2013 Platinum Px250 Enduro 67,000B

NomadJoe

Image or posing value as wanton keeps going on about doesn't come into it,most peoples bikes are there pride and joy , I don't think anyone that buys a jap bike is insecure at all they are in love with there purchase and they don't mind paying for the quality and happiness the bike brings them.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wantan, I know I shouldn't feed you but your playing of the race card really is beneath contempt. People are going to have different opinions to your own, learn to deal with it. Now, bringing SYM into the thread as a quality comparison is relevant because their products are made by Chinese people. Yes, that's right, the people of Taiwan are the same ethnicity as on the mainland. Whatever, no one here needs your approval to post anything. As for cult bikes, exotic as well as utilarian fit that category. I can't see Platinum gaining cult status.

<deleted> has ethnicity to do with building bikes? bah.gif

Again you try to drag the topic of this Platinum bike thread into a general discussion about chinese quality. This is why i opened the thread "Quality Of Bikes Made In China". Feel free to participate there and spread your quality wisdom there. You haven't even realized that Platinum is a Thai company it seems. Trying to create a "ethnic relation" you can base a quality discussion on between Platinum and SYM is ... highly questionable coffee1.gif

Actually, who is coping who?

For example an East-German company invents some technology, this technology was stolen by Suzuki and indirect by Yamaha and others. After the reunion of East-Germany to the west, the German company didn't waist much time and went to court in Japan. The Japanese court found the claims of the German company valid and ordered almost all Japanese motorcycle manufacturers to pay compensation, and a licensing fee for future use of the technology.

Yamaha who probably negotiated an other plan with the German manufacturer, which would not cost money and would give Yamaha access to much more inventions/technology. They signed a cross-patent agreement.

On the home front the German (ex East German) company was less successful, while the engine technology and idea's where lightyears ahead of what we had in the west the designs and engine sizes of the motorcycles where just not what the Western world needed.

The German company made mostly motorcycles with a 125cc engines, that time teenagers could ride a motorcycle legally up to 80cc. Making the 125cc a bit of an engine size nobody wanted, because after you became old enough and had dumped your 80cc you bought something bigger... nobody looked at 125cc.

The German company with the help of Yamaha, by using engine technology, introduced a few 600cc motorcycles which had more power than the original Yamaha version... but it all could not help. After a long struggle the company went bankrupt, but no help from Malaysian investors. A group of Malaysian investors saw had the idea for getting an amazing motorcycle produced in Germany/Malaysia. At the moment of serious money problems the German company had a 125cc single-cylinder four-stroke in production that was undoubtably the fastest and most powerful 125cc motorcycle ever commercially produced

So the production and sales of started in Malaysia, the only problem with the Malaysian investors was that they did not made enough money. The reason was that the super-powerful 125cc motorcycle was expensive to produce, so they hired a few Malaysia mechanics, scientist and other wise man. The concluded that the main problem was that the powerful 125cc used to expensive components. Special alloyed pistons that cost more than 5 times the price of any other 125cc motorcycle piston was crazy. So the ex-German, now Malaysian company started to make the same motorcycle with parts of regular piston materials. Guess I not need to explain what happened, most of this superior 125cc motorcycles had mechanical problems within a few months, weeks, or even days.

A whole generation of Malaysians remember this ex-German company as the most unreliable motorcycle ever. The first 2 productions badges made the motorcycle extremely popular and when the orders where coming in like a waterfall the whole company collapsed... So the Ex-German, Malaysian company went bankrupt, but no... Yes they went under.

But a Chinese business man had followed the ex-German/ex-Malaysia company as the Malaysian investors beat him to the punch with buying the Germany company. So he bought all still relevant patents from the curator of the ex-German/Malaysian company. When you opened negotiations with Yamaha he found that Yamaha had more to offer than just a cross-patent agreement. Yamaha had just dropped the Vigaro line and started a new company in the USA as V-Star. Yamaha was willing to sell several manufacturing locations around the world, for Yamaha this was of course also a good deal, it was perfect to sell factories to a company that already has the right to use it's technology. So a deal was signed, and Yamaha and the Chinese business men agreed that he would not blindly copy Yamaha motorcycles, on the other hand Yamaha agreed that the Chinese could manufacture a few older models.

Even today most Japanese motorcycle companies pay this Chinese company for the use of the patents. And Japanese manufacturers are not shy to steal and copy inventions even in this century, for example most Japanese motorcycle manufacturers stole the monoshock design from Mr. Richardson. A California court found Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Kayaba guilty of illegally using the invention of Mr. Richardson. Honda was said to have signed an out-of-court settlement with Mr. Richardson...

I can give many more examples of Japanese manufacturers illegally using “registered” inventions from other companies or persons. Actually, I probably could fill a who forum tread with it. But I was thinking to keep this posting short and it already turned out longer than I had hoped.

In short if Japanese companies think that Chinese companies are copy there products or technology they should go to court. They should know how it works they see the inside of a court room even more than Apple, Samsung and Microsoft....

You can talk all you like about people haven balls wantan at the end of the day people that buy these bikes are tight assed cheap charlies who don't want too or can't afford to buy the real deal , same as the people that buy copy phones ,t shirts ,watches etc. Just my opinion of coarse and you are free to disagree with it.

Yep, i disagree biggrin.png

At least now that Honda isn't producing the Phantom any more, people who like this style of bike are happy about a small displacement Lifan, Keeway or a Platinum cruiser. Same with a simple naked bike like the Tiger Boxer. I am interested in these bikes as i like to have diversity i can choose from. And this is why we need comparisons between such cheap bikes. So come on all you so called "cheap charlies", tell us more about your bikes. You will meet a bunch of friendly people here who are open minded thumbsup.gif

All the owners or fans of these crap biked seem more intent on talking about or trying to put down the jap manufactures little strange don't you think.

Cannock talks about doing research before people by these crap things ,well I do research on everything I buy weather it be phones,laptops hotel rooms etc, and funny enough if there are bad reviews/comments on things that I am interested in I steer well clear of them ,not much use doing Market research if your going to ignore the results.

Keep talking about the jap bikes in your Chinese thread after all it pretty clear there is not much else to talk about the Chinese crap apart from the lack of quality control.

There is only 4-5 of you with these bikes

Cannock 6000 km in 2 years hardly well used bike

The guy with the 4 year cruiser doing well

Motocrosser well he is selling his after 1200 km

Ryan wily covered alot of mileage and doing well

And some guy with the orange naked leeway

All these people have had problems with there bikes at some stage or another

Edited by taninthai

All the owners or fans of these crap biked seem more intent on talking about or trying to put down the jap manufactures little strange don't you think.

Cannock talks about doing research before people by these crap things ,well I do research on everything I buy weather it be phones,laptops hotel rooms etc, and funny enough if there are bad reviews/comments on things that I am interested in I steer well clear of them ,not much use doing Market research if your going to ignore the results.

Keep talking about the jap bikes in your Chinese thread after all it pretty clear there is not much else to talk about the Chinese crap apart from the lack of quality control.

How many people on this forum had problems at some stage or another with their Japanese motorcycle?

You cannot search any motorcycle available in Thailand without finding Thaivisa if you combine the word “problem” to the motorcycle brand and model....

Edited by Richard-BKK

^

see can't help yourselfs talking about jap bikes again

Don't want to keep talking about the jap bikes but they sell thousands here we have 5/6 crap Chinese bikes sold and everyone has a problem

There is nothing else to talk about with these bikes apart from the problems they have ,that's why you all end up then taking about jap bikes in what is supposed to be a platinum thread

Tell me I'm wrong

^

Don't want to keep talking about the jap bikes but they sell thousands here we have 5/6 crap Chinese bikes sold and everyone has a problem

There is nothing else to talk about with these bikes apart from the problems they have ,that's why you all end up then taking about jap bikes in what is supposed to be a platinum thread

Tell me I'm wrong

Yes, sure you talked about Chinese in a Platinum tread, Platinum is Made in Thailand. And while I'm not a big fan of them, and I'm a bit skeptic about the quality they are not Chinese made.

In Thailand to get the Made in Thailand label the product needs to be assembled for at least 80% of parts produced in Thaland.

^

Tell me I'm wrong

Yes, you are wrong smile.png

You are the one who comes up with "japs" the most in "cheap bike threads". I start thinking you have a serious problem to compensate.

"We" would be happy if "you" and "your china hater fellows" simply would leave "our" threads. Or "we" may start trolling your beloved japs bike threads and e.g. start to compare the PX250 to the CRF in the CRF250L thread. This will be much fun and you will love it im sure laugh.png

Edited by wantan

^

Tell me I'm wrong

Yes, you are wrong smile.png

You are the one who comes up with "japs" the most in "cheap bike threads". I start thinking you have a serious problem to compensate.

"We" would be happy if "you" and "your china hater fellows" simply would leave "our" threads. Or "we" may start trolling your beloved japs bike threads and e.g. start to compare the PX250 to the CRF in the CRF250L thread. This will be much fun and you will love it im sure laugh.png

If you want to make yourself look stupid go ahead and start talking about the platinum in a crf thread,we have kawasaki and honda threads on here that run into thousands of replies from people discussing and enjoying there bikes

I stand by my comment there is nothing to talk about with these bikes apart from the issues people have with them.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect App

Wantan, I know I shouldn't feed you but your playing of the race card really is beneath contempt. People are going to have different opinions to your own, learn to deal with it. Now, bringing SYM into the thread as a quality comparison is relevant because their products are made by Chinese people. Yes, that's right, the people of Taiwan are the same ethnicity as on the mainland. Whatever, no one here needs your approval to post anything. As for cult bikes, exotic as well as utilarian fit that category. I can't see Platinum gaining cult status.

<deleted> has ethnicity to do with building bikes? bah.gif

Again you try to drag the topic of this Platinum bike thread into a general discussion about chinese quality. This is why i opened the thread "Quality Of Bikes Made In China". Feel free to participate there and spread your quality wisdom there. You haven't even realized that Platinum is a Thai company it seems. Trying to create a "ethnic relation" you can base a quality discussion on between Platinum and SYM is ... highly questionable coffee1.gif

So do we need your valuable permission now to post something here?

I think you want people only post good things about Chinese bikes.

Hell no! Chinese bikes are insult to biking!

Anyone wanna buy this type of crap needs to read other opinions too.

I do my best for people especially new riders for not buying these kind of bikes. They are bad for your money, they are dangerous, they have sub standard parts etc.

Anyway as tanin stated, there are only 10 people here owning a chinese bike and 1000 japanese ones so we can see the majority of wisdom here god bless.

And most important of all, whatever we speak here at the end quality and reliability speak so people go buy japanese bikes anyway:lol:

And richard, can you still discuss japanese tech? You look funny really when you say japanese stole bike tech from Chinese.:D So for you chinese tech is better than japanese? Man c'mon, are you kidding us or do you think we are stupid or something? You can do chinese marketing here for free but try doing it honestly man. You look like a rookie sales assistant or an incompetent one!

And yes, i donot have any problems regarding race. I have great chinese friends and colleagues i deal with. It is all about how chinese make money:lol:

I have a great doubt like richard and wanton work for same chinese company:D

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by loserlazer

Lozer,

Taking about being honest, I'm sure everybody can remember that you Lozerlazer posted a picture on this forum claiming, that it was a Chinese scooter that lost his rear wheel including swingarm. The facts where that the accident had nothing to do with Mr. Lozerlazer as he suggested in the text what came with the picture. To refresh some memory cells, the accident happened in Istanbul, Turkey and somebody actual died that day and the scooter was a Japanese build Honda...

The location of your original post

The original new article

http://www.sonhaberl...ali-124825h.htm

You really are a character to your name LOZER

post-12170-0-86980300-1356602970_thumb.j

Edited by Richard-BKK

I'm pretty sure that it's against Thaivisa rules to discriminate, and saying that Chinese people can not make quality products because they are Chinese is surely a statement that sounds similar as what the American in the south said … negros are to …... or what the Nazis said in Germany Jews are …...

Lozer,

Taking about being honest, I'm sure everybody can remember that you Lozerlazer posted a picture on this forum claiming, that it was a Chinese scooter that lost his rear wheel including swingarm. The facts where that the accident had nothing to do with Mr. Lozerlazer as he suggested in the text what came with the picture. To refresh some memory cells, the accident happened in Istanbul, Turkey and somebody actual died that day and the scooter was a Japanese build Honda...

The original new article

Hahahs. What a stalker? I guess i pushed at right points on my last post here:D

This was sent to me via a thai friend as a chinese bike so i post here so misleaded by someone else.

And i m not trying to sell something here or doing guerilla marketing. Why do i need to lie? I have nothing to lose or gain on this so no reason to lie. But you mislead and lie people here for your monetary interests unlike me.

And i never said chinese cannot do quality products. They can like iphones, bmw engines etc but only if their guidelines are set and strictly supervised.

Taiwan is also chinese right? How can they do quality products for 40 years then?

Chinese are skilled and intelligent people for milleniums. But once it is making money, they become different.

Please do not distort the facts like that man.

You still look like a marketing assistant! :D now trying to splash sh.t on me?

Edited by loserlazer

Lozer,

http://www.thaivisa....chinese-import/

The original new article

This was sent to me via a thai friend as a chinese bike so i post here so misleaded by someone else.

And i m not trying to sell something here or doing guerilla marketing. Why do i need to lie? I have nothing to lose or gain on this so no reason to lie. But you mislead and lie people here for your monetary interests unlike me.

And i never said chinese cannot do quality products. They can like iphones, bmw engines etc but only if their guidelines are set and strictly supervised.

Taiwan is also chinese right? How can they do quality products for 40 years then?

Chinese are skilled and intelligent people for milleniums. But once it is making money, they become different.

You still look like a marketing assistant! biggrin.png now trying to splash sh.t on me?

If I look like a marketing assistant to you, that's fine with me. But what I try to explain the character you are. Lie, even use a picture from a deathly accident to try to prove that Chinese motorcycle/scooters are dangerous. And if the motorcycle/scooter was actually Chinese, it would still be very bad, no the scooter was not even Chinese...

Shame on you...

That somebody send you the picture by email you just made up today, because in the original tread you not say a thing about that....

I actually have no commercial interest also, show me any post where I try to sell something....

Edited by Richard-BKK

Lozer,

The original new article

You still look like a marketing assistant! biggrin.png now trying to splash sh.t on me?

If I look like a marketing assistant to you, that's fine with me. But what I try to explain the character you are. Lie, even use a picture from a deathly accident to try to prove that Chinese motorcycle/scooters are dangerous. And if the motorcycle/scooter was actually Chinese, it would still be very bad, no the scooter was not even Chinese...

Shame on you...

That somebody send you the picture by email you just made up today, because in the original tread you not say a thing about that....

I actually have no commercial interest also, show me any post where I try to sell something....

Well richard. I explained myself clearly.

You have no interest on chinese bikes?

Did not you confess before where you are working here? I do not want to ditch your posts as i am not a stalker.

So were you just lying before or now? Which one?

Man i told you i have no problems on what you are doing, where you are working or with chinese people.

I just want you to be honest on what you are saying. That is all.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Lozer,

The original new article

so you go on this forum , making very strong accusations based on information that someone emailed you ? and after you have been exposed putting the blame on someone else. "Sorry miss but my dog ate my homework"

a LOSER you sure are, guess thats the reason why you got so much to prove on this forum

Wow, these Platinum bikes really have something that creates strong feelings. I like that biggrin.png

For all those who are now convinced about the quality and for those who need further information, here the website: http://www.platinummotorsale.com/

And if you need something bigger for transport: You can also purchase a Foton Van or a King Long Bus at your friendly Platinum dealer. Just in case you don't know thumbsup.gif

KING-LONG-XMQ6740.gif

I think it’s getting time we go back to the core of this thread “PLATINUM Motorbikes” and discus on knowledge and experience instead of insulting and lies.

To discus the general Chinese motobike production and selling strategies there is on TV a special thread, calledQuality Of Bikes Made In China“.

With regards wai2.gif

Yes we should get back on track.....but not before you tell us the secret of getting 50k kilometres out of a set of tyres.....didn't I ask you that same question a few days ago???

Still no issues with the bike, only the forum,

the forum is about the platinum 250,

if this was about cars,jap vs chinese vs any other make would the thread have got so distorted???

i think not,

this bike is going well running alongside crf,s daily

if it lasts a third of the time i will buy another for what they cost,

and the honda will have lost what?? in depreciation,

yes what you lose on a crf in a year i can buy a new px250,

THANKS to all the supporters out there

Deano

At the end of the day it comes down to what you enjoy riding and what you`re willing to pay for a particular machine. If people worried about depreciation there`d be no Hayabusas and no Bentley Continentals leaving the showroom floor. Each to their own and if you you choose to ride a Platinum that`s your prerogative but get used to a bit of banter, because at the end of the day that`s all it is, banter and nothing to be taken personally. What people can post in a thread is a matter for the moderators to decide and if they think it strays too far off topic they`ll act. Incidentally, how much did the dealer charge you for registration, insurance etc?

Lozer,

The original new article

so you go on this forum , making very strong accusations based on information that someone emailed you ? and after you have been exposed putting the blame on someone else. "Sorry miss but my dog ate my homework"

a LOSER you sure are, guess thats the reason why you got so much to prove on this forum

Anything you`d like to add about Platinum? smile.png

At the end of the day it comes down to what you enjoy riding and what you`re willing to pay for a particular machine. If people worried about depreciation there`d be no Hayabusas and no Bentley Continentals leaving the showroom floor. Each to their own and if you you choose to ride a Platinum that`s your prerogative but get used to a bit of banter, because at the end of the day that`s all it is, banter and nothing to be taken personally. What people can post in a thread is a matter for the moderators to decide and if they think it strays too far off topic they`ll act. Incidentally, how much did the dealer charge you for registration, insurance etc?

the reg and insurance was all in however the recipt for the insurance was 600baht, on my HONDA scoopi i 4 months ago was about 350 baht,

i also have my own insurances as these are only 3rd party

the reg and insurance was all in however the recipt for the insurance was 600baht, on my HONDA scoopi i 4 months ago was about 350 baht,

OK thanks. Let us know if you make any modifications.

There's some really cleaver people about, "And some guy with the orange naked leeway " ?? is that not the px250 ?? is that not what the thread is about??

or certain did people not read the thread title before jumping in on a post

Edited by DEANEBURNE

Lozer,

The original new article

Anything you`d like to add about Platinum? smile.png

Yeah. Nothing to add but bs. Nothing to add but splash shit on people say something different.

Anyway, what we can you add to a thread about a crappy bike anyway?

Exploding egos of crap platinum owners. Just because they have been fooled and bought this crap! They are aware of their mistake on buying this crap so a little aggressive i guess:lol:

And ass smackers scattered around the thread:D moking people on their nicknames. Like small kids hahahass.

Like they are the owners of platinum.

Nothing else:D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by loserlazer