Yamaha YZF-R3 Launch

Ozgur

I saw it on FB page of Yamaha Rider Clubs Thailand that Yamaha will organize an event for R3 launch at Buriram Circuit. Rossi, Lorenzo and bunch of recers will also join. The date is 6-8 February.

This is not the bike I will buy but the idea of R3 being in Thailand makes me somehow excited.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Probably my next bike. i had hoped they would have it at the Central World Bike show, but alas, according to reports it isn't. A friend of mine there was told it would be in the region of 200K. If that is true, then I think Yamaha are making a mistake pricing it higher than the Ninja 300, while in other countries it will be cheaper.

Probably my next bike. i had hoped they would have it at the Central World Bike show, but alas, according to reports it isn't. A friend of mine there was told it would be in the region of 200K. If that is true, then I think Yamaha are making a mistake pricing it higher than the Ninja 300, while in other countries it will be cheaper.

If it's built elsewhere it makes sense it would be more expensive than the Ninjette. It probably is going to have a bit (to a lot if it doesn't want to comply with A2 license scheme) more power. If it doesn't come with ABS standard that makes no sense. Will it be sold nationwide at the small Yamaha dealers? Will spare parts be readily available?

So many questions.

If it's built elsewhere it makes sense it would be more expensive than the Ninjette. It probably is going to have a bit (to a lot if it doesn't want to comply with A2 license scheme) more power. If it doesn't come with ABS standard that makes no sense. Will it be sold nationwide at the small Yamaha dealers? Will spare parts be readily available?

So many questions.

Yamaha riders club say it will have ABS. Luckily for me I'm not far from the Yamaha Bike bike dealer and service centre in Ratchada.

Maybe someone could translate

! Confirm เรียบร้อย !

หลังจากสงบนิ่งไปซักพัก กับ YZF-R3

ที่ล่าสุดพร้อมขึ้นไลน์ผลิตในเดือน ก.พ.

"และ" อย่างรวดเร็ว

ส่งมาพร้อมโชว์ตัว กับรุ่นพี่ R-Series

ในสนาม CIC วันที่ 7 กพ. นี้

และเปิดตัวพร้อม กระทบไหล่ ทีมนักแข่งจาก MotoGP หลายคน !

ปล. ยืนยันเรียบร้อยว่า R3 มาพร้อม ABS นะครับ

ปล.2 "อาจจะ" ได้เห็น R-Series 2015 แบบครบทีม ครั้งแรกนะครับ

Edited by macknife

it will be sold around 200. pay 100 k more, get an inline four 650.

or same price, get a torquy and fun but roomy cbr500r.

good bike though r3. i like it.

honda wil do a 250 cc twin as well soon in Indonesia to compete with ninja 300 and r3. so competition is fierce which is good for us!

Looks like a nice bike, now starting to see the R15's and they look nice in the flesh, If you had to choose between a cbr 150 or the R15 I would definitely choose the R15.

About he Introduction at C.I.C Buriram,7 February is the chance to see the R3 and Valentino himself!

post-143096-0-14088200-1422537019_thumb.

http://therideadvice.com/yamaha-r3-vs-kawasaki-ninja-300-vs-honda-cbr300r-specification-comparison/

Looks like a nice bike, now starting to see the R15's and they look nice in the flesh, If you had to choose between a cbr 150 or the R15 I would definitely choose the R15.

About he Introduction at C.I.C Buriram,7 February is the chance to see the R3 and Valentino himself!

attachicon.gifR3 introduction 2.jpg

http://therideadvice.com/yamaha-r3-vs-kawasaki-ninja-300-vs-honda-cbr300r-specification-comparison/

love to be there too especially if it is a bike i am really interested o buying.

http://therideadvice.com is not working now.

Now for me neither ( yesterday it worked) the whole site does not want to load??

Well, it just was a spec comparison, no road test yet.

Now for me neither ( yesterday it worked) the whole site does not want to load??

Well, it just was a spec comparison, no road test yet.

I'd be interested in an independent dyno run. You can find them all over for the other 2 bikes.

love to be there too especially if it is a bike i am really interested o buying.

Just from reading your posts, people think you are interested in buying every bike in the world.

Just from reading your posts, people think you are interested in buying every bike in the world.

Is that not normal then? (Joke)

but not an r3.

but not an r3.

Or a Kawasaki..

Actually I would say that pic does not have abs

Although that pic is pretty small even enlarging it I do not see the slotted abs ring

post_62796_14226098299812.jpg

It is the big ring style of the pre-abs Ninja rotor up front

If it was ABS there would be the smaller slotted ring like this

ohknwg24_eft.jpg

But instead it is the same style as the pre-abs ninja like this

img_02_01.jpg

All that aside a small sport bike should not have ABS IMO or at least be optional.

Ideally a small perky sport bike need the feel of a brake that is not directed thru so much extra hoses & a pump/ecu etc.

Ideally a nice setup would be two small rotors which only need smaller calipers too...like Moto3 uses

Something like this wink.png

05fenati_4gn_6138_slideshow_169.jpg 07vazquez_img_3925_efren_vazquez_origina

Edited by mania

Although that pic is pretty small even enlarging it I do not see the slotted abs ring

ohknwg24_eft.jpg

img_02_01.jpg

All that aside a small sport bike should not have ABS IMO or at least be optional.

Ideally a small perky sport bike need the feel of a brake that is not directed thru so much extra hoses & a pump/ecu etc.

Ideally a nice setup would be two small rotors which need smaller calipers too...like Moto3 uses

05fenati_4gn_6138_slideshow_169.jpg

I could be wrong, but the two sets of buttons and the white lettering on the front fender led me to that thought.

I could be wrong, but the two sets of buttons and the white lettering on the front fender led me to that thought.

Could be & like I said that pic is pretty tiny...Usually

what I look for

is the smaller ABS ring

That ring in the small original pic posted here looks like the bigger carrier type/floater type inner ring

But again hard to tell...

The white lettering I have seen there is Yamaha

Also in this pic which is larger again I do not see the slotted abs type ring up front

But do see a large diameter...maybe 320mm? floater type rotor

2015_Yamaha_YZF_R3_1.jpg

Looks similar in size to the 320mm floater I had put on my Ninja

2014_02_11_13_34_29.jpg

Edited by mania

Could be & like I said that pic is pretty tiny...Usually

what I look for

is the smaller ABS ring

That ring in the small original pic posted here looks like the bigger carrier type/floater type inner ring

But again hard to tell...

The white lettering I have seen there is Yamaha

Also in this pic which is larger again I do not see the slotted abs type ring up front

But do see a large diameter...maybe 320mm? floater type rotor

2015_Yamaha_YZF_R3_1.jpg

Looks similar in size to the 320mm floater I had put on my Ninja

2014_02_11_13_34_29.jpg

298 mm floater up front...no ABS..

Edited by andreandre

ohknwg24_eft.jpg

img_02_01.jpg

Ideally a nice setup would be two small rotors which only need smaller calipers too...like Moto3 uses

05fenati_4gn_6138_slideshow_169.jpg 07vazquez_img_3925_efren_vazquez_origina

I'm confused.

Everything else being equal, larger diameter rotor provides a longer lever arm so, seems to me, it would require less forceful [smaller] caliper.