Triumph bikes in Thailand

DILLIGAD

vfr800 crosstourer is heavy too at 250 kg something and if Honda does not make ti in Thailand, we will never see it below 600 k.

African Twin should be super good to see around but if it is 1000 cc, again, it will be around 700 k thb mark i believe if they dont make it here. I think, we will see African Twin at the next Motor Expo next year - 2015 so it will take some time for it to arrive here.

agree on BMW. that twin will not be making your day. If parallel twin, better keep the cb500x!

Or, you can go to the cheaper route and if you think you will not be having adventures in the trails and woods much, get the basic 480 k THB tiger XR and keep the 100 k thb difference for fuel, maintenance and extra mods for long years. 100 k thb means fuel for around 200,000 kms!

I'd probably be willing to go up to that for the Africa Twin. The VFR would only be a touring bike; I'd be insane to consider using it off road.

You give up a lot going with the basic XR...I honestly believe that going all the way up to the XCX and getting the electronic packages, WP adjustable forks/shock, etc. is well worth it.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After being thinking more about my next bike and reading a lot on the excellent forum: triumphrat.net i am not so sure about the Versys as my next bike but should maybe follow my heart instead: Bonneville T-100.

147k baht difference between the two. I guess you pay those money mainly for the brand and not fully tax reduction as the Versys gets.

The T-100 is about 300k baht in the US and almost 400k baht in the UK and Denmark (my native country) about 900k baht for the entry level Bonneville (crazy prices there man), so I think a T-100 is +1mill there but can't find out for sure as hardly anybody buys them.

The closest Triumph dealer (britbike) from Pattaya is in Rayong which is not too bad.

Decisions - decisions, well at least they are pleasent onessmile.png

I have a felling that Triumph will soon be very popular in Thailand as Thais seems to have a love for exotic brands like HD & Ducati and now most likely Tirumph too due to heavy price reduction.

If you are considering a Triumph bike you should try reading below forum, there is a huge information base there, I been studying the Twins forum the last 3 hours and knows a lot more about the Bonneville now:

http://www.triumphrat.net/forum.php

After being thinking more about my next bike and reading a lot on the excellent forum: triumphrat.net i am not so sure about the Versys as my next bike but should maybe follow my heart instead: Bonneville T-100.

147k baht difference between the two. I guess you pay those money mainly for the brand and not fully tax reduction as the Versys gets.

The T-100 is about 300k baht in the US and almost 400k baht in the UK and Denmark (my native country) about 900k baht for the entry level Bonneville (crazy prices there man), so I think a T-100 is +1mill there but can't find out for sure as hardly anybody buys them.

The closest Triumph dealer (britbike) from Pattaya is in Rayong which is not too bad.

Decisions - decisions, well at least they are pleasent onessmile.png

I have a felling that Triumph will soon be very popular in Thailand as Thais seems to have a love for exotic brands like HD & Ducati and now most likely Tirumph too due to heavy price reduction.

If you are considering a Triumph bike you should try reading below forum, there is a huge information base there, I been studying the Twins forum the last 3 hours and knows a lot more about the Bonneville now:

http://www.triumphrat.net/forum.php

Good find and thanks for sharing.

Was out today on a mates new[ish] Triumph thunderbird Storm for a quick 600 k cruise>1700cc twin amazing cruiser with 165+ torque>talk about twist and go for such a big bike is very impressive and deceiving roll the throttle on in top gear and just goes like the scalded cat ,so effortless

Very light feeling and manoeverable for a big cruiser.

Not sure if you have them in Thailand but google will tell you.

I'm more for naked muscle bikes but for extended cruising-touring i would have one of these beasts in a heartbeat.

post-224886-0-30712600-1417279695_thumb.

Was out today on a mates new[ish] Triumph thunderbird Storm for a quick 600 k cruise>1700cc twin amazing cruiser with 165+ torque>talk about twist and go for such a big bike is very impressive and deceiving roll the throttle on in top gear and just goes like the scalded cat ,so effortless

I'm more for naked muscle bikes but for extended cruising-touring i would have one of these beasts in a heartbeat.

There's the Thunderbird Storm offered. I've always wanted to try out the Rocket...2,300 cc (140 in3)...triple cylinder...a nearly 2 HP starter motor (my favourite stat)...163 lb ft torque at 2750 RPM AND you can go 80 mph (~130 km/h) at 3000 RPM. Just a bunch of insane stats. Too bad I don't care much for cruisers.

There's the Thunderbird Storm offered. I've always wanted to try out the Rocket...2,300 cc (140 in3)...triple cylinder...a nearly 2 HP starter motor (my favourite stat)...163 lb ft torque at 2750 RPM AND you can go 80 mph (~130 km/h) at 3000 RPM. Just a bunch of insane stats. Too bad I don't care much for cruisers.

Interesting that the Tiger and Thruxton prices in Aus are close to Thai prices but the Storm is half the cost [$A 21000]= 590,000 baht makes for a good buy IMO

vfr800 crosstourer is heavy too at 250 kg something and if Honda does not make ti in Thailand, we will never see it below 600 k.

African Twin should be super good to see around but if it is 1000 cc, again, it will be around 700 k thb mark i believe if they dont make it here. I think, we will see African Twin at the next Motor Expo next year - 2015 so it will take some time for it to arrive here.

agree on BMW. that twin will not be making your day. If parallel twin, better keep the cb500x!

Or, you can go to the cheaper route and if you think you will not be having adventures in the trails and woods much, get the basic 480 k THB tiger XR and keep the 100 k thb difference for fuel, maintenance and extra mods for long years. 100 k thb means fuel for around 200,000 kms!

I'd probably be willing to go up to that for the Africa Twin. The VFR would only be a touring bike; I'd be insane to consider using it off road.

You give up a lot going with the basic XR...I honestly believe that going all the way up to the XCX and getting the electronic packages, WP adjustable forks/shock, etc. is well worth it.

yep, it is your call on this to pay that extra 100 k or not but xr looks totally adequate for off road with 19 inch wheels, strong alloy rims and pirelli scorpion trails - yeah, same tires with cb500x!

but again, if you will fork out something around 500 k thb for a bike, better get the best one. we dont pay these amount for a bike everyday. so i can understand you.

man, i believe new suzuki v strom xt650 is also a good bike to consider. cheap to run, bulletproof bike and now with spoked rims and updated design and engine at 360 k thb. more than enough power for thailand.

I'd be insane to consider using it off road.

Not quite insane... after years of travelling together, I know there isn't a dirt or gravel road or trail that a GS1200 can go down that a bog-stock '99 VFR800 cannot go on as well!!! wink.png

Not saying it can't be done....but as the last bike I rode that could qualify as off road capable was an old knackered out XR200 back in the 90's, I wouldn't dream of trying to take such an expensive machine where I could drop it after the first 3 meters.

I heard first deliveries will be in April but that was 3rd hand info.

I think that's round about the time the Duacti Scrambler is to be released. Planning on getting the XCX in July/August, so that timeframe works well for me.

I hope that is not true, I am shopping for a new bike in Jan 2015sad.png

Well we will see.

I heard first deliveries will be in April but that was 3rd hand info.

I think that's round about the time the Duacti Scrambler is to be released. Planning on getting the XCX in July/August, so that timeframe works well for me.

But book it in advance dave. If you book it late, your receival time might slide into god knows which month.

Was passing the Triumph distributorship in RCA yesterday so dropped by.

I asked how sales have been at the Motorshow with the new pricing and was amazed to be told that they've sold more than 600 bikes! That's an astonishing number. Looking forward to seeing many more Triumphs on the roads.

Was passing the Triumph distributorship in RCA yesterday so dropped by.

I asked how sales have been at the Motorshow with the new pricing and was amazed to be told that they've sold more than 600 bikes! That's an astonishing number. Looking forward to seeing many more Triumphs on the roads.

Yes that are very good sales figures.

I wonder how many are sold/booked of the different models: Bonneville/Triple/Tiger?

When will they be delivered?

I am so tempted booking a Bonneville T-100 myself, the owners on the Triumphrat.net forum clearly loves them very much.

Wow, 600 bikes!That's far more than I expected.

I like the Newchurch the best,too. Thailand is becoming a bike paradise. Sort of.

Yes, it's a lovely bike and sitting on it felt just like my last Bonnie (1981 T140E). Very comfortable seat and ergonomics. My only criticism is it should have 2 clocks like the T100 as its a twin with twin pipes

Delivery June/July is not good and this being Thailand, hmm, could be delayed to end of 2015, but I hope not.

Well I will visiting the Rayong dealer when I get home and talk to them and check the bikes out.

I can see Britbike is looking for dealers so perhaps one will pop up in Pattaya soon.

Good news- I had my Tiger xcx on order from Dec 1st. Before the motor expo.

Not so good - my 2010 Thruxton that I was thinking of selling is now worth a lot less.....

I kind of wanted to keep it anyway... I just don't ride it so much these days but when I do... Wow.

I bought it second hand for a good price anyway.

Those of you getting misty eyed about triumphs classic range take note. I spent near 100k getting mine to a point where it goes, sounds and handles properly......