Scottish independence: Yes camp hails 'momentum'

Lite Beer

Perhaps you have been listening to to many "salesmen".

The union may have it's problems but problems come from the "union", you talk as if Scotland has just sat on the side lines and has NOTHING to do with the problems. YET Scots were in control of the union for many years...YES or NO ?

I could care less about this Blair and Brown are Scottish so its Scotland's fault tripe transam.

The truth is many of us were advocating independence long before they were in Westminster.

You are not having a discussion about an independence issue there....rather the failings of the UK Labour party.

Tell me.....what is the UK going to do to make things Better Together?

What is the independent Scotland going to do to make things better apart?

Classic scenario: Since today we are independent, but what are we going to do now?

It's naive to think that independence will solve people's problems or miraculously helps Scotland.

That is what I am trying to get across. Seems like running away from the part they played in the union, but all will be fine when we reject our union, can't see it myself.

There can't be a rational discussion about this ...

Everything you hear from nationalists are empty declarations, false ideas, covering their personal dreams and ideological needs.

• Like 2

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

None of you have answered the question....why are the no campaign leaking support?

Is it not because they lied to the electorate on a wide range of issues?

The same lies you are repeating here....I have to laugh because I have already voted....yet none of you have a chance to influence the result anyway.

The union may have it's problems but problems come from the "union", you talk as if Scotland has just sat on the side lines and has NOTHING to do with the problems. YET Scots were in control of the union for many years...YES or NO ?

I could care less about this Blair and Brown are Scottish so its Scotland's fault tripe transam.

The truth is many of us were advocating independence long before they were in Westminster.

You are not having a discussion about an independence issue there....rather the failings of the UK Labour party.

What is the independent Scotland going to do to make things better apart?

Classic scenario: Since today we are independent, but what are we going to do now?

It's naive to think that independence will solve people's problems or miraculously helps Scotland.

That is what I am trying to get across. Seems like running away from the part they played in the union, but all will be fine when we reject our union, can't see it myself.

There can't be a rational discussion about this ...

Everything you hear from nationalists are empty declarations, false ideas, covering their personal dreams and ideological needs.

There certainly can't on here seemingly....you can't even tell me why no are losing over 10% of support in the last month.

None of you have answered the question....why are the no campaign leaking support?

The same lies you are repeating here....I have to laugh because I have already voted....yet none of you have a chance to influence the result anyway.

Leaking support is sociological phenomena started by some media and campaign, attacking people's week spots.

You are twisting my words. Scottish salesmen are blaming the English for stuff when Scots were controlling the union for many years and were part of that union, FACT. If the Scots want to run away, well, up to you/them.

Has the SNP got on paper concrete evidence what will happen if a YES vote regarding EU membership, currency, debt, so Mr and Mrs Scot knows what they are voting for...? YES or NO

Transam you have yet again failed to answer any question put to you... As I've said already...you want answers go look for them on the SNP website or in the debates.

Here he goes again....its Scotland's fault that the UK is a mess.....soon you English can clear it up yourselves.

You should be delighted!

Now we are getting down to your nuts and bolts.......YOU ENGLISH...........that is what it is all about, sadly.

I read every day about the SNP sorting stuff and they haven't. Just Bluster. Show me, cos I cannot find concrete evidence that has solved the big questions.....?

Forget....You English.....Think England, Scotland, Wales and N.I....union.

transam, smokie36 ... gentlemen ... please!

I can understand the passion, but can we please not let this override other considerations?

Nothing is going to be solved by throwing rocks at each other.

This isn't Israel and the Gaza Strip.

Sometimes when there is an intractable disagreeance, both parties can agree to disagree and move on.

• Like 1

I miss John Major. He's a decent bloke.

Labour did so much damage during and after their tenure.

None of this damage had anything to do with Scots or Scotland.

I'm not sure about your first sentence, I don't remember anything bad about John Major, but if it is the case that his government is among those responsible for denying OAPs in Thailand and other countries, their annual pension increases, then that makes him a thief of the lowest order, just like the rest of them.

• Like 2

Leaking support is sociological phenomena started by some media and campaign, attacking people's week spots.

Basically the no campaign has collapsed as they don't really have any platform other than "Same or Worse Together" thus giving us all a good laugh at their campaign slogan.

I can understand the passion, but can we please not let this override other considerations?

Sometimes when there is an intractable disagreeance, both parties can agree to disagree and move on.

I'm convinced he's a Tory David....he slithers out of ever making a real comment other than to talk about how wonderful we are together.

That's fine...but whats his opinion on why the no voters are turning to YES in droves?

I agree chum, already had a Scot (YES) friend dump me because of my put forward questions.

Crazy stuff, yeh he has a passion but so do I, the union I was born into..........thumbsup.gif

I miss John Major. He's a decent bloke.

Labour did so much damage during and after their tenure.

None of this damage had anything to do with Scots or Scotland.

I'm not sure about your first sentence, I don't remember anything bad about John Major, but if it is the case that his government is among those responsible for denying OAPs in Thailand and other countries, their annual pension increases, then that makes him a thief of the lowest order, just like the rest of them.

MJP

John Major was shagging Eggwina Currie. That surely must raise questions about his mental health tongue.pngtongue.png

Yes Jock, I remember that, she was no oil painting, but you don't look at the mantelpiece when your poking the fire.

• Like 1

I agree chum, already had a Scot (YES) friend dump me because of my put forward questions.

Crazy stuff, yeh he has a passion but so do I, the union I was born into..........thumbsup.gif

Sorry transam, whoever he was, he wasn't a friend, certainly not one that you would want to keep.

Independent and an integral part of the EU ? What an oxymoron that is.

• Like 1

Sorry transam, whoever he was, he wasn't a friend, certainly not one that you would want to keep.

Weeeeeeell, chum, life has taught me not to trust folk, but, I always do, perhaps my downfall, BUT, I am glad I am who I am and have never stitched anyone up in my life.....smile.png

• Like 1

Weeeeeeell, chum, life has taught me not to trust folk, but, I always do, perhaps my downfall, BUT, I am glad I am who I am and have never stitched anyone up in my life.....smile.png

Just to clarify a point with you - this Scottish guy dumped you? or you dumped him?

Jock, Prescott would be ideal for a sex monger in Thailand, he's got the big fat belly, though I don't know about the tattoos, you could put a simmet on him,a pair of shorts, have him grow a bit of facial hair, he has also got the most important thing, the money.

Intimidation!!

Bully boy tactics at schools/housing estates and outside jobcentres and food banks.

"Put that poster up in ya window we lassie and you'll have naw windows!"

Both sides have there fair share of spin.

The SNP have not answered the most important question of all, they just keep side stepping the issue and wave the flag.

You are not an independent country if you use the pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Intimidation!!

Bully boy tactics at schools/housing estates and outside jobcentres and food banks.

The SNP have not answered the most important question of all, they just keep side stepping the issue and wave the flag.

You are not an independent country if you use the pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

£?????????????????????????????????whistling.gif

Intimidation!!

Intimidation?....lmao....you make it sound like Zimbabwe......let's be clear....no one is watching you in the polling booth....all voters taking part can cross either box without fear of intimidation.

What a nonsense.

I'll tell you one thing.....more and more will vote YES by next week as they hear what the YES campaign has to say.....the brighter future for an independent Scotland.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

One positive poll in favour of the YES vote and see the sassenachs and soothmoothers

dance a merry jig. Trippin ower each ither to get to Scotland, too late I fear too late God

willing. My wish is to be celebrating in grand fashion on the 19th. clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Celebrating in Phuket?

Absolutely baboon biggrin.png

Err.. That is not exactly patriotic. I take it you will be relocating post haste should the vote be YES?

Your logic escapes me baboon? Celebrating Scotlands new found independence in

Phuket or, for that matter, anywhere other than Scotland is not patriotic, or should I

rush back to Scotland to be patriotic there??? You seem to imply that anyone who

does not live in or move to Scotland after independence is not patriotic, how bizarre

are you? facepalm.gif

Well, it isn't really patriotic is it? Surely you should be there for the rebirth of your nation and helping things along?

OK baboon I will bite. Hardly the rebirth of my nation even when we were in the UK Scotland was still a nation.

Please explain to me why you think celebrating Scotlands independence in Phuket "isn't really patriotic"

I, and I am sure many other Scots in Thailand, await the wisdom of your strange logic, I am all ears, fire

away oh wise one. wai.gif

Because you will be gloating like this is a result of a bloody football match from anther continent, instead of a far reaching political decision which will have huge consequences for millions.

Nothing in your answer relates, even remotely, to why it " isn't really patriotic " to celebrate Scottish

independence in Phuket or anywhere else in the world, your original charge.

Your answer does however indicate your gross ignorance on what independence means to those

who wish for it, and those who do feel very strongly about how it will affect the 5 million+ Scots in an

independent Scotland, nothing but good can come from independence for them. thumbsup.gif