Promenada Update

FrisoPee

I'll ride out there to see what's up with the EU Film Festival, but in the daytime. My motorbike skills drop off after dark.

The retired expat who has been my companion at many screenings over the past couple of years has excused himself. Too far away for an old guy who's lived a decade in the shadow of KSK. I have a feeling he won't be the only one who drops out.

Maybe they can find an audience eventually, but the packed houses we're used to seeing aren't likely to happen again any time soon.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have loads of parking, though undoubtably, absolutely everyone and their grandmother will be going there when they open, so almost no matter how much parking they have, they'll run out.

Airport Plaza sounds like a good bet for the Promenada opening weekend. smile.png

What if you don't feel the need for a shopping plaza? cheesy.gif

I will definatly stay away from it as I am more interested in seeing the whole mall rather than a few shops ready.

Maybe when Rimping is open. I will make exceptions for movies. Other than the airport and KSK does any one know of another mall with a movie theater in it besides the air port and KSK?

I was wondering if the Promenade theater will remain open after the Eu film festival?

I'll ride out there to see what's up with the EU Film Festival, but in the daytime. My motorbike skills drop off after dark.

The retired expat who has been my companion at many screenings over the past couple of years has excused himself. Too far away for an old guy who's lived a decade in the shadow of KSK. I have a feeling he won't be the only one who drops out.

He won't be the only one dropping out. But thousands more will be dropping in. It is the way of things.

So happy to have the new cinemas opening up next week so I don't have to go to Airport Plaza. This is great!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

100% youll still be at airport plaza cause the crowds will be so busy at the new cinemas.

It depends on what is showing there. The parking at the Airport cinemas may be bad but the theaters are in very good condition.

It is my hope that we will get a greater choice of movies.

I think there is a new mall opening soon or open now where the super highway ends and it becomes Nehimanhamen or some thing like that.

I believe it is going to have movie theaters also. I was told that the Fiesta Central was also going to have them.

Does any one know if they are going to keep the theaters at Promenada open after the EU film festival.?

So is this Mall going to be any different,really or just same same?,

They will be trying to fully open as quick as possible,as the Central

Festival Mall on Super Highway is forging ahead at a great pace,

and maybe not in same league,the new Tesco s over from Meechoke

Plaza is just about finished, so plenty new Malls for Thais to walk about

be seen and buy very little.

regards Worgeordie

Hmmmm,

I'm not so sure it's the same, looks like it may be pretty much the coolest place (mall wise) in Northern Thailand, let us see how they all stack up, I know for sure it has to be better than what we had KSK and AP, the Tesco kind of place this is not for sure...clap2.gif

It appears to be fairly high end, that's good because you can't take that money with you!!!

So is it still on?

Only 4 more days!

Is there a party?

Are there Thai "moviestars" doing the official opening?

Who know's anything?

I still see them count down to opening day on their Facebook updates. To be honest it looks like a LOT still to clean up and get ready in 4 days.. but who knows.

So is it still on?

Only 4 more days!

Is there a party?

Who know's anything?

Who gives a .... ?

Edited by MESmith
  • Like 2

So is it still on?

Only 4 more days!

Is there a party?

Who know's anything?

Who gives a .... ?

What's wrong? No invitation??

• Like 1

Citynow has a pretty good article on the thing, the festivities and the "free giveaways" (bags and cloth/some kind of wrap). I already see young Thai friends on FB planning to go be there to see stars and "celebrate."

The official announcement seems to say that a phase of the project will be open tmw, not the entire place, so that explains the seeming not-readiness.

Yippeeeee ! Welcome to historic Chiang Mai, Rose of the North !

Have they advertised the movies that will be playing this weekend at their new cinema yet?

Don't worry there will still be a couple of movies with a stupid fat katoey. biggrin.png

Edited by uptheos

That is for the film festival, It will not start until June 13 a week away.

Are they not opening the theater until then. If they are how will we get there schedule.

Has any one been out there yesterday or today for the soft opening.

Would be interested in hearing about your experience and impressions.

Are they not opening the theater until then. If they are how will we get there schedule.

Do you have Google?

http://www.sfcinemacity.com/index.php/th/timetable/lookup

Do you have Google?

My wife and i were going to drop in today for a look, traffic backed up onto the road, i think i'll wait a bit.

Went out there about 1 pm today. Place was packed, and songtraews and tourist buses arriving every few minutes.

Inside, more was open than I thought would be. Rimping is 'partially' open with coffee and fresh fruits, but their main build-out is not complete. Birkenstock shop, gold shop, Sports World all open. Nice 'discount' clothing store, a couple of Japanese restaurants were giving away samples. On the second floor, there is an arcade area, the cinema, and a food court, with less than half of the food stalls open. Looks like maybe 20-25% of the floor space is now available, it will be a very large mall when complete. Not sure how to rate the parking yet, but they had plenty of of people directing traffic, making indecipherable arm movements and whistling.

No way I am going back on a weekend anytime in the foreseeable future, but be my guest. Should be interesting to see how it progresses. Very nice aesthetically, and should be a big draw.

Personally, I will never go to KSK again, and Central Airport should show a marked drop in their clientele.

We left to go to Makro, and when we drove by again an hour later, traffic was wrapped all the way around the corner.

• Like 1

Do you have Google?

It was in Thai and it looked like it manly applied to the film festival. Maybe when they have the grand opening on whistling.gif July 12 it will be available in English.

How to get to Promenada via songthaew? Do one of the non-red ones go past that location on their fixed route?

I suspect the red songthaews want more than 20 baht to go that far away from the center of the city.

I was there as well today and with the descrip above the only significant opening is Uniqlo , a great place to shop for Japanese designed clothes at very reasonable prices for women, men and kids

SF cinema was open as well and had the same movies as Central

We left after an hour as the parking and the rest of the small ships were duplicates of Central / Airport Plaza

For those with kids they have a major play area there next to the cinema for 180 baht an hour and 270 baht an hour for the larger area for bigger kids

I won't be back for long till they open up the rest and the missus agrees

Drive to airport plaza arriving at 4pm and there was a great amount of parking available today ! Amazing :-)

Do you have Google?

It was in Thai and it looked like it manly applied to the film festival. Maybe when they have the grand opening on whistling.gif July 12 it will be available in English.

The info is all there, with an English option.