Good tv series

beechbum

On 12/18/2017 at 11:40 AM, Psimbo said:

Along similar lines I'd put S3 of Narcos up there as well- it seems to be a popular theme at the moment (haven't tried El Chapo yet).

Watched American Made last night about Barry Seal. Not a great fan of Tiny Tom but an interesting perspective on the whole thing and a decent film.

Season 3 of Narcos probably wins the best returning series award. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

Just watched the first season of  "tin Star"   very worth while watching....

I didn't get past the 1st episode, will give it another go though.

Edited by beechbum

1 hour ago, phuketrichard said:

really gets going after 3rd episode.

also "good behavior"

Yes, been watching Good Behaviour. A real revelation watching Michelle Dockery (Lady Mary from Downton Abbey) as an American con-artist and junkie. No idea she was such a good actress.

3 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Yes, been watching Good Behaviour. A real revelation watching Michelle Dockery (Lady Mary from Downton Abbey) as an American con-artist and junkie. No idea she was such a good actress.

see her in Godless, good show if not mentioned before

On 1/3/2018 at 11:35 AM, beechbum said:

I didn't get past the 1st episode, will give it another go though.

I was the same- glad I didn't give up on it in the end.

Watched an interesting documentary, 'Command and Control' about a Titan missile explosion in Arkansas in 1980 yesterday. 

Why were Titans in Arkansas- because it was the head of the appropriation committee's state- PORK!

Addenda- it was just outside Damascus- spooky!

A bit off topic but we don't seem to have a movie bit. Have watched  Last Flag Flying and The Foreigner over the past few days, both pretty good. Cranston great in the first one, as was Brosnan (and Chan- who seems to look more and more like Dustin Hoffman)  in the second. Darkes Hour with Gary Oldman next.

• Like 1

A bit off topic but we don't seem to have a movie bit. Have watched  Last Flag Flying and The Foreigner over the past few days, both pretty good. Cranston great in the first one, as was Brosnan (and Chan- who seems to look more and more like Dustin Hoffman)  in the second. Darkes Hour with Gary Oldman next.
Yeah I enjoyed the Foreigner. Couldn't work out what to make of it at first. Also just watched The Snowman. Kinda remided of Fortitude, likely because of the bleak snowy conditions (makes me feel lucky to live here - jeez no way could I live somewhere like that).

Sent using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 03/01/2018 at 8:28 PM, steve187 said:

see her in Godless, good show if not mentioned before

I started watching Godless but found it quite hard work; a little slow and laborious. 

Should I stick with it or is this the general pace of the whole series?

8 minutes ago, madmitch said:

I started watching Godless but found it quite hard work; a little slow and laborious. 

Same here, slow, plodding and bleak.  Just seems to major on the hardship of frontier existence with a story (if there is one) that takes for ever to unfold.  Was quite surprised given the headline reviews it got, less surprised once I delved deeper.

3 hours ago, SooKee said:

Yeah I enjoyed the Foreigner. Couldn't work out what to make of it at first. Also just watched The Snowman. Kinda remided of Fortitude, likely because of the bleak snowy conditions (makes me feel lucky to live here - jeez no way could I live somewhere like that).

Sent using Tapatalk

The Foreigner is based on Stephen Leather's The Chinaman. Obviously in the snowflake world we live in now the title would have been unacceptable! One of his better books and worth a read. They did a good job raising it from the 90s to present day.

Intrigued by The Snowman- based on a Nesbo book, all Skandies in the production team and it's marketed as a Brit film, lol.

• Like 1

Yes, it’s gritty, dirty and (in my eyes) better than the average hysterical drama from USA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Foreigner is based on Stephen Leather's The Chinaman. Obviously in the snowflake world we live in now the title would have been unacceptable! One of his better books and worth a read. They did a good job raising it from the 90s to present day.

Intrigued by The Snowman- based on a Nesbo book, all Skandies in the production team and it's marketed as a Brit film, lol.
I actually thought the cast might mean it would be at least decent. Michael Fassbender, Rebecca Ferguson and Val Kilmer (really??). But it does plod. Decent enough twist though.

Sent using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, SooKee said:

I actually thought the cast might mean it would be at least decent. Michael Fassbender, Rebecca Ferguson and Val Kilmer (really??). But it does plod. Decent enough twist though.

Sent using Tapatalk

I find the books the same but Harry has a downtrodden personality that I like.

11 hours ago, madmitch said:

i would stick with it but we all like different genres

• Like 1