'Keep children out of protests'

Lite Beer

Yeah, I truly believe that a 6 year old and a 9 year old Thai child asked to be taken to the anti governemnt/corruption protest, most 6 -9 year olds I have known in my life wouldn't have a clue as to what a protest was!!
The Anti American rhetoric that's also coming from a certain face book writer with a cult following is getting a bit bonkers, old women who wouldn't know Obama if he sat in a tuk tuk with them are spouting out pure hatred. I thought this was a so called peaceful demonstration that was focused on getting the PM to stand down and against corruption, it seems like they now know this is a lost cause for the time being and now starting to harp on about US Foreign Policy over a letter that may or may not have come from a US Senator to President Obama regarding his plea to support the current caretaker PM, there is no Governemnt, it was absolved!! .. talk about smoke and mirrors!! ??

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Including those big children like Suthep who spreads his lies to incite the protesters. Not only that but also threatening the children of the government families. What a shameful example of a leader he is.

The kids shouldn't be exposed to any of this full stop, rantings of a madman.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You know the red shirts did this in 2010 too? Have the same opinion about them?

Yes. Now jog on please.

Quote: "Some parents have brought their children to join the anti-government protests in the hope that they might learn about democracy" !st lesson for democracy children. If you don't like something stamp your feet hard and long enough and maybe you can bring down a legitimately elected government. 2nd lesson try to install some of your cronies in the guise of a people's unelected gang to ruin what's left of any government but ensures the rich Bangkok people who funded the protests get their nose back to the troughs. Lesson 3 prevent people from voting. That children is the 1,2,3 of democracy and the World think we're really cool for renaming anarchy to democracy

Including those big children like Suthep who spreads his lies to incite the protesters. Not only that but also threatening the children of the government families. What a shameful example of a leader he is.

Do you believe anything YL trots out, or her cousin or crooked brother or the buffoons surrounding them?

I recall a red shirt leader threatening the daughters of the army c-i-c.

All equally disgraceful, yet you only single Suthep out. Shows your bias.

Quote: "Some parents have brought their children to join the anti-government protests in the hope that they might learn about democracy" !st lesson for democracy children. If you don't like something stamp your feet hard and long enough and maybe you can bring down a legitimately elected government. 2nd lesson try to install some of your cronies in the guise of a people's unelected gang to ruin what's left of any government but ensures the rich Bangkok people who funded the protests get their nose back to the troughs. Lesson 3 prevent people from voting. That children is the 1,2,3 of democracy and the World think we're really cool for renaming anarchy to democracy

You forgot the lessons about removing a corrupt government that acts illegally, puts itself above the law, tries to suppress free speech and cheats in parliament.

Oh, sorry forgot. If its been democratically elected they can do what they want in your view.

You forgot the lessons about removing a corrupt government that acts illegally, puts itself above the law, tries to suppress free speech and cheats in parliament.

Oh, sorry forgot. If its been democratically elected they can do what they want in your view.

you're like a stuck record dude. Are you saying this justifies putting childrem in harm's way? There have been bombings, grenades and general violence but you side with the dimwitted ones and think it's okay to put your children in the line of fire? You probably ride around Pattaya on your Click with your young kid on your lap thinking that's cool too.

I'm not saying it isn't corrupt but whatever replaces it (if indeed it gets replaced) will be just as corrupt. If the people really want this government out, why are they scared to go to the polls? I'll tell you so you don't need to tax your wee brain. Because they know they won't win. The "people" - at least the majority prefer this corrupt lot to your corrupt lot and will vote tyhem back in mush.

Edited by Alwyn
  • Like 1

you're like a stuck record dude. Are you saying this justifies putting childrem in harm's way? There have been bombings, grenades and general violence but you side with the dimwitted ones and think it's okay to put your children in the line of fire? You probably ride around Pattaya on your Click with your young kid on your lap thinking that's cool too.

Hear hear!

To date: 4 dead and 238 injured.

Sure, throw those kids right into the lions' den and call it "education."

Sent from my tin can via string

I tell you what.

These kinda people give a dam* about an "expert" advise or how negative the impact on their kids may be. The only thing these fanatic "*********** ****-******" care is about themselves!

I can testify that first hand. My "self-caring" ex is one of them!

There's a FAT line between leadership and dictatorship. But, that, of course, does not apply to Thai leadership, mind us.

We just don't understand.

Does this apply to all protesters or just the ones with yellow shirts.

The protesters want to protest, the photo shows what seems to be a very peaceful family oriented event with a band playing, everybody seems to be having a great time.

Pity about the rent'a'fugs tossing those M26 firecrackers around.

Just can't resist any way to skew anything to take a twist of the knife can you.....

Unlike those lovely red shirts who used women and children as human shields and killed many peoples children ( everybody is someone's child ).

And as for lieing and inciting protestors, Suteb has not been lieing. The reds made an art of inciting protestors, many videos as proof of that...What a shameful example all those red shirt rioters were.

On a serious note I agree that children should not be present at protests however peaceful they may be when there are government backed violent nutters trying to kill them in cowardly surprise attacks.But all parents with children who are old enough to understand should try and take this opportunity to educate their kids on what is going on but from a safe distance.

At the end of the day the kids are at the protest because if they were not, they would be home alone....simple. Stop thinking up all these noble causes like 'learning about democracy', or 'learning about anti-corruption', they are kids and they go where their parents go, I doubt it has anything to do with some higher educational motive. "son, come to the protest with me and your Mum or stay at home all weekend with Khun Yai, and make sure you help with her chores and cooking and taking her to the toilet'........'think i want to go to the protests Dad'.

I missed that Lite Beer threaded this. Apologies to Lite Beer. wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

I can understand why a foreigner might hold these sentiments.

I am so used to the Thai perspective that I thought this was another one of those double-standard views of theirs regarding their sacred little ones.

• 1 month later...

Now an eight-year-old girl to shot in the head at the protests in Trat. Continued unconscionable behavior by irresponsible parents.

Absolutely. Who could possibly consider taking their family to a political meeting in Trat that renowned centre of terrorist violence.

Any protest site is now "open season" for hunting by the opposition.

Parents should take notice and leave the kids with the grandparents. Unless, of course the grandparents are also irresponsible enough to bring children to such flash points of danger.

What an nonsense:

"BANGKOK: -- Experts warn the high noise levels, overcrowded conditions and bad language can have negative impact

Some parents have brought their children to join the anti-government protests in the hope that they might learn about democracy and be part of the historic events, but experts warn the experience could have a negative effect on children's mental and physical health due to the exposure to loud noise and over-crowded conditions. Children might also end up copying the bad behaviour of some protesters, they said."

bad language.....yes that is real life....get used to it.

Copying bad behaviour? Maybe but also copying good behaviour......Parents have to guide them and explain.

"She also warned that prolonged exposure to loud noises beyond the safety level of 50 decibels might affect their hearing, while overcrowded conditions amid changing weather conditions could lead to them catching flu."

Normal conversation is 45-60 decibels. So for their safety you shouldn't even speak with your children......Catching the flu because of the weather conditions?????

The article is simply ridiculous .....

Now an eight-year-old girl to shot in the head at the protests in Trat. Continued unconscionable behavior by irresponsible parents.

In another article it was stated the people who gathered there thought they were in a safe area considering their political leanings. There is also the possibility that parents want to be involved in genuine protest but do not have the luxury of leaving their kids at home or with grandparents but the reality is the unconscionable, despicable behaviour was on the part of the shooters who are nothing short of low life scumbag terrorists.

Suthep is using them for his human shields bah.gif

This man cares about no one but himself, a bully and a coward.

Karma will catch up with him, just wait and see.

And your karma will be to end up in a world full of b/s artists like yourself. The closest thing I have seen, in this country, of using children for human shields was during the red occupation of Bangkok with some of them holding their kids up above the barriers they had built.

There is also the possibility that parents want to be involved in genuine protest but do not have the luxury of leaving their kids at home or with grandparents....

Yes, your point is very clear. They obviously value their own political aspirations over the lives and safety of the Innocents. God forbid they would consider staying safely at home.

Another good example of the selfish nature of this anti-democracy movement. The only important thing is that the elite grab the power, unelected, at the expense of everyone else including the safety of

their own children.

Edited by Fookhaht

...but the reality is the unconscionable, despicable behaviour was on the part of the shooters who are nothing short of low life scumbag terrorists.

Stop being an apologist for irresponsible parents. In reality it takes a VILLAGE to protect children and the innocents – starting with parental responsibility, especially in uncertain times.