Red-shirt bus burnt by angry Bangkok mobs

webfact

Red-shirt bus burnt by angry mobs

12-2-2013-9-40-12-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A double-decker bus carrying red-shirt supporters of the government was set afire by angry mobs while it was leaving Ramkhamhaeng university.

The bus was from Kamphaeng Phet province in the North and came to Bangkok’s Rajamangala stadium to join the demonstration called by the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship.

Witnesses said that the bus was attacked when it passed by a group of people blocking the Ramkhamhaeng road to stop all vehicles with red-shirt passengers inside.

Al the people on board the bus was forced to run out of the bus for cover when it was smashed by sticks, stones and bricks.

There was a number of injured, witnesses said.

The bus was later set afire by angry youths.

Witnesses said after the bus was burned to the ground, a skeleton was found hanging inside the bus rear toilet. It was not known if it was the skeleton of a human being or animal as the skeleton was just a back bone part but with no skull and arms.

Forensic police dared not enter the area for inspection as there was sporadic gunfire and bomb explosion during the day. The road was sealed off since the clash broke out late Saturday night and deserted until late tonight.

There were also several badly damaged taxis and vans left on the road and were not yet removed last night.

Meanwhile driver of the bus Somnuek Kaeolukla lodged complaint with Hua Mark police late in the evening that he drove the bus from Kamphaengpet province to Bangkok with 25 passengers to join the rally at Rajamangala stadium.

He said as he drove pass Ramkhamhaeng Soi 24, a group of young men rushed to his bus with sticks, bottles, and guns and began smashing and firing.

But he managed to drive the bus to the entrance of the stadium and quickly ran away with all his passengers into the stadium.

He then sought the police to help recover his bus from the scene but was told by the police that the area was still unsafe.

He returned again to see his bus at 6 p.m. but only to find his bus burning to the ground.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/red-shirt-bus-burnt-angry-mobs/

-- Thai PBS 2013-12-02

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They were no doubt reds dressed as angry young men to make it seem that the yellows had actually attacked the bus.

The students that attacked the bus are most likely not PAD members. Didn't see a whole lot of yellow color shirts etc in general, btw.

But the police not daring to go in....oh my, quite a new low. Wonder how they will be treated in that part of town after this is over.

They were no doubt reds dressed as angry young men to make it seem that the yellows had actually attacked the bus.

The students that attacked the bus are most likely not PAD members. Didn't see a whole lot of yellow color shirts etc in general, btw.

But the police not daring to go in....oh my, quite a new low. Wonder how they will be treated in that part of town after this is over.

There is footage of people (passengers) getting off that bus. Being provided cover by a man with a pistol. In theat footage the bus appears unharmed. The footage circulated widely so I am not shocked that the bus was torched. (saddened a bit, but not shocked)

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-probe-mysterious-black-shirt-gunman/

• Like 1

There is footage of people (passengers) getting off that bus. Being provided cover by a man with a pistol. In theat footage the bus appears unharmed. The footage circulated widely so I am not shocked that the bus was torched. (saddened a bit, but not shocked)

As we've discussed there's quite possibly more than one bus like that. How can you be sure it's the same bus?

25 passengers? Perhaps those from the sticks are not so keen to visit BKK after all.

It also seems that the reds are not so reluctant to show up with firearms. Though perhaps he was a "red guard" which makes it alright to carry anything up to and including a bazooka, for "defensive" purposes of course.

As we've discussed there's quite possibly more than one bus like that. How can you be sure it's the same bus?

Most of those bus companies use the same large Logo (like UNSEEN) and a different motif o stickers on the buses, that one has Ariel

Bangkok People Don't like the Red Shirts after the last siege 3 years ago.

And I don't like a lot of people for several reasons- do I get to burn their belongings?

No.

If, however, they were shooting at you from what you later burn, you probably will be allowed to mitigate your criminal plea down a lot!

...for which there is no conclusive proof, as far as I read the news...

That's hilarious.cheesy.gif

No doubt the yellows would never result to violence.

Just so we are correct, the protesters are not really from PAD (i.e. yellow shirts). I'm sure some are PAD members, but the vast majority are ordinary citizens fighting a corrupt government. PAD announced early on they would not participate in these protests. Though I think they are now somewhat involved.

Bangkok People Don't like the Red Shirts after the last siege 3 years ago.

And I don't like a lot of people for several reasons- do I get to burn their belongings?

No.

If, however, they were shooting at you from what you later burn, you probably will be allowed to mitigate your criminal plea down a lot!

...for which there is no conclusive proof, as far as I read the news...

Check the links in this thread. I am sure you can, if you want to, watch the video, read the "englishnews" link and see the photos ... It is not that challenging to see ... Then think about being an angry college kid in an area that a student has been murdered and others attacked.

*btw -- so nobody cries, do not change anything about the text inside of a quote.

• Like 1

I did read...and as far as I recall- unless there has been new facts to this story- they were not sure that this was actually the bus, shoots came from.

And I very well can emphasize with "an angry college kid", yet can not condone burning down anything, because someone had a bad day!

*btw- just "bolded" the part that I was referring to. I would never alter the sense of a message or anything else about it!

*btw/part 2- don't engage in discussions with that "spare"- dude. 100% Troll!

• Like 2

No, that would not be very nice, Doc. Which is why a lot of people in Bangkok have a deep resentment for the redshirts. They have long memories regarding terrorists invading their city in 2010, blockading it for months and trying to burn it down when they finally left.

I would not be surprised if they were chased out of Bangkok by the locals, all the way back to their northern and eastern lairs. thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

anger + mob = burning bus

3rd hand manipulation = burning bus

Conspiracy theories abound but we cannot deny that all 3 factors: anger, mobs and 3rd hands were present that day.

The only way we'll ever know the truth is thru some top notch media sleuths.

I'm not holding my breath waiting for the police report. Not that they're incompetent, but because they're not neutral.

Edited by smileydude