Throttle Body keep or replace?

This thread is exactly one of the reasons why I want to build myself an EFI injector flow & cycling test bench. I do recall reading somewhere that there is an EFI flow bench in Bangkok

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

Going to just do the syringe/carb cleaner method and see what happens. I've seen those test bench cleanersv from china around $700.

3M makes - or used to - make a FI cleaning system where you hook up a can of cleaner to your fuel rail, and let the cleaner flow thru the injectors and rail or throttle body.

Worked well.

But for testing you need a dedicated flow bench designed for it - as Garry says above.

3M makes - or used to - make a FI cleaning system where you hook up a can of cleaner to your fuel rail, and let the cleaner flow thru the injectors and rail or throttle body.

Worked well.

But for testing you need a dedicated flow bench designed for it - as Garry says above.

Agreed!

I am gonna do something like this link i got from gt rider

Edited by yankee99

Was it working before you took it off the bike?

What exactly do you mean by working? The bike was running good but fouling pkugs.

20140524_181827.jpg

Looks like worn out Iridium plugs. Too much fuel or change the plugs.

At 2500 baht a set think I'll fix the problem before changing plugs.

As far as the colour of the plugs. Generally if the ECU gets a bad or no signal from some sensors it defaults to rich. This could be the cause of the black plugs. Or the temp sensor is faulty and the starting enrichment is being maintained.

Of course if the bike has ultra high mileage I guess the injectors could be worn or if the bike is third or fourth hand, in this country, they are not necessarily the correct ones for the bike!

What exactly do you mean by working? The bike was running good but fouling pkugs.

20140524_181827.jpg

You don't think worn out plugs could cause this? You bike does not require iridium plugs to run. Buy a cheaper type.

Throw the whole thing in a bucket of malaises for 10 days....then when you pull it out and wash it it will look brand new!

What is malaises?

I think he is talking about Chelating which is a rust removal process using molasses.

Yankee... With the way those plugs look, do you think you might have worn valve guides from the high lift cam the 600 uses? If you use a lot of engine braking, it will suck oil down the valve guides and coke up your plugs like that. If it gets bad enough, your exhaust will have smoke when you get on it after using the engine to decelerate.

Yankee... With the way those plugs look, do you think you might have worn valve guides from the high lift cam the 600 uses? If you use a lot of engine braking, it will suck oil down the valve guides and coke up your plugs like that. If it gets bad enough, your exhaust will have smoke when you get on it after using the engine to decelerate.

Could be if the plugs are "moist" rather than dry.

20140524_181827.jpg

You don't think worn out plugs could cause this? You bike does not require iridium plugs to run. Buy a cheaper type.

Yes i believe worn out plugs could cause this. I should have said in the op that the plugs have less them 1,500 miles on them so ruined maybe but not worn out. Yes the bike does require iridium.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a update!

Found cbr250r injector o rings are the same as the cbr600rr

In case anyone is following this thread. I cleaned the old plugs with muriatic acid, installed new o rings and ran the bike to temp. Before plugs would carbon foul after running it up to temp.

Now the plugs look good so i believe problem solved.

Congrats! Your quite handy in the shop

to have figured out that O ring swap so quickly

Hopefully it holds true when you track time it again. After all the work you did on it you deserve the break. I myself would still run the 5% benzine over the 10 % gasohol. Pretty cheap for the benefit. Casaba does not burn well at all!

Just a update!

Found cbr250r injector o rings are the same as the cbr600rr

In case anyone is following this thread. I cleaned the old plugs with muriatic acid, installed new o rings and ran the bike to temp. Before plugs would carbon foul after running it up to temp.

Now the plugs look good so i believe problem solved.

Congrats! Your quite handy in the shop

to have figured out that O ring swap so quickly

Partzilla has a way to cross a part and show every model it fits.

• Like 1

Hopefully it holds true when you track time it again. After all the work you did on it you deserve the break. I myself would still run the 5% benzine over the 10 % gasohol. Pretty cheap for the benefit. Casaba does not burn well at all!

I think that the bike sat for x years surely caused this issue. If benzine was sold near me i would definitely use it all the time. Now it will be used based on availability

I think that the bike sat for x years surely caused this issue. If benzine was sold near me i would definitely use it all the time. Now it will be used based on availability

Definitely worth it IMO, my GSXR is a similar age (2005) and I only use benzine (I'm lucky that it's easy to find in the Ladprao/Nawamin area of BKK) and I've had no issues at all. The only time I'll use Gasohol is when I'm touring and can't find benzine, but then it tends to get burnt the same day it goes in the tank so no worries...

It's a pain in the ass but i have my gal hold the 5gallon container & keep it topped up every 2 months use & renew the 5 Gallons. If they had 106 octane here accessible I would burn that on the street as it is pretty inexpensive compared to a lot of other accessories to add on. And the head always looks clean & not much carbon on the valves or in the barrels. If it cost me $400.00 to have a top runner I will always pay the premium.They are finding out Ethanol in America is destroying motors & are already looking for a new implement.Corn burns about as good as casava