1 cars sometimes they send parts off to be made in Japan and when they get them back and test them they're far better than any other ones they get made be it Uk or U.S or German and they still cant figure out "how" they've done it

Oh yeah I forgot about the cars.

Thank you Britain for giving the world Lucas electrical systems and British Leyland. smile.png And let's not forget all those Jaguars you sent over in the 1970's and 1980's. Granted, America produced crap cars during this period too. However, it was not necessary to have parts shipped accross the ocean to repair the crap cars either. smile.png

Yes- LUCAS The Prince of Darkness

Edited by kennedy

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

old KRS1 seems to have bee in his bonnet today, first this then the go at blaming expats for getting shot by their greedy wives...

do tell OP, what's your f' problem?

btw, the brits have always been here - its just the americans are all tied up on the USA election topics, the ozzies are still talking about cricket matches from the 90's to themselves, the kiwis are looking for beetroot to put on their burgers, the canucks are trying to figure out how to play ice hockey in shorts and sandals, the french have surrendered their board rights, the norwegiens are busy with motorbike issues in pattaya, the russians are trying to bring back white pants into main line fashion - again.

I resent that comment dear fellow you forgot about the Dutch.

old KRS1 seems to have bee in his bonnet today, first this then the go at blaming expats for getting shot by their greedy wives...

btw, the brits have always been here - its just the americans are all tied up on the USA election topics, the ozzies are still talking about cricket matches from the 90's to themselves, the kiwis are looking for beetroot to put on their burgers, the canucks are trying to figure out how to play ice hockey in shorts and sandals, the french have surrendered their board rights, the norwegiens are busy with motorbike issues in pattaya, the russians are trying to bring back white pants into main line fashion - again.

Ok and the Dutch are smoking their spliff's....better ?...biggrin.png

• Like 1

I'd tell them to get on their bikes but......

Dam..................n ooops

Bash a Brit, how laughable! We are all after all communicating in English.

The colonies just hanker for the good old days when they payed their taxes to the crown and sang god save the quee/king. The rest of the world feels left out because they had nothing worth colonizing!

Now they have a hankering to colonise Britain itself, ain't karma a bitch tongue.png

Why do you use the USA (French) version of spelling colonising ??

I forgot Allo, Allo in my list...who would have thought a sitcom starring British actors with bad french accents set in occupied France during the second world war would have been so funny

Who would have thought a sitcom starring Irish actors set in Ireland would be number 11 in the top 50 British Sitcoms.

On the buses.

Rising damp.

Hancock's half hour.

Chewin the fat.

Mrs Browns boys.

Oh look another one

I remember the first TV shows Graham Norton did in the USA. He interviewed loads of big stars and they couldn't believe just how lewd he was cheesy.gif

Guess where he is not from ??

My Top IRISH comedies

The Irish RM

Father Ted

Mrs Browns Boys

Podge & Rodge

Did the Poms give us James Bond ... Agent 007 ??

The Yanks gave us ...

oh, yes, Get Smart ... goof.gif

Mostly any movie or TV show produced outside of the USA is garbage. That is why AMERICAN made movies are famous WORLD WIDE, Australians and brits havent had an international blockbuster film such as Star Wars, Toy STory or Avatar ever......

Now we see Thaland copying all american TV shows=The Voice, Thailands Got Talent, etc......

V for Vendetta is the best brittish film ever made next up is clockwork orange...

• Like 1

The Yanks gave us ...

Mostly any movie or TV show produced outside of the USA is garbage. That is why AMERICAN made movies are famous WORLD WIDE, Australians and brits havent had an international blockbuster film such as Star Wars, Toy STory or Avatar ever......

Now we see Thaland copying all american TV shows=The Voice, Thailands Got Talent, etc......

V for Vendetta is the best brittish film ever made next up is clockwork orange...

Oh dear.... you dont watch much do you?

The three movies you quote i dont rate at all.

Isnt Thailands got Talent a spin off from the Uks Simon Cowells program ( again crap imo)

Edited by travelmann

Thanks i was feeling left out, and its been a long time since i had a spliff.

The Yanks gave us ...

Some of the Thai shows your refer to are actually based on British shows and the yanks nicked the idea...wink.png

And believe the biggest movie industry in the world is the indian film industry, with more punters watching and more produced every year than Hollywood

The Yanks gave us ...

Well not being a fan of the movies mentioned haven't seen Star Wars, Toy Story or Avatar, the last USA blockbuster I saw was Titanic, you know the one, a copy of a 1943 German movie directed by a Canadian.

Edited: Abomination of Lily Allen video removed, for the sake of cultural sanity.

In respect of Miss "I smear 3 cm of make up on my face" Allen, I hardly think her lip synching video is indicative of C&W.

For purists, one need look no further than the most excellent Mumford & Sons. Two live stripped down versions.

And you can't get more C&W redneck than this, replete with fat white guys, beards, banjos, slide guitar, mandolin, accordion and fiddle .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wsZDffVc5s&feature=relmfu

What I'd give if they came to Thailand. I'd gladly pay to ship all of my Thai friends to the show so they could see what talent is. No fake hair, no makeup. Just passion and brilliance.

Edited by geriatrickid
  • Like 2

The Yanks gave us ...

Yep computer generated special effects films are an American specialty., Good intelligent drama (not bang, bang your dead) and humour, with some exceptions, are not.

Edited by simple1

The Yanks gave us ...

Yep computer generated special effects films are an American specialty., Good intelligent drama (not bang, bang your dead) and humour, with some exceptions, are not.

Speaking of animated features...

How would you compare Avatar to A Grand Day Out or The Wrong Trousers?

And still on the subject of animated features, whatever happened to Neverdie?

SC

Oh KRS1 I think you may have a point here. Up until recently, my impression was that the Ozzies had control of the board. The Americans or Canadians never really were the major English speaking players here. Lately I think the Brits wrested control from the Ozzies. Like back in the old days the Ozzies were perenially jabbing the Brits (and by the way I always thought the Ozzies are some of the funniest people around)...but now...

ozzies are the desendant's of criminals dear chap and they seem to be proud of it haha

My instinct is that you are probably mistaken.

The change I have noted is a marked increase in 'Merrrrcans.

'Merrrrcans are of course a distinctive ethnic minority in the USA who have long been persecuted for their directness,their subtle humor,their depraved eating habits and primitive rural style.

They can in fact be very amusing, in a rugged sort of way, and wonderful for eating up leftovers after a party.

Regrettably most of them only speak English as a second language and they rarely learn to speak other languages. This can make communication difficult and often produces a robust if not aggressive response in the larger males of the community.

With retraining they can make wonderful companions.

Thats the old style American. The new and improved American is a multicultural treasure trove.

Well since we are on the subject, could someone please explain to me Monty Python. I still don't get it.

What Monty Python have you watched? Some bits are FAR more accessible than other bits. Flying circus is tough, whereas Life of Brian is more accessible.

Should appeal to most people instantly. Age old, copied into this sketch and copied again and again and again globally (Thai comedy has plenty of slap-stick).

This is a good one! This particular sketch has been said to not only connect across different generations but also across cultural differences.

It's just brilliant...

Edited by Morakot

No Yankie doodle dandy will reply as they are lost when it comes to humour from across the pond.

Their idea of humour is Robin Williams or Eddie Murphy who incidently both shout to get their point/catchphrase across.

I like it dry like my weather.

Come on, you are being very harsh on US comedy.

The best US comedy stands on equal footing against the best British comedy.

Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX1CvW38cHA

George Carllin

I don't get even the friendly competition here. I'm American. I'm not part of any colony.

As far as I'm concerned, the British, the Australians, and the Canadians have long been the best friends the US has had. I welcome any of them anywhere.

I get the friendly banter, but I see no need for any competitive thinking. Each has its strengths, and wow are they strong in their best areas.

Goodaye, all. Eh?