Tottenham Thread

chonabot

On 8/25/2017 at 3:47 PM, mrbojangles said:

Maybe the banter is starting to go a tad too far. Calm it down please gents

As mrbojangles said. Calm it down. I have gone through and cleaned up a lot of crap. As you know. The football forum lets alot go. We are a bit more lenient. But you have to remember that its not just me and mrbo who moderate the forums. Other mods plus admin do to. However we must also be seen to be doing our job. I have cleaned alot up. But for now , this is a public warning. Banter is one thing but calling people names is another. Please see the rules if you are unsure.

• Like 1

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

Not seen the game but disappointing to say the least conceding so late on.

Not sure if you know but your team drew so as well as conceding you dropped a further 2 points at wembley (home). Ouch.

7 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I watched that match first, watching LFC on delay. 

Looked great all over the park, but felt like just that little bit short. 

Narrow margins.

We did this last season too but early days.

We'll still be there or abouts come May.

• Like 1

I wasn't stuck on the shuttle from Anfield to Birmingham New St so no need to concern yourself on that score.

What's that another tale from the crypt.  

Great result for burnley and besides chelsea, a poor return for the London clubs and all the claimants. 

7 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

What's that another tale from the crypt.  

Great result for burnley and besides chelsea, a poor return for the London clubs and all the claimants. 

Yes a point Burnley will be delighted with and symptomatic of a lot of games I suspect this year where the top 5/6 clubs will face a stiff defence for most of the game with 70% possession and be trying to break the opposition down.

Can't blame those clubs...and when they get a result you have to take it on the chin.

The Blackpool game will haunt me way more than this one however.

Yes a point Burnley will be delighted with and symptomatic of a lot of games I suspect this year where the top 5/6 clubs will face a stiff defence for most of the game with 70% possession and be trying to break the opposition down.

Can't blame those clubs...and when they get a result you have to take it on the chin.

The Blackpool game will haunt me way more than this one however.

Haunt hoodoo voodoo bad luck. 

Tough to understand Spurs defensive positioning late in the game. Why leave yourself so vulnerable to a counter attack up a goal ? You could almost see a goal coming. Save for a great tackle by Lloris, Burnley should have scored minutes before they did. Mind boggling. I'm sure Lloris must have wondered what the **** was going on.

On 27/8/2560 at 9:54 AM, owl sees all said:

Let's start by forecasting the game tonight. I'll stick my neck out with a 1-1 result.

Post 26368

Sorry I was correct.

There must be dozens of Spurs supporters on TVF. I want them to start talking about FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about the coupons lads. I'm here any time for you!

Edited by owl sees all
added more content
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

We did this last season too but early days.

We'll still be there or abouts come May.

Ronnie

You won,t be "there" but "thereabouts" for sure,playing your home games at Wembley will prove to be your achilles heel :sad:

27 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Post 26368

Sorry I was correct.

There must be dozens of Spurs supporters on TVF. I want them to start talking about FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about the coupons lads. I'm here any time for you!

To be fair not a lot of football discussed on here these days.  If you really want to discuss the game, tactics ect probably better to find another forum.

Just now, carmine said:

To be fair not a lot of football discussed on here these days.  If you really want to discuss the game, tactics ect probably better to find another forum.

Thanks for that carmine.

I have noticed that between games little of what is posted is actually about footy. After the game there is good chat. I have only been on two footy forums; Spurs and Man city. Yes!!! I do want to talk football.

I played semi-pro in the Isthiam league until I retired at 42. Just couldn't shake off those injuries!! Football is my sport.

The only footy I play now is a five-a-side at the local Kubota dealership.

Real shame about the postings; don't know where all the Spurs fans have got to.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Thanks for that carmine.

I have noticed that between games little of what is posted is actually about footy. After the game there is good chat. I have only been on two footy forums; Spurs and Man city. Yes!!! I do want to talk football.

I played semi-pro in the Isthiam league until I retired at 42. Just couldn't shake off those injuries!! Football is my sport.

The only footy I play now is a five-a-side at the local Kubota dealership.

Real shame about the postings; don't know where all the Spurs fans have got to.

Off to talk football!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, champers said:

When do you play Utd at home? Swap for Shaw plus some cash?

Rose won't be sold after yesterday's performance and I would expect the lad from France to arrive shortly on the right as well.

Our wing backs were awful yesterday by all accounts.

59 minutes ago, balo said:

Not sure what to make of this performance . 2 home games and no wins. Anyone surprised ?

I'm surprised that people are focusing on the fillip that opposing teams will get playing at Wembley but Spurs don't seem to get the same buzz! If I was a Tottenham player, I'd be champing at the bit.

Just now, oldgit said:

I'm surprised that people are focusing on the fillip that opposing teams will get playing at Wembley but Spurs don't seem to get the same buzz! If I was a Tottenham player, I'd be champing at the bit.

Champing at the bit for what?

A pay rise!!

• Like 1

In other news: Striking crane drivers are set to target high profile sites and one of those is Spurs new stadium. First day of action is 9th September. Drivers currently earn £60K per year. A Spurs player wouldn't get out of bed for that amount per week.