Kawasaki unveiling some new Ninja

mania

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The H2 (street version) will have 200 BHP at 11k RPM aswell as 133.5 nM torque at 10.5k RPM.

238kg dry weight, 17 liter tank so wet weight will be over 245kg. I think that is a bit heavy.

Prices starting at 25.5k Euro in Europe, about 32k USD.

They tuned the H2R down for the H2 so much that I think the R1, Panigale and RCV213V-S actually might be better in the end.

For R1 and the Panigale 1299 you get about the same power with much less weight and cheaper on top. Have to wait for more details about the Honda.

I feel slightly disappointed by the H2, coming from the H2R high. What do you guys think?

The H2 (street version) will have 200 BHP at 11k RPM aswell as 133.5 nM torque at 10.5k RPM.

238kg dry weight, 17 liter tank so wet weight will be over 245kg. I think that is a bit heavy.

They tuned the H2R down for the H2 so much that I think the R1, Panigale and RCV213V-S actually might be better in the end.

For R1 and the Panigale 1299 you get about the same power with much less weight and cheaper on top. Have to wait for more details about the Honda.

I feel slightly disappointed by the H2, coming from the H2R high. What do you guys think?

I don't think the numbers game works here.....

It's got a Supercharger....quite a unique power band on a one-litre bike I am guessing?

It's got a Supercharger....quite a unique power band on a one-litre bike I am guessing?

it is a superbike at the end.

so needs to be light of course.

but 245 kg? my god!

funny. so where is the advantage of the supercharger then? especially while yamaha or honda is doing same power or more with less than 200 kg without any forced induction.

disappointing.

but 245 kg? my god!

funny. so where is the advantage of the supercharger then? especially while yamaha or honda is doing same power or more with less than 200 kg without any forced induction.

disappointing.

indeed

expected something inbetween 225-230.

but i am sure those hardcore speed junkies will just rip it apart and fit in some turbo and have it their way then since the engine is built for this kind of pressure.

The R1 looks very appealing. Always loved the exhaust of the 2009+ R1. hope the new one will have the same tone note. Hope the price won't increase

Those numbers are less than I expected- it's weighs 20kg less than a ZX-14R (6kg less after the huge exhaust is dumped), and it makes the same horsepower and 30nM (20lb/ft) less torque. It probably has a lot of tuning potential, though. I don't think it will be the fastest literbike on the street, let alone the fastest bike period.

but 245 kg? my god!

disappointing.

I think that the supercharger would provide a waaaaaaaay more fun experience, but I'd have to ride it to know obviously!

Without knowing jack about the bike really, I am guessing that for some it will be pretty cool to have a street legal supercharged litre bike, with an engine that is based on one that puts out 300 ponies.

Not my type/category of bike, but I think this is an example of some pretty cool development in the bike market which is always good to see.

Screen_Shot_2014_11_04_at_23_44_52.png

Screen_Shot_2014_11_04_at_23_58_50.jpg

At least at 25k Euro or USD it is something obtainable for many enthusiast who

would like something like this

The Honda RC213V announced today is strictly Unobtanium & was really only released probably

to satisfy the WSBK homologation rules ( they need to produce 125 units to start the process) as it is pretty well assumed Honda will enter WSBK next year

But it will be priced in that vain & not really aimed at street riders.

Nearly all websites say 238kg curb weight so I have to take the 245kg back. But the point that R1, S1000RR, Panigale and others make the same power at much lower weights and without supercharger stands. The H2 though has more torque. Will be an interesting year. I am glad they all got up to speed with electronics though, as these will hopefully trickle down to cheaper bikes in a few years.

MCN is saying 207hp.

The low numbers (and corresponding mild state-of-tune) have to be a warranty issue. What kind of warranty do you get with the 300hp H2R race bike? It's got to be extremely limited at best (like with everything made for track use)- it sure won't be 3yrs/36K. Kawi doesn't want to be shelling out big dollars on warranty claims for the street version- it can likely be easily bumped up, but the service center won't be fixing it for free if it blows up.;)

i hope it has at least 220 hp to compensate the 238,5 kg weight. if 220 hp, more people lean towards it and forget the weight.

if it is 200 hp, people go buy the new yamaha r1 or r1m or similar new superbikes witha lot less weight with similar power -and lower price sure.

still, i believe good job from kawa for making it at least having the guts to make it and i believe still it is a tech power show for kawa and they succeed it although the high weight broke my heart a lot and disappointing:(

also h2 looks great IMO, like a sci fi space fighter. great color and loved the green chassis and all futuristic design elements. a less busy design. hope it will not age fast like other sharp and busy kawa designs.

So, it will be more like a kawa zx14r replacement than a track fighter i believe.

and as a start with forced induction, kawasaki's move will be pushing others to do similar bikes but i hope a 150 hp turbo bike at 190 kg max for cheap! this is what world needs imo.

Edited by ll2

Interestingly the official Kawasaki.com website gives you all kinds of specs but omits power and torque numbers. Kawasaki.de though says 200 BHP so I think that's the official number.

http://www.kawasaki.de/de/products/supersport/2015/ninja_h2/specifications?Uid=0983Xl8JUV8NXw5YCwkLXAtaWwlRWAkMXV4OCVxdDQoNCVE

The H2R has 310 BHP and 22kg lighter. What a huge difference.

The H2R has 310 BHP and 22kg lighter. What a huge difference.

True but one wonders what the price difference will be between those :)

Since I like to keep a spreadsheet of bikes specs, HP,weight,bore,stroke etc etc

It is easy enough to tell the spreadsheet to add a column of Baht or $$ per horsepower

Kind of funny to look at.

Of course means nothing but it is pretty consistent & you do see some deals in that light too.

But means nothing because of course folks want what revs their heart (steal Yamaha's slogan :) )

But fun to look at anyway but of course also realize a 200hp vs say a 80hp & that price per HP makes

a big difference

price per hp makes no sense IMO.

what makes sense is the capability of the bike to handle a specific hp and need. are the suspensions are good? tires? brakes? chassis? A bike is a combination of both but yes, it might be a fun data to keep that is another story.

if price per hp, big metal American muscles cars comes to my mind. You can buy for cheap at 600 hp but less handling, traction and grip and a 300 hp japanese turbo car past them in the first corner.

or drag race bikes with a lot of hp but can only go straight.

or what abut a 10,000 USD KTM or Yamaha MX bikes?

Edited by ll2

But fun to look at anyway but of course also realize a 200hp vs say a 80hp & that price per HP makes

a big difference

And handy to compare different brands.

All the major manufacturers of - lets say 150 HP bikes - will equip them with good enuf chassis components to get the job done.

But there are always those buyers who hear the magic names - Ohlins, Brembo, etc - that they have to have a bike with those top shelf components.

No matter if they never ride - or are unable to ride - the bike to the limits of the stock suspension, let alone world class components.

And if you ride well enuf to use the top shelf parts, you will soon be looking for more HP anyway.

Honda Wave is pretty hard to beat in that respect...

One would think so but its not

Honda Wave 125 runs about 50-55k & has 9.1 HP so roughly 5500-6000 baht per HP

Same as most 250/300 sized bikes

Actually bikes like

the Honda 650, Kawasaki 650 & 800 are the lowest baht/hp roughly 3400baht/hp

but uninspired bikes

The Yamaha FZ09 is a good deal at 3800 baht/hp

Panigale Jr not bad & same as the 250/300 types at 5k/hp

But the big Panigale is 7k+ per hp

As I said in my post though just a fun thing to look at & meaningless if the bike

is not what you like....like those uninspired ones I mentioned.

Edited by mania

Some more info here:

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/25-000-kawasaki-h2-street-114950752.html

25K $, not too bad, it's looks really mean.

I bet RSD and others are already saving upbiggrin.png

I think I will stick to my plan of buying a ER6n, LOL.

If I didn't already have a 14R I'd be very interested, but the new R1, S1000RR, and 1299 Panigale are more appealing to me as they're more of a departure from my current bike.

If it turns out to be easy to get 300 reliable horsepower out of it my mind might change, though...;)

• 3 weeks later...

Malaysia : Priced at RM150,000, Kawasaki H2 is now standing in par along with a Ducati Panigale & BMW S1000RR (even HP4) in Malaysia. However, does the price makes it exclusive? Somehow in Malaysia, the Continental bikes still belongs to the premium side. Kawasaki launched both H2 and H2R yesterday in Kuala Lumpur and revealed the price tag for both H2 and H2R. Although the price for H2 was surprisingly below expectation which makes it competitive; the H2R however was slightly above expectation priced at somewhere around RM300,000. For this much talked about monster, it is way below the Italian competitor; the Panigale Superleggera which is priced at RM499K. Both is now the premium machine for each brand. However when it comes to andrenalin rush, the Superleggera is no where near the H2R.

Enough of numbers and back to the question of exclusivity. Kawasaki announced that to own either H2 or H2R, you need to have experience riding a supersports at least. Upon placing order, your names will be submitted to Kawasaki Malaysia and you are required to be at their HQ for a test; to prove that you are capable of handling a supersports. It is unclear if they will loan you a ZX10 or ZX14 for the test. In other words, you need to have a H2 Licence from Kawasaki to own a H2! Now that is exclusive. So if you have been riding a naked sports all this while, it would be difficult or you to get a H2!

When asked by media on what is the difference between a ZX10 and H2, the Japanese representative from Kawasaki replied, "ZX10R have a better handling and H2 will give you better fun."

Malaysia : Priced at RM150,000, Kawasaki H2 is now standing in par along with a Ducati Panigale & BMW S1000RR (even HP4) in Malaysia. However, does the price makes it exclusive? Somehow in Malaysia, the Continental bikes still belongs to the premium side. Kawasaki launched both H2 and H2R yesterday in Kuala Lumpur and revealed the price tag for both H2 and H2R. Although the price for H2 was surprisingly below expectation which makes it competitive; the H2R however was slightly above expectation priced at somewhere around RM300,000. For this much talked about monster, it is way below the Italian competitor; the Panigale Superleggera which is priced at RM499K. Both is now the premium machine for each brand. However when it comes to andrenalin rush, the Superleggera is no where near the H2R.

Enough of numbers and back to the question of exclusivity. Kawasaki announced that to own either H2 or H2R, you need to have experience riding a supersports at least. Upon placing order, your names will be submitted to Kawasaki Malaysia and you are required to be at their HQ for a test; to prove that you are capable of handling a supersports. It is unclear if they will loan you a ZX10 or ZX14 for the test. In other words, you need to have a H2 Licence from Kawasaki to own a H2! Now that is exclusive. So if you have been riding a naked sports all this while, it would be difficult or you to get a H2!

When asked by media on what is the difference between a ZX10 and H2, the Japanese representative from Kawasaki replied, "ZX10R have a better handling and H2 will give you better fun."

I like that idea for the H2 license... so that those starbuckers with money cant have it :D lol

Hehe indeed it would create a new kind of status symbol to not only show who has money but who can actually ride the thing properly. But that only works as long as there is no second hand bikes so yea, don't know what this H2 license will achieve. A 100 hp bike in the wrong hands can be as deadly as a 200 hp one. Looks more to be a marketing thing.