True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

What they have done so far is provide the required bare minimum, which is to show live games with English commentary, thankfully, at least these clowns have got that right. But If that translates to doing a 'great job' as some on here seem to think, then my name Is Robert De Niro.

Hi Bob.

Don't knock it.

At least we don't get "Boing, Wheee" etc when a player misses the ball or falls over.

Yet. wink.png

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their coverage and presentation last night was frankly embarrassing! I Used 365sport for some insightful analysis. Instead of having to listen to the fat sausage head katoi!

On another note, 365 sport's one year deal is a bargain if you ask me. Gives all the UCL plus FA cup as well as championship and La Liga. Only 333bht p/m add that to what I pay for CTH and its still cheaper than True, plus I get more football! Astro also have rights for World Cup, so should be available via this service too. Not to mention guaranteed in English!

Their coverage and presentation last night was frankly embarrassing! I Used 365sport for some insightful analysis. Instead of having to listen to the fat sausage head katoi!

On another note, 365 sport's one year deal is a bargain if you ask me. Gives all the UCL plus FA cup as well as championship and La Liga. Only 333bht p/m add that to what I pay for CTH and its still cheaper than True, plus I get more football! Astro also have rights for World Cup, so should be available via this service too. Not to mention guaranteed in English!

I agree 365Sport looks good and as soon as the pay at 7-11 is available I think I'll be subscribing. But what are the chances of it getting taken down for copyright infringement later on? Do they actually have the internet streaming rights for the PL?

I'm beginning to listen about this 365 mob. Is it a good pic if you play it trhough your tv? and who presents the shows/pundits etc..

What is the URL to sign up? I cannot find it.

Cheers.

Edited by Pattaya Pat

You could always watch sky news for 15 minutes.

While I was a little perturbed as to who and what this guy was doing on there,I was far from offended as I simply changed channel.

Do you speak fluent Thai ?

If so what was so disrespectful regarding his comments.

Granted he looked like he was acting like the class clown.

But I can't see why you've got your knickers in a twist over it.

It seems to be a requirement to have an idiotic looking clown, usually a fat katoey, in many Thai programs. I'm sure they wouldn't do it if the majority of Thai viewers didn't enjoy it. It would be nice to have half time chat in English, but for now until things change, catching up with the news at HT or making the tea suffices. There's always good old Match of the Day on BBC1 for highlights, which can be watched the next morning.

Having some katoey channeling Carmen Miranda at half of a football game from the UK is silly, but not much more than that. I do sympathize with those CTH viewers who would like a more professional approach. But, you do have to consider the in love with Carmen Miranda katoey football fans and I imagine they do exist.smile.png

Called the telephone number on the CTH website and They gave me a number of a local sale agent for my area.

Called them, picked up the satellite dish and receiver by myself and made an appointment with their technician for the same day ...(after his regular work) and paid 1000 baht for installation.

That was on Friday so just in time to watch football on the weekend..

Today true came and picked up their receiver. I even got the HDMI cable from true for free as I'm using it with the CTH receiver.

Called the telephone number on the CTH website and They gave me a number of a local sale agent for my area.

Called them, picked up the satellite dish and receiver by myself and made an appointment with their technician for the same day ...(after his regular work) and paid 1000 baht for installation.

That was on Friday so just in time to watch football on the weekend..

Today true came and picked up their receiver. I even got the HDMI cable from true for free as I'm using it with the CTH receiver.

True demanded their one back when they cam to pick up my box or had to pay Bt 500

I'm beginning to listen about this 365 mob. Is it a good pic if you play it trhough your tv? and who presents the shows/pundits etc..

Cheers.

365Sport show the programming from Fox Sports (Asia) so the main studio pundit is Steve McMahon plus another ex-footballer and the programmes are hosted by Andrew Leci. They also use the Astro programmes which have a bunch of Aussie pundits who I've not heard of. They do a pretty good job though.

http://www.365sport.tv/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=1

Cheers.

365Sport show the programming from Fox Sports (Asia) so the main studio pundit is Steve McMahon plus another ex-footballer and the programmes are hosted by Andrew Leci. They also use the Astro programmes which have a bunch of Aussie pundits who I've not heard of. They do a pretty good job though.

Think i'd rather listen to the wife whistling.gifbiggrin.png

• Like 2

Cheers.

Think i'd rather listen to the wife whistling.gifbiggrin.png

I don't know your wife, but I expect she makes more sense than Steve McMahon! The only good thing about the 365 punditry is that it's in English and doesn't feature any Thai clowns.

I'm beginning to listen about this 365 mob. Is it a good pic if you play it trhough your tv?

No i'm afraid not. My TV is a 40 inch and whilst the picture looks great on my laptop, plugged up to the TV and it looks pretty average. Certainly watchable and probably a little better than True Visions picture prior to HD, but not really what the consumer expects these days. Still, you get what you pay for and it is pretty cheap.

I think the HD broadcasts are excellent. If watching re-runs then it's in SD. Watched the football league show and revista de la liga, as well as fanzone, all in SD but watchable. Watched barca Vs Valencia on demand, which was in HD and was a near perfect picture on my 32" Samsung LED.

They plan to have everything in HD soon, except for channel 5. Possibility of the ashes cricket in Australia. But the deal clincher for me is that astro have World Cup, so sport 365 said as long as on astro can show, as they won't change current line up, just add more.

Will keep CTH as usually have a few friends round Saturdays & Sundays and if the Internet is playing up, then it can be frustrating, satellite still more reliable but sport content other than the actual live EPL games on CTH is poor. But as sport 365 have UCL, French, Spanish, German football and championship. If you go for the one year deal, then it's still cheaper than old true package and more footy! They show NBA, possibly rugby too.

One other good thing about 365Sport, is that you can watch delayed coverage of matches. This will be particularly good for Champions League and other PL evening kick-offs that are too late for us working people to watch in Thailand. Watching them "as live" over breakfast is great!

• Like 1

I use a Raspberry Pi and XBMC addons to watch the football streams and so far they haven't been good. There is lots of buffering and then the streams cut out. To be fair the buffering issue seems to apply to most streams I watch.

I have True 13Mbps ADSL and speedtests show 12+Mbps local and 1.2-ishMbps international, so the problems are likely to be down to the low international speed.

Does anyone else have these issues and will using the Android set top box and Sport365 be likely to have the same issues?

As an aside, if I purchase the Android box from Sport365, will I still be able to install XBMC on it to access other things? What is the cost of such a box in Pantip etc?

Cheers.

Thanks. Do you have to send off the ticket then or can you not go straight to 'pay now'?

Still not 100% sure I'll go for this. Sometimes I think you can have too many options at your disposal and you end up never leaving the sofa.

Cheers.

Was quite interested until I got to the Steve Mc Mahon bit. Always makes me laugh that this guy is sold as an expert on all things football including his comments on management. His last real job was manager of A League side Perth Glory in Oz and he was sacked. I guess the only positive is he wouldn't be sitting next to the global advisor and good mate Shebby Singh.biggrin.png

• Like 1

Cheers.

Thanks. Do you have to send off the ticket then or can you not go straight to 'pay now'?

Still not 100% sure I'll go for this. Sometimes I think you can have too many options at your disposal and you end up never leaving the sofa.

It's still free at the moment. When the pay at 7-11 option is up and running it will be subscription only.

Free? It says 600 baht per month? Or do you mean there is a free trial?

is this a Thai company?

There is a free trial running.

FREE TRIALS will continue until Friday 6th September while we await some vital additional equipment to make permanent HD a possibility. We will continue to produce the EPL games in HD until this date. Thank you for your understanding.

Please note: our service ONLY works with a Thailand IP address. Many of you have been using a UK proxy and then contacting us for support, as you cannot login. Always check that your proxy is switched OFF before contacting support about failure to access our service.

Subscription fees:

Monthly: 600THB + 300THB one time setup fee

Quarterly: 1740THB + 200THB one time setup fee

Semi Annually: 3300THB + 100THB one time setup fee

Annually: 6000THB (no setup fee)

You can pay using 'Counter Service' at any 7 Eleven store or with PayPal.

They are also offering this for free trials. SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY OFFER!

3999THB for 1 year subscription << that's just 333THB a month or under 11THB per day!!

is this a Thai company?

FREE TRIALS will continue until Friday 6th September while we await some vital additional equipment to make permanent HD a possibility. We will continue to produce the EPL games in HD until this date. Thank you for your understanding.

Please note: our service ONLY works with a Thailand IP address. Many of you have been using a UK proxy and then contacting us for support, as you cannot login. Always check that your proxy is switched OFF before contacting support about failure to access our service.

Subscription fees:

3999THB for 1 year subscription << that's just 333THB a month or under 11THB per day!!

Cheers Rick, good stuff. So I'm assuming that they are a Thai company then.

is this a Thai company?

Subscription fees:

Rick - How exactly do you go about getting the 1 yr deal for 3999? I can only see the 6000 deal...do you register for a free trial (before the 6th) then do it that way?

Was quite interested until I got to the Steve Mc Mahon bit. Always makes me laugh that this guy is sold as an expert on all things football including his comments on management. His last real job was manager of A League side Perth Glory in Oz and he was sacked. I guess the only positive is he wouldn't be sitting next to the global advisor and good mate Shebby Singh.biggrin.png

I can't say it rolleyes.gif

Edited by alfieconn

is this a Thai company?

Subscription fees:

Rick - How exactly do you go about getting the 1 yr deal for 3999? I can only see the 6000 deal...do you register for a free trial (before the 6th) then do it that way?

Register for the free trial and the will send you a link for the software download. When the trial is over they will give you the discounted option by e mail.

Pat I think it is being run by farangs. When I contacted the Help desk I was without doubt replied to by a farang.

I think this is the same people that have thaiexpat.tv, Rick.

I'm all in now. There is a lot of buffering, although it does say they are undergoing maintenance right now. I assume it is usually much better...

What I found bizarre is there is no 'stop' button available when watching a channel? The only way I could turn it off was by clicking on the very top right which takes you out of the programme completely, or if you want to watch another channel then click on that then it will over-ride the channel that you was previously watching. Have I missed something? Why no stop button?

Oh, no US Open Tennis? That suprised me..