Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

@BangrakBob

@wilai

@nellyp

@StevieH

@anyotherbindipper

So is this lad turning into a forking dud or what?

Benitez stock is rising, he knows how to play zonal well. He will build from the back and I reckon he would get more out the rest of the team anyway. He fancies another crack but FSG would be scared I reckon. Just looking at a plan B here lads a plan B is necessary.  

The burnley game was a tough one but the longer this happens with klopp the more confidence teams will get. I think it's sensible at this stage to be thinking what if Klopp is a dud and his biggest error was not identifying defensive options. It's like he knows his approach is flawed or something. Who in their right mind would not have pushed for defenders in a massive plan B, C way?

Footballs got a 12th man in a manager who can make decisons to exploit weaknesses in each game/team. This Method he uses is hurting us big time. AOC is a great example of a game changing sub. Why would you not use that correctly?

16 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

@BangrakBob

@wilai

@nellyp

@StevieH

@anyotherbindipper

So is this lad turning into a forking dud or what?

Benitez stock is rising, he knows how to play zonal well. He will build from the back and I reckon he would get more out the rest of the team anyway. He fancies another crack but FSG would be scared I reckon. Just looking at a plan B here lads a plan B is necessary.  

The burnley game was a tough one but the longer this happens with klopp the more confidence teams will get. I think it's sensible at this stage to be thinking what if Klopp is a dud and his biggest error was not identifying defensive options. It's like he knows his approach is flawed or something. Who in their right mind would not have pushed for defenders in a massive plan B, C way?

Footballs got a 12th man in a manager who can make decisons to exploit weaknesses in each game/team. This Method he uses is hurting us big time. AOC is a great example of a game changing sub. Why would you not use that correctly?

Don't call him AOC,  call him Oxtail Chambermaid.

Been pondering the Klopp approach and I reckon the subs will be getting miffed with this

"first 11 will come good philosophy" 

Knowing your not going to get hooked for missing 5 chances in the first half is setting your team up for complacency and will undoubtedly annoy the subs who will feel they can do better with the chances created. 

I'm disappointed with Klopp's lack of dimension and whilst he has a decent record I think he needs to seriously change his approach. 57 shots in 2 games and only having 1 goal to show for it seems to demonstrate his approach is flawed.

Start subbing lads on the basis of immediate performance and you may see an increase in competition and a more clinical player.

Just now, BangrakBob said:

Great match preview, of sorts I guess, from Rob Gutmann.

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2017/09/leicester-city-v-liverpool-big-match-preview-2/

Just read that. Load of BS mate its all about a bit of luck then... 

Nice history but you must be fed up with history by now.

1892 - 1992 I read that book every night for about 6 years. 

This is season 3 and he is yet to build his team. Any sensible manager would have kicked off not backed his team which includes the defenders. 

Last night's round up!

Kids easily beat the Spuds 4-2 at Anfield. Harry Wilson, now fully fit again, scored a first half hat trick and 17 yr old Rhian Brewster finished them off. Usual centre back Masterson didn't play (maybe needed as cover today?) #Sixfromsix

Gerard's <18s beat the tricky blues 3-1. 16 year old Curtis Jones with two and Camacho with the third.

Chicks won the girlie Derby 2-0!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wilai said:

Last night's round up!

Kids easily beat the Spuds 4-2 at Anfield. Harry Wilson, now fully fit again, scored a first half hat trick and 17 yr old Rhian Brewster finished them off. Usual centre back Masterson didn't play (maybe needed as cover today?) #Sixfromsix

Gerard's <18s beat the tricky blues 3-1. 16 year old Curtis Jones with two and Camacho with the third.

Chicks won the girlie Derby 2-0!

Yes a desperate week at Anfield really. :spamsign:

You are getting a Moody's rating of BB1. :post-4641-1156694606:

• Haha 1

Shame there is no real discussion on the match in here anymore.

For what it's worth, after watching 2 keepers play the same match in a few days, I think It only fair that Klopp aleiviate one stress....make Ward our number 1, sell the other 2 and get another class keeper. 

For what it's worth, after watching 2 keepers play the same match in a few days, I think It only fair that Klopp aleiviate one stress....make Ward our number 1, sell the other 2 and get another class keeper. 

Except ward is not class he is 3rd choice what planet are you on lad?

He may be decent but seriously we cannot even buy now so how is that even relevant in the present situation?

The match eh, out scored em and thank f uckfor that but the possession in the final few minutes was a disgrace and we were lucky not to have lo st 2 points.

4 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

He may be decent but seriously we cannot even buy now so how is that even relevant in the present situation?

The match eh, out scored em and thank f uckfor that but the possession in the final few minutes was a disgrace and we were lucky not to have lo st 2 points.

Not sure what game you watched but Leicester were kept to just a single shot (84th minute) in the last 25 mins following the pen save.. Playing away against a team chasing hard for a point, I would say we closed the game down quite well towards the end.:smile:

4 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

I quite like Ward Bob, but to be fair to Mignolet, that bloody nip blatantly had hold of his arm when he tried to come for the first goal and that should never have been missed by the officials. For the second he made a decent save and was unlucky. 

For the pen, he made (admittedly slight) contact with the ball, before Vardy clattered into him/he clattered into Vardy (take your pick:whistling:). So possibly a free kick to us  as Vardy didn't actually touch the ball? Anyway Migs saved the snidey diving git's effort!:smile:

As I've mentioned in the past, my problem is with Achterberg (although Klopp seems to rate him). He screwed Reina up towards the end (no coincidence that he has done well since he left!) and each keeper we've had since has come with a good rep, and then gone downhill, particularly where commanding his area is concerned.  From what I've seen of Ward, his time with the Dons and Terriers away from LFC gives him the edge in this respect at the moment. Hope the goalkeeping/defensive organisation coaching doesn't knock it out of him as well.

To sum up, we are stuck with the three keepers we have. All are decent at least but will continue to look nervy until the coaching, both mental and physical improves dramatically.:saai:

Let's not forget that we deservedly won the game so.... Football 3-2 WWE:post-4641-1156694083:

ps: Kudos to Hendo who had his best game for  a while.

pps: I don't post any more after 1st team games in case you're watching on delay Bob :sorry:

Edited by wilai
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, wilai said:

I quite like Ward Bob, but to be fair to Mignolet, that bloody nip blatantly had hold of his arm when he tried to come for the first goal and that should never have been missed by the officials. For the second he made a decent save and was unlucky. 

For the pen, he made (admittedly slight) contact with the ball, before Vardy clattered into him/he clattered into Vardy (take your pick:whistling:). So possibly a free kick to us  as Vardy didn't actually touch the ball? Anyway Migs saved the snidey diving git's effort!:smile:

As I've mentioned in the past, my problem is with Achterberg (although Klopp seems to rate him). He screwed Reina up towards the end (no coincidence that he has done well since he left!) and each keeper we've had since has come with a good rep, and then gone downhill, particularly where commanding his area is concerned.  From what I've seen of Ward, his time with the Dons and Terriers away from LFC gives him the edge in this respect at the moment. Hope the goalkeeping/defensive organisation coaching doesn't knock it out of him as well.

To sum up, we are stuck with the three keepers we have. All are decent at least but will continue to look nervy until the coaching, both mental and physical improves dramatically.:saai:

Let's not forget that we deservedly won the game so.... Football 3-2 WWE:post-4641-1156694083:

ps: Kudos to Hendo who had his best game for  a while.

pps: I don't post any more after 1st team games in case you're watching on delay Bob :sorry:

Post away mate i'll stay away if i'm watching on delay. 

Regarding the goalkeepers, if a goalkeeping coach is that bad why is he still there? I didn't watch Mignolet or Karius enough before Liverpool to really comment on their demise, but agree regards Reina. I just want a keeper who doesn't make my heart race any time there is a corner, a long throw, when they have the ball at their feet, or making calamitous errors more often than they should. When I watch Ward, he is consistent, dependable, solid.....for now. 

See that above shot, I agree Migs did get some on the ball, but why isn't he diving at it with his hands?

We just needed a win, and to come away from a place where we've not taken a point since 2014 and on the back of the run we've had, I thought it was a good win.

Nice to see Coutinho firing up again. Really looking forward to seeing him moving in behind Mane, Firmino and Salah for the first time. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

See that above shot, I agree Migs did get some on the ball, but why isn't he diving at it with his hands?

I can't make my mind up on whether a pen should have been given or not. Yes, he made contact with the ball but I think it was his follow through that made the ref give it. Doesn't mean I agree with it though. As some of the pundits said, if Mig had made better contact with the ball and put it in row Z, the ref probably wouldn't have given it.

^^  I know Achterberg has Klopp's backing but I'm not sure why? (There must be a german g/k coach out there) All I hear is that he is an extremely hard worker. There was talk last season that he was training Migs in dealing with the physical challenges, but from what we've seen this season so far, that appears to have ceased!

Before we got him, Migs was highly rated at Sunderland. Karius was rated #2 in Germany (only Neuer ahead of him!) And I agree with you on Ward (Achterberg hasn't had enough time to screw his head up...yet. 

Maybe Mignolet thought if he dived and caught the ball, his impetus would have carried him out of the area....or maybe he thought the chav would take him out as he did twice when Moreno was clearing by the touchline (booked for the second one). He doesn't say why, just confirms "I got the ball and Vardy ran into me".

As the pic above shows, it probably should have been a free kick to us...... See Ederson/Mane without the blood:whistling:

And as far as Tuesday goes, looks like Moscow will be without Promes, (the guy we were allegedly after before we got Salah) who is their star player:smile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

I can't make my mind up on whether a pen should have been given or not. Yes, he made contact with the ball but I think it was his follow through that made the ref give it. Doesn't mean I agree with it though. As some of the pundits said, if Mig had made better contact with the ball and put it in row Z, the ref probably wouldn't have given it.

Manc ref Jangles, that's what made him give it ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Karius was bought to replace Mignolet as No.1 

Karius has thus far turned out to be questionable at best, and spent most of last season on the bench so we were stuck with Mignolet again who did well at the back end of the season. 

This season Klopp has brought Ward back, that's 3 keepers who are supposed to be first team keepers. 

Do you really think Klopp brought him back to play a few cup games when he could have been playing regular first team football elsewhere.

By the end of this season he will be LFC no.1.

btw I didn't say sell them now, obviously I meant next summer. 

Karius was bought to replace Mignolet as No.1 

Karius has thus far turned out to be questionable at best, and spent most of last season on the bench so we were stuck with Mignolet again who did well at the back end of the season. 

This season Klopp has brought Ward back, that's 3 keepers who are supposed to be first team keepers. 

Do you really think Klopp brought him back to play a few cup games when he could have been playing regular first team football elsewhere.

By the end of this season he will be LFC no.1.

btw I didn't say sell them now, obviously I meant next summer. 

Oh yeah bob I like that. Speaking wirh conviction I like it. Makes me wanna watch a few youtube vids and play eye of the Tiger really loud. 

I dare say any keeper is going to look under par with the current defence so whilst it is perhaps something that needs changing I do not think we should be taking our eye off the fact the defence is in dire straits and to date, the main man has not addressed it with the urgency it appears to require. 

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Oh yeah bob I like that. Speaking wirh conviction I like it. Makes me wanna watch a few youtube vids and play eye of the Tiger really loud. 

I dare say any keeper is going to look under par with the current defence so whilst it is perhaps something that needs changing I do not think we should be taking our eye off the fact the defence is in dire straits and to date, the main man has not addressed it with the urgency it appears to require. 

Why can you not have a conversation without being smartarse or attempting humour?

The keepers are part of the defense. Our CB's lack confidence in 2 of our keepers and this contributes to our defending issues. 

Why can you not have a conversation without being smartarse or attempting humour?

The keepers are part of the defense. Our CB's lack confidence in 2 of our keepers and this contributes to our defending issues. 

Bob tone it down a notch you continually blow a gasket and go ott. The nev accusation more recently being one example. Relax. Learn to laugh first. My comment was a positive reaction to your ward statement not sure what else you wanted.

Your comments regarding the keeper can also be based on the other foot but I actually think the defence (outfield) players are more to blame than the keepers in the last 2 seasons. Migs and Karius are not exactly in bravo mode just yet but no keepers in any team will have confidence in the defence that's being put out week in week out so the issue of our defence is more about the outfield players hence my earlier comments. 

17 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Lallana back in training! 

yeah good news this. i can't wait to see mane, salah, firmino and coutinho on the same pitch, with lallana, sturridge and OAC as options from the bench. or some games we might even play both lallana and coutinho in the midfield three, particularly at home. 

Just now, StevieH said:

yeah good news this. i can't wait to see mane, salah, firmino and coutinho on the same pitch, with lallana, sturridge and OAC as options from the bench. or some games we might even play both lallana and coutinho in the midfield three, particularly at home. 

Hopefully our wobble is done with now, and instead of injury worries going in to December/January, all the above will be present and ready.

Interesting to see who starts tonight and what formation with Coutinho back. A bit of 4-2-3-1on the weekend there looked ok, but I would have thought with Phil back, Klopp will be itching to see him roaming behind the front 3, or maybe it's just my wish.

Following the 4-0 victory over Seville, Gerrard's <19s play Spartak at the handy (over here) time of 18:00. Woodburn again should be playing and keep an eye out for 16 year old Curtis Jones.

Find a pub that shows BT Sport 3 and that is your early evening sorted:thumbsup:

• Like 1