Tottenham Thread

chonabot

22 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Thanks for that alfie but I'm sad about it. Ross Barclay is neither the right type of player nor good enough for Spurs. If SuperSpurs want to get with - and stay with - the big boys they need to set their sights considerably higher than Barclay. 

What is the "right" type of player?   Who's to say he can't be coached into a top drawer player?  And we'll be getting him for a steal in a vastly inflated market.

Danny Rose was a slightly better than average player when he joined us and hopefully we'll soon be selling him to United for 45m.

2 hours ago, carmine said:

What is the "right" type of player?   Who's to say he can't be coached into a top drawer player?  And we'll be getting him for a steal in a vastly inflated market.

Too greedy, too often makes the wrong decisions when on the ball. Maybe he can be coached into a top drawer but i reckon there is better out there.

Spurs are one of those clubs where style and entertainment are important to the fans. They expect good football. For me Barclay does not fit the bill; cheap or not.

10 minutes ago, balo said:

Maybe we will do better in our home games now , since we are performing below average away.

The transition from playing a pressing game to one where teams sit back tight against us is taking some time to learn is all.

I'm not concerned at all.

The easiest game for us this month perversely will be the Citeh match since they will play football and attack us.

• Like 1

From the footballing Oracle, Joseph Barton:
Barton feels that Walker’s departure could lead to many other of Tottenham’s players following suit in the coming years. He said: “You see Kyle Walker has left them to go to City. It’s been the right decision. The lads will be aware of that. It’s only a matter of time before the rest of them do."

Heard Toby is only on 50k. He's got to be worth double that hasn't he but Spurs won't stump up the cash. He'll be off.

3 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The transition from playing a pressing game to one where teams sit back tight against us is taking some time to learn is all.

I'm not concerned at all.

The easiest game for us this month perversely will be the Citeh match since they will play football and attack us.

At least your toughest game has been put off until January.....so you can enjoy NYE now:partytime2:

• Like 1

Anybody read the BBC piece today on Clattenburg and his reffing of the Chelsea v Tottenham game that cost Spurs the title to Leicester.

Doesn't really matter that it's about Spurs, but I found it really annoying in the category of celebrity refs thinking the game is all about them. Should be banned by the refs association if he's still a member! 

14 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

From the footballing Oracle, Joseph Barton:
Barton feels that Walker’s departure could lead to many other of Tottenham’s players following suit in the coming years. He said: “You see Kyle Walker has left them to go to City. It’s been the right decision. The lads will be aware of that. It’s only a matter of time before the rest of them do."

Heard Toby is only on 50k. He's got to be worth double that hasn't he but Spurs won't stump up the cash. He'll be off.

You're quoting Joey Barton!!!!:smile:  Has it really come to this!!!:sad:

You are taking a quote from Joey Barton and you want to be taken seriously?!!!!!  Is this a <deleted> joke?  Unbelievable......

Is anyone remotely interested in what he says?  He's a retard.  A genetic throwback.

As for Alderweirald, he could start in any side in europe and keeping him was always rather unrealistic.  Any other team in the premier league would fail to keep him i believe.  He should be wearing a Barca or Madrid shirt.  Rose can go for 45m, i don't want him anyway, he's unsettling in the dressing room.  Would much rather have Sessignon, ten years younger, far more talented.  

But anyway, its good to see you are jumping on the media bandwagon, its taken you long enough, they've been saying were going to lose all our players, in every window for two years now.

Edited by carmine

1 hour ago, carmine said:

You're quoting Joey Barton!!!!:smile:  Has it really come to this!!!:sad:

You are taking a quote from Joey Barton and you want to be taken seriously?!!!!!  Is this a <deleted> joke?  Unbelievable......

Is anyone remotely interested in what he says?  He's a retard.  A genetic throwback.

As for Alderweirald, he could start in any side in europe and keeping him was always rather unrealistic.  Any other team in the premier league would fail to keep him i believe.  He should be wearing a Barca or Madrid shirt.  Rose can go for 45m, i don't want him anyway, he's unsettling in the dressing room.  Would much rather have Sessignon, ten years younger, far more talented.  

But anyway, its good to see you are jumping on the media bandwagon, its taken you long enough, they've been saying were going to lose all our players, in every window for two years now.

Trigg's always a bit behind with the times :biggrin:

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, SantiSuk said:

Anybody read the BBC piece today on Clattenburg and his reffing of the Chelsea v Tottenham game that cost Spurs the title to Leicester.

Doesn't really matter that it's about Spurs, but I found it really annoying in the category of celebrity refs thinking the game is all about them. Should be banned by the refs association if he's still a member! 

Clattenburg was another referee who thought the game was about him.  (Bit like the bald headed ref that used to officiate for Ferguson)  If he was reffing the Manc derby next weekend it would have been a battle of wills between him and Mourinho as to which one could be the center of attraction.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Clattenburg was another referee who thought the game was about him.  (Bit like the bald headed ref that used to officiate for Ferguson)  If he was reffing the Manc derby next weekend it would have been a battle of wills between him and Mourinho as to which one could be the center of attraction.

howard webb? loved himself and loved the camera that one. thought the game was about him and his impact on it.

clattenburg's cut from the same cloth, this pillock actually got a tattoo of the date of the european cup final he reffed. that's reffed, not played in. he's one of the worst for refereeing the occasion rather than just applying the laws of the game like he's supposed to. 

Bit touchy this morning are we Carmine. I posted it for people's interest. I happen to believe Barton is right. Carmine, how can Spurs continue to keep their top players on salaries vastly inferior than they could get up the road PLUS they might also win something at those other clubs?

Edited by Bredbury Blue

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Bit touchy this morning are we Carmine. I posted it for people's interest. I happen to believe Barton is right. Carmine, how can Spurs continue to keep their top players on salaries vastly inferior than they could get up the road PLUS they might also win something at those other clubs?

We can do it because we pretty much have to do it with a stadium to pay for and no sugar plum sheikh or mafia boss to bankroll us.

In short we are a football club run on revenue only unlike some other fairytale clubs so how could we hope to compete?

Yes we'll sell players and then either bring through youth or buy up and coming new talent and mould them into greats as we have always done.

Its what real football clubs do BB....and we will still be following Tottenham 50 years from now even if we win nothing at all.

COYS.

25 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

We can do it because we pretty much have to do it with a stadium to pay for and no sugar plum sheikh or mafia boss to bankroll us.

In short we are a football club run on revenue only unlike some other fairytale clubs so how could we hope to compete?

Yes we'll sell players and then either bring through youth or buy up and coming new talent and mould them into greats as we have always done.

Its what real football clubs do BB....and we will still be following Tottenham 50 years from now even if we win nothing at all.

COYS.

Old news Ronnie. Our owner invested in us at the start. That investment has meant we have won things and become part of the regular champs league group. All of that up front investment into the long term, means we now turn a profit.

BTW. City fans are some of the best in the country and have supported them through thick and thin. We've supported them through 35 + plus years of winning nothing and would continue to do so if we never won anything again.

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Old news Ronnie. Our owner invested in us at the start. That investment has meant we have won things and become part of the regular champs league group. All of that up front investment into the long term, means we now turn a profit.

BTW. City fans are some of the best in the country and have supported them through thick and thin. We've supported them through 35 + plus years of winning nothing and would continue to do so if we never won anything again.

Bit misleading that, implying that the only investment was at the start when in fact you have had money drip fed  into the club to pay for  the hundreds of millions you have spent on player's !

I must admit i do piss myself when the club comes out and ses that they have zero debt :biggrin:

32 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

I must admit i do piss myself when the club comes out and ses that they have zero debt :biggrin:

the drongo caveman  have another piss in your cave ,your dog of a chaiman 4BY 2 has been on the drip feed (cash)since his tenure began, please point out a honest C/man  owner   in the EPL ,no going off on your wild tangents, name one

12 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

the drongo caveman  have another piss in your cave ,your dog of a chaiman 4BY 2 has been on the drip feed (cash)since his tenure began, please point out a honest C/man  owner   in the EPL ,no going off on your wild tangents, name one

Sorry don't know what that has to do with zero debt !  anyway are you still bottling  ?

Edited by alfieconn

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

When are you going to spend 800m quid on a new stadium?

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

When are you going to spend 800m quid on a new stadium?

Don't need to spend much more. Already spent enough turning it into a football stadium and expanding it twice. Coupled with the money we spent on building the Etihad campus and the academy, I think that should be almost enough for a while.

20 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Not so much touchy as bored with the doom mongers on a topic thats never come to fruition.  Anyone with half a brain has little or no interest in what he says.  Anyway, as i've already said, this opinion has been thrown at us ad nauseam for the past three years.  Hasn't happened yet has it....why should it happen now?  We'll probably lose Alderweirald but as one of the most sought after center backs in europe is that a surprise?  I'll happily see the back of Rose for 45m.  Who else?  Anyone?  Any signs yet aside of the fact they've all signed new contracts?

So, any particular difference in circumstances now,  has your club announced its prepared to pay even more obscene wages than they already do...not that it gives you an advantage and all.

20 hours ago, StevieH said:

howard webb? loved himself and loved the camera that one. thought the game was about him and his impact on it.

clattenburg's cut from the same cloth, this pillock actually got a tattoo of the date of the european cup final he reffed. that's reffed, not played in. he's one of the worst for refereeing the occasion rather than just applying the laws of the game like he's supposed to. 

Yes i was referring to Webb.  He and Clattenburg are from the same mould.  

11 hours ago, evenstevens said:

on your wild tangents again  , fluff off,   you  fluff wit of a drongo caveman...

Go away, please.    I'll open a Simpleton's Thread just for you.  You can bore, insult, waffle, and post illiterate drivel to your hearts content and leave the grown ups to discuss football.  

11 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Is that because you don't know how business works?

No it's because your club speaks about no debt as though it's some sort of remarkable achievement, let's face it, all of us would be debt free if we were given million's !!

Edited by alfieconn

20 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

No it's because your club speaks about no debt as though it's some sort of remarkable achievement, let's face it, all of us would be debt free if we were given million's !!

And were able to write off players at an enormous loss,  pay vastly inflated purchase prices and exorbitant wages but hey, lets just brush that all aside.  

52 minutes ago, carmine said:

And were able to write off players at an enormous loss,  pay vastly inflated purchase prices and exorbitant wages but hey, lets just brush that all aside.  

Highest wages in the league are United. Chelsea 2nd, Liverpool 3rd and City 4th. Arsenal 5th and Spurs are 6th. So you're up there with the top 6 and we aren't top.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/01/premier-league-finances-club-by-club

I agree that we have had to spend big on players, that's today's market but some will turn out to be cheap buys. However, we are still not the one's who constantly break the premier league transfer records.

Not sure I understand your point of writing off players at enormous loss