Thailand backpacker death: Christina Annesley in mystery death on double Brit-murder island

Lite Beer

Facebook is in the public domain and more importantly she made a public post, not a private post, in the post she said "I think the world should know"

She made a public post and that gives you the right to share her personal information.

Brilliant too... :rolleyes:

Edited by AleG

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now then please explain what use it is to post the link to the German lady FB page. Last I read in this thread yesterday is that Christina's FB page has been removed, but as I'm pretty ignorant about everything FB, I hope you want to forward me a link to the page.

Ok so here goes:

The link to the German girl was provided so skeptics could see who made the post. I would imagine the reason she posted it to Christina's facebook page was to alert her family and friends. I dont know if Christina facebook page is still live or not??

I find it telling that as soon as something comes up that may discredit in anyway the RTP investigation to this then the usual posters come along to try derail it, very strange

So I take it that if I post on Christina's FB page that I was in the same hotel and we shared the bucket of Tramadol and whatever she took with it, I will be considered credible?

Who said since this was posted that it was credible?? But who in their right mind would not want to investigate it to see if it was credible?? Oh wait let me guess who.....................

And you know why I don't want to investigate?

Because I'm not an investigator and don't attempt to be one, in contrast with the umpteen TV armchair investigators which have as much knowledge about criminal investigations as the soi dog just running past my place.

Facebook is in the public domain and more importantly she made a public post, not a private post, in the post she said "I think the world should know"

She made a public post and that gives you the right to share her personal information.

Brilliant too... rolleyes.gif

Yes actually it does, if you have a facebook page then your personal details can be shared by anyone billions of people believe it or not, but please also check as I did not post the link to her facebook page or give out any of her personal details, that was just a personal choice of mine, but anyone has the right to do so.

Now anything else you'd like to try and use to deflect the actual information provided by that post??

Anthony5#668

And you know why I don't want to investigate? Because I'm not an investigator and don't attempt to be one, in contrast with the umpteen TV armchair investigators which have as much knowledge about criminal investigations as the soi dog just running past my place.

Good for you, I actually didn't imply you should investigate because I also believe your investigative skills would be insufficient to even find your way to Koh Tao. I also didn't imply anyone on TV should investigate. But in the real world then one would hope it was investigated by credible authorities would you not agree?

Edited by thailandchilli

To be fair, it is looking more and more like a tragic accident.

That being said it does not excuse the manner ion which the death was attempted to be kept as quiet as possible, nor the way the RTP and the person of influence owner dealt with the situation.

Neither does it give any credibility to the RTP apologists and trolls who try to derail every criticism of the authorities. Obviously they have had their attitude adjustment course and passed with flying colours. Happiness personified no doubt.

Strange, it looks to me like drugged, raped, and killed (not necessarily in that order or all 3).

Anthony5 #654 Strange that there is no post on that FB page after 9 January. Probably hacked and removed by Mon, not?

Whys that strange?

Hacked by Mon or not? Well if you dream up things like that then better you keep your dreams to yourself eh

I go to the link provide by stealthenergiser and what I can see is this.

attachicon.giffacebook2.JPG

Maybe you want to be so kind to post a screenshot with the post?

You obviously no little about facebook correct?

She did not make that post on her page, she made it on Christina's page Jesus. Now go to Christina's facebook if you want to find it

Now then please explain what use it is to post the link to the German lady FB page. Last I read in this thread yesterday is that Christina's FB page has been removed, but as I'm pretty ignorant about everything FB, I hope you want to forward me a link to the page.

Yeah, now I know why you decline to become an investigator.

Do what I did in order to find Christinas facebook.

Lesson no:1 - How to search for basic information on Google

post-201877-0-28233300-1422111043_thumb.

steven100, on 24 Jan 2015 - 01:34, said:
jacko45k, on 24 Jan 2015 - 00:43, said:
steven100, on 23 Jan 2015 - 08:18, said:

'died of natural causes after seeking treatment for a chest infection.'

not buying it .. ! people rarely die of chest infection if ever ....

People die of pneumonia very often.ermm.gif

I should have been more specific ...

I expect it would be rare for a young healthy fit vibrant 23 year with an uncompromised immune system and no known medical conditions to succumb to natural causes from a chest infection.

In that she was not elderly and sick with a weak immune system.

According to her tweets, it does seem she had a very bad cough when she arrived in Thailand on January 7th. She remarked that other passengers were staring at her like she had Ebola!

Regarding the Tramadol, apparently she was looking for Nurofen+ (Ibuprofen and Codeine) which is a common painkiller sold in the U.K. and was given Tramadol by a pharmacist in BKK as Nurofen+ is not sold in Thailand. So, nothing really suspicious about that. It's the Vallium I just don't get. Why would a vibrant young girl need Vallium? Presumably she brought it with her from the U.K.

It's not just the elderly that die from pneumonia, you can die at any age from it, if the conditions are right. We do not know at this stage whether she had any underlying medical conditions that might have made her susceptible.

On the face of it, it looks like an accidental overdose of prescription meds in combination with alcohol, or an allergic reaction to the antibiotics, but who really knows given the recent events on that island? What we can be pretty sure about is that the RTP won't investigate it properly.

There is also the question of banned chemicals used in some of these cheap guesthouses to eradicate bed bugs, which are believed to be responsible for some unexplained tourist deaths in Thailand. Again, who knows?

I hope at the very least the poor girl is given a proper autopsy.

Regarding the Tramadol, apparently she was looking for Nurofen+ (Ibuprofen and Codeine) which is a common painkiller sold in the U.K. and was given Tramadol by a pharmacist in BKK as Nurofen+ is not sold in Thailand. So, nothing really suspicious about that. It's the Vallium I just don't get. Why would a vibrant young girl need Vallium? Presumably she brought it with her from the U.K.

Tramadol is a recreational drug, it's opiate based. Not widely known outside youths. She's about my age, and I've taken it before. I read her tweets as saying that she was enjoying it for those effects not pain. There are plenty of other painkillers she could've chosen or been prescribed with euphoric effects. Valium is also popular amongst recreational pill poppers for relaxing.

Nothing wrong with taking them. I posted earlier that it's really difficult to overdose or find yourself dead from mixing these meds with alcohol, I've taken 600mg tramadol and 5-6 beers and just puked, the body vomits it out. Relatively safe. Death is possible but then so is overdosing on alcohol alone. It would be ridiculous to suggest she drank herself to death, yet people jump to presume it was pills + alcohol, because the drug they have no experience with must surely be worse than the drug they know better. I find that ridiculous too.

Now date rape drugs on the other hand, I can see being highly lethal...

To be clear, I'd lean towards this being murder or date rape overdose more often than accidental overdose from anything the girl took herself.

Edited by jspill

yes started from page 1…and the comment above is another, you dont know any facts from the what was found at the room..how do you know she didn't take valium and tramadol, pass out and choke on her vomit?….too easy i guess and wouldn't fit in your murder theories.

another…why was she naked??…really??.. a tourist in a tropical climate??..bikini all day then don a night gown to sleep in??

why did someone enter her room??…err, maybe she was supposed to check out, maybe she was supposed to be getting a boat, diving??…..no..in you guys eyes the only possible reason was 'they came to clear up her murder'.

the list goes on and on

it also seems clear that anyone that has a difference of opinion to some of you is on a mafia payroll….do you remember the whole mafia thing was started back in september by sean mcanna…a 'credible' convicted sex offender?

Edited by frank83628

yes started from page 1…and the comment above is another, you dont know any facts from the what was found at the room..how do you know she didn't take valium and tramadol, pass out and choke on her vomit?….too easy i guess and wouldn't fit in your murder theories.

another…why was she naked??…really??.. a tourist in a tropical climate??..bikini all day then don a night gown to sleep in??

why did someone enter her room??…err, maybe she was supposed to check out, maybe she was supposed to be getting a boat, diving??…..no..in you guys eyes the only possible reason was 'they came to clear up her murder'.

the list goes on and on

And what if your wrong? Oh don't tell me you'll wait for the autopsy results to make a decision and feel comfortable the truth has been revealed.

well to start with if her MOTHER, who i am guessing had far more contact with her daughter..and also knows her daughter far better than any of you here hasn't raised any questions about the verdict then i would take note of that way before listening to any of your theories given so far…is that not a sensible way to look at things….or not fit in with your... err.. facts were they… you have facts right??

ps by 'you' , i dont mean you in person mr/mrs/miss chill..i mean all the people saying it was foul play

actually longstebe..some have actually accused and used names…thats slightly more than just a discussion, i would have thought those comment would /should have been removed by admin to be honest

I've just noticed your join date, welcome to thai visa.

well to start with if her MOTHER, who i am guessing had far more contact with her daughter..and also knows her daughter far better than any of you here hasn't raised any questions about the verdict then i would take note of that way before listening to any of your theories given so faris that not a sensible way to look at things.or not fit in with your... err.. facts were they you have facts right??

ps by 'you' , i dont mean you in person mr/mrs/miss chill..i mean all the people saying it was foul play

Nobody knows yet what was the cause but the Police coming out and making ridiculous claims of natural causes without an autopsy adds fuel to the fire.

I fail to see how a relationship between two people suddenly gives them the expertise to be able to give a verdict on their death

That being said it does not excuse the manner ion which the death was attempted to be kept as quiet as possible, nor the way the RTP and the person of influence owner dealt with the situation.

Neither does it give any credibility to the RTP apologists and trolls who try to derail every criticism of the authorities. Obviously they have had their attitude adjustment course and passed with flying colours. Happiness personified no doubt.

What makes you think that DenniF?

You do spout a load of old rubbish.

Ok so here goes:

The link to the German girl was provided so skeptics could see who made the post. I would imagine the reason she posted it to Christina's facebook page was to alert her family and friends. I dont know if Christina facebook page is still live or not??

I find it telling that as soon as something comes up that may discredit in anyway the RTP investigation to this then the usual posters come along to try derail it, very strange

So I take it that if I post on Christina's FB page that I was in the same hotel and we shared the bucket of Tramadol and whatever she took with it, I will be considered credible?

well to start with if her MOTHER, who i am guessing had far more contact with her daughter..and also knows her daughter far better than any of you here hasn't raised any questions about the verdict then i would take note of that way before listening to any of your theories given so far…is that not a sensible way to look at things….or not fit in with your... err.. facts were they… you have facts right??

I think Mother's indications should be listened to yes, but in my opinion this does not seem to be death by natural cause as mother stated, more like drug induced, but that is only an opinion.

If we place the importance of Mothers opinions above all else then perhaps we should also listen more carefully to the mother of Nick Pearson who was convinced her son was murdered in Koh Tao

Edited by thailandchilli

well to start with if her MOTHER, who i am guessing had far more contact with her daughter..and also knows her daughter far better than any of you here hasn't raised any questions about the verdict then i would take note of that way before listening to any of your theories given so faris that not a sensible way to look at things.or not fit in with your... err.. facts were they you have facts right??

Nobody knows yet what was the cause but the Police coming out and making ridiculous claims of natural causes without an autopsy adds fuel to the fire.

I fail to see how a relationship between two people suddenly gives them the expertise to be able to give a verdict on their death

have the police actually given a press conference yet about this or did you read this online somewhere?

jspill, on 22 Jan 2015 - 19:55, said:
Alwyn, on 22 Jan 2015 - 19:21, said:

You're the one that was making the AC bar posts when the two kids got murdered aren't you? I think I asked if you were posting on behalf of those animals at the AC bar? Guess this answers that question

All these Koh Tao apologists have some form of vested interest in the island, covered in other threads.

jdinasia - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/775562-british-police-examining-koh-tao-murder-probe-to-return-to-uk/page-11#entry8663016

islandlife - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/788835-french-man-found-hanged-in-koh-tao-with-his-hands-tied-behind-his-back-foul-play-suspected/page-29

JohnThailandJohn too if I recall, can't find a link I'm sure others will confirm.

You forgot AleG

AleG was quite indignant when I said that he had business interests on Koh Tao. However, I didn't really pursue the matter e.g. possibly friends with business interests there (JD, JTJ, Islandlife etc) because to be quite honest his blind defence of ANY suspicious happening on KT makes me wary of anything he says anyway!

Just put all four of them on 'Ignore' and it cuts most of the thbs.gif

jspill, on 24 Jan 2015 - 16:26, said:
IslandLover, on 24 Jan 2015 - 16:09, said:

Tramadol is a recreational drug, it's opiate based. Not widely known outside youths. She's about my age, and I've taken it before. I read her tweets as saying that she was enjoying it for those effects not pain. There are plenty of other painkillers she could've chosen or been prescribed with euphoric effects. Valium is also popular amongst recreational pill poppers for relaxing.

Nothing wrong with taking them. I posted earlier that it's really difficult to overdose or find yourself dead from mixing these meds with alcohol, I've taken 600mg tramadol and 5-6 beers and just puked, the body vomits it out. Relatively safe. Death is possible but then so is overdosing on alcohol alone. It would be ridiculous to suggest she drank herself to death, yet people jump to presume it was pills + alcohol, because the drug they have no experience with must surely be worse than the drug they know better. I find that ridiculous too.

To be clear, I'd lean towards this being murder or date rape overdose more often than accidental overdose from anything the girl took herself.

Nurofen+ is also opiate-based, although I believe Tramadol is a lot stronger. Co-codamol is another one (paracetamol and codeine) and I have to take it for my osteoarthritis. I can't say I feel eurphoric with it though, it just helps me to get through the day sometimes. Now that stuff they prescribe in the States - Oxy whatever, dubbed as "hillbilly heroin", is frequently used by kids for kicks. So Tramadol is used for the same purpose? I didn't know that. In case you think I'm a judgemental "old fart", I grew up in the 1960s - the era of Sex, Drugs & Rock 'n Roll. Been there, done that ..... thumbsup.gif Nevertheless, the way some young people behave nowadays astounds me.

However, I do have an open mind and I will reserve my judgement on what happened to this poor girl until a proper autopsy is done, preferably in the U.K.

It's the Vallium I just don't get. Why would a vibrant young girl need Vallium? Presumably she brought it with her from the U.K.

Valium mixed with alcohol is used as a recreational drug.

And it is also used by 50% of English women along with pain relief drugs according to recent reports in the UK press. By what I've learned in the past 4 months post-222787-0-15274900-1422117639_thumb.about Koh Tao and the availability of recreational drugs, no tourist would have any need to take their own.

It's the Vallium I just don't get. Why would a vibrant young girl need Vallium? Presumably she brought it with her from the U.K.

And it is also used by 50% of English women along with pain relief drugs according to recent reports in the UK press. By what I've learned in the past 4 months attachicon.gifoff your face in KT.jpgabout Koh Tao and the availability of recreational drugs, no tourist would have any need to take their own.

Maybe they forgot to mention that in the travel brochure coffee1.gif

And it is also used by 50% of English women along with pain relief drugs according to recent reports in the UK press. By what I've learned in the past 4 months attachicon.gifoff your face in KT.jpgabout Koh Tao and the availability of recreational drugs, no tourist would have any need to take their own.

Yes I saw that pic, Koh Tao needs cleaning up in more ways than one

Tramadol is a recreational drug, it's opiate based. Not widely known outside youths.

I don't think you've got that right. It's a very widely prescribed drug in the UK for pain.