Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

Great win to GWS. Mumford had a good game against old club. I am not a Buddy fan. I wished he had gone to GWS instead of the Swans.

I think Buddy will give us a premiership..next year is my call w00t.gif

Are you sure? The headlines today are saying "Buddy Who". You guys always purchased your star full forwards from ST Kilda. This year you have tried a different supplier. Should have stuck with a trusted manufacturer of full forwards and gone after St Nickbiggrin.png

Great win to GWS. Mumford had a good game against old club. I am not a Buddy fan. I wished he had gone to GWS instead of the Swans.

Are you sure? The headlines today are saying "Buddy Who". You guys always purchased your star full forwards from ST Kilda. This year you have tried a different supplier. Should have stuck with a trusted manufacturer of full forwards and gone after St Nickbiggrin.png

The boys will come good. Not sure if the game day withdrawl of Jack put a big spanner in the works but that was only one factor.

We'd be better moving butterfingers Reid to a defensive position. Centre half back or something. In defense he takes a good mark and can kick.

BUddy and Tippet wlll be on fire this year but like GS says we have to be careful about just kicking it long as a matter of course

• Like 1

The boys will come good. Not sure if the game day withdrawl of Jack put a big spanner in the works but that was only one factor.

We'd be better moving butterfingers Reid to a defensive position. Centre half back or something. In defense he takes a good mark and can kick.

BUddy and Tippet wlll be on fire this year but like GS says we have to be careful about just kicking it long as a matter of course

Buddy was the big showcase and the majority of supporters where swans fans who came to see him in the opening round. GWS knew this very, very well and they nullified him. What was it, 5 possessions for 1.1? Andrew and the AFL will be dribbling because GWS have a real genuine chance of beating St Kilda at Ethiad next game then they play Melbourne at home. The AFL will be expecting good numbers to jump on their band wagon for thier home game. Will get huge media coverage in Sydney.

• Like 1

Buddy was the big showcase and the majority of supporters where swans fans who came to see him in the opening round. GWS knew this very, very well and they nullified him. What was it, 5 possessions for 1.1? Andrew and the AFL will be dribbling because GWS have a real genuine chance of beating St Kilda at Ethiad next game then they play Melbourne at home. The AFL will be expecting good numbers to jump on their band wagon for thier home game. Will get huge media coverage in Sydney.

I'm not sure what u mean about the home game. That was a GWS home game.

Buddy didn't have much of a game but no swans players did. It was bad all over

I understand it was a GWS home game, but GWS have little support at the moment and the majority of supporters at the game were swans to see their new hero (Lockett)

Gold Coast win by 18 points. Ablett 40 disposals and 141 points in the fantasy. I am glad I have him as my captain.

Dito have him also but we don't go head to head until round 3. This was a practice match for the dream team a chance for your to refine.

• Like 1

Gold Coast win by 18 points. Ablett 40 disposals and 141 points in the fantasy. I am glad I have him as my captain.

Dito have him also but we don't go head to head until round 3. This was a practice match for the dream team a chance for your to refine.

Ill be tipping my dreamteam to finish almost last at this stage.

GC looked good and from that performance they might indeed challenge for top 8. I picked Richmond in the tipping.

• Like 1

I understand it was a GWS home game, but GWS have little support at the moment and the majority of supporters at the game were swans to see their new hero (Lockett)

There were a lot of Swans supporters there for sure. Buddy has to lose the beard as he looks ridiculous and clearly affects his performance

Looks like it might be a slowish start to the season for the Swans

There were a lot of Swans supporters there for sure. Buddy has to lose the beard as he looks ridiculous and clearly affects his performance

Looks like it might be a slowish start to the season for the Swans

looks like Ned Kelly just before he was executed

• Like 1

looks like Ned Kelly just before he was executed

He does a bit.

I've always thought Tippet has a very feminine face. Maybe he should grow a beard.

and his comment after the game, "Such is life"

• Like 1

Thanks Junior for that effort, you shall remain skipper until such time as you don't :P

Franklin looked like he needed a mate out there, like Roughy, when one switches off the other fires up. Reid just not up to that level, yet.

Tippett would have shouldered that load today and will (hopefully) do that in the later rounds.

Anyway lots to like about GWS, how's Mummy's form just flatten anyone with a red n white guernsey on, rex hunt... Hahah...

• Like 1

Melbourne forward Mitch Clark on leave from Demons as he battles personal issues

MELBOURNE forward Mitch Clark has been given an extended leave of absence to deal with personal issues.

The Sunday Herald Sun ­understands Clark has been battling what the Demons are calling “health issues’ for some time, and will be given as much time as he needs.

The club has been aware of Clark’s issues, but they have intensified in recent days.

There is an expectation the 26-year-old will be away for a significant period of time to tackle the problems.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/melbourne-forward-mitch-clark-on-leave-from-demons-as-he-battles-personal-issues/story-fndv8pdq-1226855760859

Melbourne forward Mitch Clark on leave from Demons as he battles personal issues

MELBOURNE forward Mitch Clark has been given an extended leave of absence to deal with personal issues.

The Sunday Herald Sun ­understands Clark has been battling what the Demons are calling “health issues’ for some time, and will be given as much time as he needs.

The club has been aware of Clark’s issues, but they have intensified in recent days.

There is an expectation the 26-year-old will be away for a significant period of time to tackle the problems.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/melbourne-forward-mitch-clark-on-leave-from-demons-as-he-battles-personal-issues/story-fndv8pdq-1226855760859

Alcohol, drugs or gambling? laugh.png

I don't think I have recovered from the loss yesterday. Watching GWS , Gold Coast , Richmond, I had visions of the Swans finishing 10th.

Ahhhh to early to make predictions, Swans are slow starters as for the Woods game i turned it off at quarter time was dam boring, as for the new expansion teams people seem to forget there had the pick of the draft last 3 or 4 seasons.

Saints and Dees? hmmmm if i was putting money on it id go with the experience but since im not a betting man Dees for me...as for Clark hes only played a handful of games for us, so theres nothing to miss and it looks like hes finished as a AFL player too long out now were stretching it out to his entire contract as an injuired player.

Off to a flyer...0/3 tips on the money so far!!

Still half a round to go!

The good news for you is no one picked GWS.

The bad news is Chooka picked GC

The good news is Chooka will pick ST Kilda

Yes did and has picked the saints. I have it's only the 1st round and we are only playing Melbourne.

did anyone actually tip western sydney to do the swans, buggered if I even allowed for them to get close, my other picks are good so far. This is going to be an interesting season I think, would be good if it got mixed up a bit and the regular teams dont go as usual. Have to admit I had a bloody great smile on my face when the pies got rolled, my ex and all her family where all pies suporters, they just dont look the goods this year at all.

I think after the 1st 5 rounds GWS will be 5/0 and could be sitting on top of the ladder but it will be all down hill from there.

• Like 1

did anyone actually tip western sydney to do the swans, buggered if I even allowed for them to get close, my other picks are good so far. This is going to be an interesting season I think, would be good if it got mixed up a bit and the regular teams dont go as usual. Have to admit I had a bloody great smile on my face when the pies got rolled, my ex and all her family where all pies suporters, they just dont look the goods this year at all.

I think after the 1st 5 rounds GWS will be 5/0 and could be sitting on top of the ladder but it will be all down hill from there.

after the way they dismantled the swannies, it is a very good possibilty looking at their next 4 games. Its going to be a very interesting season thats for sure, makes it damn hard to pick the winners with uneven form in the mix. The rest of this round is going to be unpredictable I think, will be lucky to have 4 winners.