Ex-PMs Thaksin Shinawatra, Yingluck Shinawatra to establish government in exile

Lite Beer

Well, Thaksin's nineteenth retirement from politics didn't last very ( though perhaps longer than most - three days ). As always, Thaksin shoots from the hip and thinks later. It never occurred to him he might be putting his sister in a very delicate position - as she's still in detention ! ( One can almost imagine her reaction to her brother's announcement - assuming she has access to that - " Gee, thanks a lot, bro ! " ) Needless to say, Robert Amsterdam isn't listing what countries could possibly be interested in such a vaudevillian spectacle ( Kazakhstan ? ) but one gets the feeling that good old Hun Sen would lend a hand, having such a first-hand knowledge of human rights and free expression.

It is understood that the Shinawatra-led Red Shirts protest movement was anxious to make the government in exile decision public ahead of a widely anticipated statement from the Palace giving direct or veiled support of the monarchy to the military take-over. "

This seems entirely credible, because that would ( and will ) severely undercut Thaksin's stand. Thaksin is clearly trying to inspire international sympathy, and he may very well indeed see some lip service to that regard. But in the end, no country of any reasonable stature in going to step into this mess. Thaksin is more emotional in his decisions than rational. But at some point some one may need to point out to him that -

- Prayuth holds all the cards. Yingluck is detained, and Thaksin's announcement is not likely to speed up her release. All the top leaders of the UDD are detained. Chief of police Adul has been relieved. CAPO is gone. UDD radio stations are down, all UDD rallies disbanded. Prompong is under detention. There is a curfew and a resolve at the borders to contain any violent movements. All the cards are in Prayuth's hands.

Which means - at the end of the day - it will be he - and not Thaksin - who sets the terms.

It would ensure victory for Thaksin down the road. See my post above. Kerry has already denounced the coup. Putting Yingluck under house arrest would just further his anger toward those who have enslaved the US's loyal ally.

Edited by mesquite

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone who doesnt realise what is going on by now, really must be of questionable intelligence.

And do you count yourself among those with questionable intelligence?

I was told what was going on 3 months ago by my wife who is good friends with an active PDRC protestor. The Telegraph link confirms all I have been told.

Well, Thaksin's nineteenth retirement from politics didn't last very ( though perhaps longer than most - three days ). As always, Thaksin shoots from the hip and thinks later. It never occurred to him he might be putting his sister in a very delicate position - as she's still in detention ! ( One can almost imagine her reaction to her brother's announcement - assuming she has access to that - " Gee, thanks a lot, bro ! " ) Needless to say, Robert Amsterdam isn't listing what countries could possibly be interested in such a vaudevillian spectacle ( Kazakhstan ? ) but one gets the feeling that good old Hun Sen would lend a hand, having such a first-hand knowledge of human rights and free expression.

It is understood that the Shinawatra-led Red Shirts protest movement was anxious to make the government in exile decision public ahead of a widely anticipated statement from the Palace giving direct or veiled support of the monarchy to the military take-over. "

This seems entirely credible, because that would ( and will ) severely undercut Thaksin's stand. Thaksin is clearly trying to inspire international sympathy, and he may very well indeed see some lip service to that regard. But in the end, no country of any reasonable stature in going to step into this mess. Thaksin is more emotional in his decisions than rational. But at some point some one may need to point out to him that -

- Prayuth holds all the cards. Yingluck is detained, and Thaksin's announcement is not likely to speed up her release. All the top leaders of the UDD are detained. Chief of police Adul has been relieved. CAPO is gone. UDD radio stations are down, all UDD rallies disbanded. Prompong is under detention. There is a curfew and a resolve at the borders to contain any violent movements. All the cards are in Prayuth's hands.

Which means - at the end of the day - it will be he - and not Thaksin - who sets the terms.

Thaksin has made it pretty clear by his actions over the last few years that he doesn't care what happens to his sister. She's expendable in his quest for power.

Edited by daboyz1

Anyone who doesnt realise what is going on by now, really must be of questionable intelligence.

And do you count yourself among those with questionable intelligence?

I was told what was going on 3 months ago by my wife who is good friends with an active PDRC protestor. The Telegraph link confirms all I have been told.

And what exactly was confirmed for you?

Isn't the general walking a tightrope? Isn't YS very popular in many areas? Is there a risk in holding her too long?

Is that what Thaksin is hoping for with his announcement? Hold YS captive and start an internal rebellion?

Thaksin and YS are very popular in some places. Enough places to matter. And Thaksin really has the connections.

This isn't over yet.

Are you sure?cheesy.gif

Wow, talk about bad timing. I wouldn't want to be YS in detention right now.

Maybe the Army are showing her the error of her ways and she may turn on bro.,he has never done her any favours.Listening to Yes men all day would do your head in,so getting a different perspective on the situation may enlighten her,i said may.More to come in this soap opera yet,this is better than television and what a comedy/drama/fantasy reality show it would make.

"They don't want a coup, they don't want military rule in this country and they are making their voices heard," she told ABC News 24.

"I would say it's a real mix of people. It's women, old and young, and there are men, old and young as well. There are students.

ABC news only reporting on what the anti coup protesters are saying...hmmm wonder why? I 've spoken to a few thais up here in red shirt country and so far they all welcome the coup....ABC news a one sided news source, of course they want to promote USA gov. sentiments. of anti coup. The thais want no interference from outside esp. the USA....they have also said the commander of the junta is a good guy, they seem to trust his actions so far....

aster hearing this i actually feel better...

But the Thaksin rumblings makes me wonder how stable it's going to be around here???

Well, I think he has just assured an extended period of detention for all PTP members currently in custody, and I now envisage an all-out effort to get KhunT back to Thailand to face the music. This has to be the craziest thing Thaksin has ever set out to do, and it will certainly prove to be his undoing...!!

It is getting melodramatic.

He is so powerhungry that he will try anything to get power, including a civil war.

There is no way that any cfountry in SE Asia is going togive them sanctuary.

North Korea maybe.

ASEAN no way it would mean the end of ASEAN

China not a chance noting in it for them

India - new gov't with it's own issues.

Pakistan sorry not islamic

I think one of the African countries might give them sanctuary however,it will be interesting. Also tell me a government in exile that actually accomplished anything.

Again it is a case of the PT Thaksin party yapping for the same of yapping.

Do these people not understand PR.

PRBKK where is your PT slant n this???????

I hope they let her go soon and resolve this. If something happens to her in custody. there will be big problems.

What a joke! Problems from who, from what? Her bro? Red shirts? She should have stepped down long ago and she knows that very well. Som na na.

Well, I think he has just assured an extended period of detention for all PTP members currently in custody, and I now envisage an all-out effort to get KhunT back to Thailand to face the music. This has to be the craziest thing Thaksin has ever set out to do, and it will certainly prove to be his undoing...!!

Great brotherly love, throw your sister under the bus for your own ends.

Under the bus and reverse back over her,several times!

• Like 1

Government in exile is a fantasy. Even so, I don't think I'd want my lawyer spouting off about it while I'm in custody of the military.

That's one point.

Another one is that apparently the ThaiVisa editor, in his/her rush to get every possible rumour in print here, didn't bother to wonder, "Hmmmm, 16 hours after this story broke, it is STILL exclusive and no one else is carrying this story." One possibility is that only the ABC cares about the latest developments in Thailand. That's one possibility.

There is nothing in print or broadcast media anywhere in the world except this (alleged, I suppose) statement by Mr Amsterdam, who apparently during the past 16 hours has earned the 100% Trustworthy Seal Of Approval By ThaiVisa Analysts.

Rather obviously, Yingluck did NOT address the question of government in exile. A wide-ranging search discovers that, neither did Thaksin. Are the ThaiVisa World Experts really that certain about the bona fides of Mr Amsterdam all of a sudden? It wouldn't surprise me, the amount of slithering and twisting going on here.

I got a bit lost with the point you were trying to make . . . if it's posted on Robert Amsterdam's own personal website, are you saying that it wasn't said?

http://robertamsterdam.com/thailand/

• Like 1

Government in exile is a fantasy. Even so, I don't think I'd want my lawyer spouting off about it while I'm in custody of the military.

That's one point.

Another one is that apparently the ThaiVisa editor, in his/her rush to get every possible rumour in print here, didn't bother to wonder, "Hmmmm, 16 hours after this story broke, it is STILL exclusive and no one else is carrying this story." One possibility is that only the ABC cares about the latest developments in Thailand. That's one possibility.

There is nothing in print or broadcast media anywhere in the world except this (alleged, I suppose) statement by Mr Amsterdam, who apparently during the past 16 hours has earned the 100% Trustworthy Seal Of Approval By ThaiVisa Analysts.

Rather obviously, Yingluck did NOT address the question of government in exile. A wide-ranging search discovers that, neither did Thaksin. Are the ThaiVisa World Experts really that certain about the bona fides of Mr Amsterdam all of a sudden? It wouldn't surprise me, the amount of slithering and twisting going on here.

I watched ABC news this morning and Ansterdam was talking to the host.

Unless ABC as the unfair and unbalanced news channel made it all up, I won't put the onus on the TV editor.

You ever heard of Google?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There is no way that any cfountry in SE Asia is going togive them sanctuary.

North Korea maybe.

ASEAN no way it would mean the end of ASEAN

China not a chance noting in it for them

India - new gov't with it's own issues.

Pakistan sorry not islamic

I think one of the African countries might give them sanctuary however,it will be interesting. Also tell me a government in exile that actually accomplished anything.

Again it is a case of the PT Thaksin party yapping for the same of yapping.

Do these people not understand PR.

PRBKK where is your PT slant n this???????

They were referring to Cambodia . . .

Very stupid to make such a statement while your little sister sits with the military. This would be a direct challenge to the monarchy and surely a case of treason. And any country willing to support Thaksin's formation of another government would only come from other dictatorships or authoritarian regimes.

Time for some serious executions about now.

Edited by tomyummer

Dream on,

There is no money to be stolen unless you governing inside Thailand ,

Who in the rest of the world is going to recognise a convicted criminal fugative as a Countries leader, other than maybe a few countries also run by criminals.

You really do have such a short memory Gunna! Don't you know that Nelson Mandela was a convicted criminal.

Just like Thaksin, he was put through a kangaroo court by his political enemies, but eventually came out on top. So in your ignorance, i think that you had better watch out for the likes of Thaksin and the reds. Anyhow, good luck in your dreams, they can only fail in the long run, because the masses are against your lot ruling the roost down in Bangkok. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Great brotherly love, throw your sister under the bus for your own ends.

I think the brother's name was misspelled, it is TOXIN, not Thaksin... Truly a man suffer from dementia..... cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Kerrysum ! you are brilliant, why don't you offer your talent to Prayuth, he needs people like you. cheesy.gif